2013 Kia Rio consumer reviews

$13,600–$14,700 MSRP range
side view of 2013 Rio Kia
Explore the 2013 Kia Rio
Shop the 2013 Kia Rio

I am so happy with my little Rio!!

I bought my 2013 Kia Rio LX sedan about 9 months ago, and I couldn't be happier. I live in Los Angeles and spend a lot of time in my car. I wanted wanted something stylish, reliable, and economical with enough pep to get up to highway speed quickly and my Kia Rio delivers on all counts. Plus it's a lot of fun to drive. I admit I was surprised at how well it sticks to the road

3.4

A decent car but has its problems

I purchased my car from a certified pre-owned Kia dealership in the beginning of 2016. This was my 2nd Kia Rio and was very excited to be getting into a gently used one that had very low miles. The lx does not come with cruise control AND a temperature gauge. Long story short my Rio blew a head gasket due to a faulty water pump, it wasn’t showing any signs of over heating and no lights came on. I have had done regular maintence at my local Kia dealer and no one has said a word. I did in fact replace the engine and also put in an after market gauge and thermostat in to ensure I can see if my car is ever over heating! Trust me, if you ever see your thermostat sensor “idiot light” come on the damage as already been done. The fact this isn’t a recall is absurd. I’m definitely not pleased with the vehicle but other then Kia cheating out on a temperature gauge it was a nice car, very spacious while also being appealing to the eye and being great on gas (372 miles highest fuel range I’ve ever seen in my dash). Don’t think by spending less on a car that you’ll be spending less in the long run. My next car will definitely not be a Kia.

1.4

The worst Car I have ever owned!!!!

Nothing but problem after problem. Took them a week to tell me my starter and battery went out at the same time???? Now airbag light will not go off. Not their problem. Was not under the Recall. Purchased brand new!!!Nothing good to say about kia😥😥😥😥the worst vehicle ever!!!!

Pretty good car

The KIA Rio is a nice little car. The car handles very well and it's a pretty affordable car. The interior is very nice and has a lot of room in the cab which can fit a few friends. The trunk is very spacious and as a musician who plays a large horn (Tuba), that's really good for a sedan. The engine is pretty small and easy to work on. Basic stereo with a CD player that's easy to navigate and has the controlls on wheel which is convenient. Has an Aux cable which you can plug in either a cable or an adapter and a USB which doesn't work with my phone so I have to use a USB car charger to charge my phone. My only complaint is that it sometimes accelerates slowly and it's most notable on hills. Overall very nice little car and it gets the job done for me. Highly recommend it.

Very reliable. Handles good.

It performs well lots of power when you need it ,good leg room. Comfort to drive.lots of good standard options for a lx .hatchback is a great option.

Very reliable car

Love this car would buy another without thinking twice. I will buy a new one as my next needed car.my wife's car will be a kia.

Great car from the start.

For the size and amazing mpg, you would think it would be cramped inside, but no! Lots of space with bucket-like seating. Personally have loved driving manual. Just a great experience all around.

Great car

The car is great, but it does take time to get used to the locks and doors being manual. Taking that extra time is not a big deal considering the price and value of the rest of the car.

sporty, fun to drive

Very reliable, never smoked in, clean, original owner, 6 speed manual transmission, well taken care of, all maintenance records can be seen, manual transmission makes it a great winter vehicle, new tires and brakes all around

I LOVE MY LITTLE RIO!

I had a 1994 Honda Prelude Si most of my adult life. Great, stylish car but age had gotten to it, and it was becoming a money pit. I wanted an economical, reliable car, but something with style, not a boring econobox. Living in Los Angeles, I spend a lot of time in my car. I did a lot of research, and the Kia Rio ticked all the boxes. I found a dealer on line offering a 2013 with 49000 miles for a reasonable price. I test drove it and bought it on the spot. Maybe not the smartest thing to do, but I have no regrets. It's absolutely everything I was looking for in a car, and it is just so cute!! Everybody thinks it's brand new, including my neighbor with a 2014 Kia Forte who was stunned that it's an older model than his. The style is just so appealing and it's way bigger on the inside than it looks from the outside. (Any Dr Who fans?) I hope I'm still this happy in a year, but so far, so good!