NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2016 IS 300

2016 Lexus IS 300

2016 Lexus IS 300

Have You Driven the 2016 Lexus IS 300?

Head turner...

by Atomic silver Rioja red from Wisconsin on Fri Mar 02 2018

Enjoying every single day of driving it, getting so many compliments.. no issues so far. F sport series is a little bumpy but i can live with it.

Sporty and fun, plus the build quality of Lexus

by Andrew TZ from Provo, UT on Mon Mar 11 2019

This car is a joy to drive, has all of the exciting new features you could ask for, and never seems to have any issues.

A fun daily driver that is very reliable

by ARentz07 from Kansas City, MO on Wed Nov 28 2018

I've had my IS 300 AWD F Sport for two years now, and it's been a blast to own. It's rare that I give someone a ride in the IS without their compliments. The interior looks stylish, with LFA-inspired layout, and the seats hug me in nicely. The car could use some more interior storage, but thankfully I wouldn't really need it since it's usually just me and sometimes my wife in the car. The car is tight, but I wouldn't call it cramped - even the back seats are okay if you're not over six feet. The trunk is even big enough for Costco shopping. Really where the IS shines is how it drives. It isn't overly sporty but always feels "ready". The suspension is firm, but it is just fine for me to commute to work every day. With the AWD system, snow is also a non-issue and is in fact, quite fun to drive in. The handling reveals that this car is heavy, but it has a lot more grip than you might think as well as an awesome engine sound. The only real downsides are the gas mileage, the infotainment controls, and the space on the inside. I have been averaging about 19 MPG over the life of the car, but on the other hand, I don't drive on the highway often. In addition, the Remote Touch controller is tough to use. I got used to it over time, but it can still be distracting from time to time. However, if you like to drive, you will appreciate this car. I certainly do, and recommend it if you want a trouble-free premium compact sedan.

Very stylish and dependable

by Joyce from Clayville, RI on Sat Apr 21 2018

We are very happy with this car. enjoying the comfort and the luxury of the car. We are impressed with comfort and ease of operating the navigation and all the gadgets.

Very reliable car

by Dave S from Lynnwood, Washington on Mon Nov 12 2018

This car has had zero issues so far, and has been very economical to operate. The navigation system could to better if it employed android auto.

I love to drive this car and love the style of it.

by Sandy B from West Haven on Sat Jun 01 2019

I love everything about this car. Comfort , style, performance, safety features and that it's all wheel drive. I love the color and the style of this car. I'm very happy with it so far.

Perfection

by Darkside from Boise, ID on Sat Oct 27 2018

F Sport is entirely different experience from the base and is well worth the money. There’s nothing I would change other than having the auto adjusting side mirrors in reverse that the base has.

Great car. Looks beautiful. Worth every penny

by Dave E from Baltimore, MD on Mon Feb 25 2019

Fast, sexy, fun. Not as luxurious as other models but it’s a sports car. It’s worth the trade off. The price was much lower than expected as well

Great Performing sports sedan.... but....

by Stick79 from Gresham, OR on Fri Jan 04 2019

I leased this car because I have wanted one of these since the original one came out. I was originally looking for one that was older, around 2011 year model, but Lexus had a lease deal that was too good to pass up. My first impressions were great, it was good looking, fast, and felt really solid. I received something in the mail to give a review, but I didn't feel like three months was acceptable time to review a car. I have had the car 3 years and I just returned it. I didn't buy it out right and ill explain that. It started with the dealership experience, when I was younger, I worked for a Toyota dealership that treated their customers fantastic and I expected an upper echelon Toyota dealer to be better at this but unfortunately not. Ill talk about price first. It was priced a little much for what you get, and the service that you need to do is expensive. Getting an oil change is about $150 which is required by the lease to be done by Lexus every 10000 miles but it is the same price for the inspection that happens on the 5000 mile increments. Having owned a Toyota previously, I had it serviced at Toyota and the oil change was a fraction of that. Quality of the car was excellent. The only issue I had was with the brakes. The squealed almost the whole time I had the car. It was loud. Embarrassingly loud. I had it tiered all the way up to Lexus Corporate but all they would do is provide new pads, I had to pay for all the labor. Needless to say they got back a squeaky car. This car wasn't the only IS that I heard with this problem. The awd system performed excellent, the few times I drove it in snowy conditions, it never felt like I was slipping or about to be out of control. The suspension was great, it rode nice and handled excellent. The manual mode in the gearbox felt allot better than I expected and I enjoyed playing with that quite a bit. I was quite pleased with the mechanics. I would say the only gripe I have is that when I needed to pass something or just speed up a little, quite often it would kick down too many gears and tear off like I floored it with just breathing on the throttle. Not a deal breaker but kinda weird. Now to the inside. The seats were excellent, even the rear had enough room for passengers to be comfortable. The front buckets hugged me nicely and the heated option worked great. The HVAC was decent, the touch panel for the temp was a little touchy but cool to show people how to adjust it. The cup holder and storage area is very lacking, the center console and glove box was too small and oddly shaped. I think the cup holder area is better than the previous models but the size provided wouldn't fit a camelbak bottle and neither would the spots in the doors. The infotainment system is lacking also. The radio controls were awkward but that was something I knew when I got it based on reviews of Lexus in general. I think they have fixed this recently and I got a loaner that was a year newer and there were small improvements to some of the tech in the car. One of the gripes I have regarding the tech is that the car came with remote start in the app that you get for the first year for free but after that it is very expensive compared to other car company apps. I also was not told how to remote start the car from the key fob even though it does but only while the app is active. The keyless entry was only touch on the two front doors while other Toyotas that were older have it on the rears. The only problem with this, is that if I wanted to unlock only the driver door, I would have that programmed to do so but if I had a passenger, I would have to unlock the doors from the inside. I had mine set to unlock all. Another cost that isn't known is that some of the options are customizable, but you cant change them from the menu and you have to have the dealer do it. The dealer offered this once for free but there was a charge every adjustment after. There are quite a few cars where you have more adjustability on your own. The seats fold and the trunk fits quite a bit. All in all this was a very nice car, I would probably buy a newer used one or the one I was initially looking for or even an original one. These are very sporty and on the small side. I needed a truck, but I wouldn't have purchased this particular one because of my disappointment dealing with the brake problem anyway. We were planning on purchasing it but after a while we decided not to.

Standout in a crowed field

by Trconcepts from Ephrata, PA on Sat Dec 29 2018

The styling is about the same across the IS models. I wasn't sure about giving up the 50 hp from the IS300 to the IS350. But I drove them back to back and it just did not feel like that much except at the top end. The fit and finish is wonderful. The interior noise is so minimal it is almost eerie. And the grip of the AWD system is amazing. It is a small car, but perfect for what we wanted.

1 2