2018 Stinger

2018 Kia Stinger

Have You Driven the 2018 Kia Stinger?

The value for what you get is second to none.

by DQLarry from Saxonburg,PA on Thu Feb 08 2018

Owned KIA’s before and always were reliable, and very good value. When I’m saw KIA came out with their version of a European sports car, I was impressed with reviews and overall performance.

This is not a luxary brand....avoid Kia!

by Harrisonjk1 from Flagler Beach on Fri May 24 2019

It has now been a month with no resolution from City Kia of Orlando about my brand new Stinger GT2 with several manufactured defective parts. It has been 9 days since I contacted Kia USA complaint department about the dealer with no response from them either. It has been almost a month without my trade being paid off and now I am making two car payments. Daytona Kia finally got me in last week since City Kia would not return my calls or emails, and they said it could be up to one year before they could repair my leaking and rattling sunroof on my brand new 2018 Kia Singer GT2 because parts on are on back order.

My 2018 Kia Stinger Nearly Exploded

by Kinda Famous from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida on Wed Dec 12 2018

Less than 3 weeks into the leasing of my new blue Stinger...not the GT... it had a major loss of power while doing 80 MPH, white smoke coming out of exhaust pipes and terrible smell. I nearly crashed but managed to get it to the side of the road. It was towed to dealership after that. Subsequently it has been in the shop for over a week now ...3100 miles is all it has on it! The longer I wait for the repair the more upset I am becoming. I will look to have the car replaced. I LOVED it and think I got a factory defective vehicle.

Best Idea I Ever Had

by Jessicaaaaaaah from Hampstead, MD on Wed Jun 12 2019

I've wanted a Kia Stinger since they were released last year and I received a lot of confused looks when I say my dream car is a Kia. I purchased a 2018 GT AWD in limited edition sunset yellow. I was hesitant at first because of the recall on the yellow paint, but the recall was previously satisfied and it really looks beautiful. Kia really stepped up their game with this model, and I love every second of driving it. The drive is smooth, handling is responsive, and for the size of the twin turbo engine, it's pretty quiet. The exterior is unique and sleek, and really gets a lot of attention. There are many customizable options, from driving mode (eco, sport, smart etc.) to the color of the interior ambient lighting. If you're thinking about getting a Kia Stinger, go test drive it. You'll probably fall in love.

Kia Stinger is a budget BMW

by stingy from minneapolis, mn on Tue Jun 19 2018

The Kia Stinger 2.0T is a one-of-a-kind vehicle. No other car with a 4-cyl turbo has rear-wheel-drive, top-notch handling, slinky Panamera-like looks, and a hatchback, all for the price of a loaded Honda Accord or Toyota Camry. The car looks fantastic from the outside. It is long and low, and has plenty of presence. Inside, it is comfortable and luxurious enough for most people. The car drives exceptionally well. The 2.0T is more than enough power (255hp) for the car, but will not throw you back in the seat like the GT version, which has 365hp. The 2.0 liter engine makes more sense for daily driving and has a bit better fuel economy. The car is nimble and sure-footed. Choosing the right Stinger trim is difficult but a little self-reflection will help you decide: Base: It's a bargain. All of what you need for an enjoyable drive for around $30K Premium: Adds on sunroof, high end audio, navigation, LED headlights. Base GT: Best price/performance value, for under $40K GT1: All the performance, all the amenities GT2: Softer leather, limited slip differential, heads-up display, nicer seats The only complaints so far is a bit of a rattle from the trunk area and paint chips. My car is an early production model, so I expect they have fixed both problems by now.

Must buy car..Don't be a badge junkie

by Lawrence McKnight from Nashville on Sun Mar 04 2018

This car is amazing ..Stylish, Speed and Comfort for a great price ...In a league of it's own..At a fraction of what it's "compared" to

Hot Performance and Style

by McCoys Dad from Asheville on Sun Mar 04 2018

This car is as advertised, it shocked me with quality and technology. The performance was the deal maker, if you drive it you will want one.

Disappointing....

by Dan from the PNW from Tacoma Washington on Fri Jul 13 2018

Lets start with the good, its a great performer. No complains there. But the car feels old quick, rattles, squeaks, el cheapo leather, and a somewhat junky feel to the driving experience. It's like every single component is one step down from the German competition. Nothing feels high quality, not for this car's price tag anyway. What got me trading it off in 6 months was a twofold, the dealership and the car's gaudy styling (which I thought I'd warm up to but its purely subjective) The dealers are terrible, service is a pain as my store has ONE Stinger certified technician. You get treated no differently than the guy getting a $29,95 oil change on his Rio, sad to say we both get treated like garbage. So long Kia, nowhere near the vehicle quality/ownership experience needed to play with the luxury brands. Quite happy with my new Lexus thankyou.

Excellent Car

by Norm from Chatsworth CA on Fri Mar 23 2018

I have been driving since 1964. I have had 3 Corvettes,a Ford Gran Torino Sport and several American and European luxury sedans. I started driving Korean cars in 2009. I had the first Sonata when they came out with the new model. When the Stinger came out I knew I had to have one. It lives up to all of my expectations and then some.

Nice car

by Rmf from R.I. on Fri Oct 26 2018

Found the seats too hard after driving. No interior trunk release. Have to get out to open. Truck area rattles to much, because interior truck cover does not lock down when closed.