2011 Jeep Patriot consumer reviews

Explore the 2011 Jeep Patriot
Shop the 2011 Jeep Patriot
2.0

So many issues.

Gas mileage is poor. There is always another issue with it. The CVT transmission has a lot of weird quirks. Little room throughout the entire vehicle.

BEAUTIFUL VEHICLE

This 4 wheel drive vehicle is not only safe and reliable it is a gorgeous vehicle with so much interior room!

Everyone loves it

This car is the best I?ve ever owned. All of my friends and family love driving with me in it. Heated seats are great, size is perfect for me.

2.7

Feels sluggish and heavy

To be fair, I didn't go looking for a SUV. This 2011 Jeep Patriot kinda fell into my lap. The good things: Very comfortable front seats, decent interior design, decent cargo space. The bad things: Feels heavier than it is, horrible transmission, poor fuel economy, terrible visibility. Hoping to trade it in on a Subaru.

Great car for the price

I drove this car for 6 years. It was always reliable and fun to drive. I was sad to hear that this year is the last year of the Patriot.

4.5

nice family Jeep

Good vehicle for the price. Plenty of leg room for a smaller SUV. Good on gas and comfortable to drive

3.1

An OK vehicle for OK times

My 2011 Jeep Patriot is aiiight. It has four wheel drive which is nice in the snow. I've driven this thing through some really deep snow. My previous car was a Subaru wagon--and that was more confidence inspiring in winter conditions overall. I have about 90,000 on the Patriot now. Honestly, it hasn't needed a lot of maintainance in the five years I've owned it. But I don't think the clutch has much time left. Speaking of clutch...that's one gripe about this car. I dislike it, and I dislike the feel of the shifter. Five years of driving it, and every shift into 2nd gear has me gritting my teeth. I've missed more gears in this Jeep than a rookie trucker on meth (and this is the fourth manual transmission car I've owned in my life). It also could use a little more power. The happy zone for RPM is about 2600-2625 or so. Anything less and not a lot of power. Anything more and it sounds like the engine is going to explode. It's an ok car...it's not going to get you noticed or win any awards (or races).

Definitely the best car I've owned.

Would definitely rather have a Wrangler but who wouldn't. I absolutely love this vehicle otherwise and definitely recommend. I originally got it because I have a pup and the back is nice decent size for him.

4.4

Great SUV

My wife refuses to give up this car. It's that good. Ours has the Trail Rated off-road package known as Freedom Drive II, so it drives a lot differently than most Patriots. It drives like a Jeep.

I love my Jeep!

This is the first SUV I've owned, but have driven and been in many others and this one rides as smooth, if not smoother, than most others. Although it only has a 4 cylinder engine, it has quite a lot of pep and is really fun to drive. My only complaint is that the front seats are a little on the cheap side and aren't very plush. But that's not enough to make me not love this car!