2016 CX-5

2016 Mazda CX-5

Have You Driven the 2016 Mazda CX-5?

My mazda cx5

by bearmoon from alabama on Sun Jan 17 2016

This car has all the comfort you can ask for. The styling is great especially with the new style wheels. The interior is awesome and everything is convenient. The navigation package and what I call radar warning system is fantastic. The car is quite and fun to drive we just love it Do your self a favor before you buy a vehicle and check the cx5 loaded with all the options the one I have and compare the price with others this is a good buy compared to other brands and it is rated high with consumer reports. This is my 3rd Mazda and the best one I think I have purchased. It is easy for my wife to get in and out of. we are really happy with this SUV.

by bobg from West Palm Beach, FL on Fri Apr 03 2015

I got the Grand Touring and it's the best vehicle I've ever owned. just sold my 2013 BMW 318i to move into this vehicle....looked at the other smaller SUV's including Lexus and the to MBZ GLA,,,,in my opinion this auto is the best.

Great car that one shouldn't miss

by SuMo from on Wed May 18 2016

A great crossover small SUV with sophisticate equipment that makes it comparable to a high-end car. Fee solid and responsive.Freeway gas millage (31.5 mpg) on this AWD version is higher than the posted 30 mpg. Many very thoughtful designs plus car-like easy-to-drive performance in addition to its nice-looking appearance made me put it at 5 stars.

New to Mazda, happy so far

by Philhawk53 from Niagara Falls Ontario on Sun Dec 18 2016

I have the 2016 Mazda CX5-GT. I've never had a Mazda before, always Honda (one CRV that I loved and two Pilots, loaded, that I would also highly recommend) but I'm not a fan of the new CRV styling and can't afford another Pilot at present time so was looking for something stylish, that was all-wheel drive, that could carry two kids and two hockey bags in the back. I was also looking for the toys that I've become accustom to like Nav system, bluetooth, heated seats etc... I researched for months and drove a ton of vehicles from small pickups like the Frontier and Colorado to the Jeep Wranglers and Cherokees... I'm 6'2" and the CX-5 looked a little small to me but once I got in to it and drove it I realized there's a ton of room in the driver's seat and more than enough room for my kids and their hockey bags in the back. I've had it for three months and I can't complain about anything. Some reviews say that the infotainment system is confusing but I couldn't disagree more, it's very simple for anyone that has the capacity to handle a cell phone or computer, I would say that I actually like it better than Hondas.... If I had to make a couple small complaints it would be the lack of a power lift gate (which I really don't miss that much but for the money it could be there) and the lack of outlets for electronics in the back seats... It stinks that way... There are no outlets for the kids to charge ipads in.... But that's reaching really... I just make sure they're charged before road trips. I think the style of the vehicle is excellent but the interior styling is in my opinion Excellent... Gauges are very simple which I like and the engine is "Good enough"...I do a ton of highway driving and never have a problem passing people... I traded in a BMW 3 series for this so it's just an adjustment ...Overall I would recommend so far.... I'm hoping to keep it for a long time so I can write about dependability later

So happy

by mazdafan from on Tue Nov 01 2016

I absolutely love my new CX-5 Touring. I'm glad I went with the fancier model. I love features of navigation, backup camera, heated seats, power seating, pandora option, the quality of calling from my car is fantastic. I love the keyless entry and you can set the car to lock when you walk away. I also forgot and left my lights on and it automatically turns the lights off for you. The blind spot monitor is also handy. The only negative I have found is there isn't an interior latch to unlock and open the trunk which is odd and a bit annoying. Other than that I LOVE my new car. I like my husband's huyndai Tuscon but I get car sick in it. I'm short so I can't see over the hood much. In my mazda cx-5 I can adjust the power seat perfectly and even though it is a bigger car than what I am used to I feel like it fits me perfectly.

Mazda The Third Time Around

by Mazda Granny from Arlington Texas on Thu Aug 06 2015

I previously owned a 2005 Mazda Tribute and a 2011 Mazda Tribute....loved both of them! As I see retirement on the near horizon, I wanted a more "senior friendly" car. With the Tribute, I had to hike my leg up to get into the car and there was no overhead hand rail to grab on to. So some days, it took more than a notion to get in the car. However, with the 2016 CX5, the transition to get into the car is just a simple slide in (plus there is a friendly overhead hand rail for that extra lift).

Oh Ya

by Monymashane from Richmond Hill on Sun Dec 04 2016

The interior is like a comfy, midsize, trailer though back seat heaters would be good . It looks really, really sporty and it is! The 2016 IIHS test it is the safest SUV in the world. OMG! It has good all- wheel drive and awesome handling . Finally it's great for going on long trips.

A CUV that might not bore you to sleep

by Schillad from Woodland wa on Tue Jun 27 2017

After 30,000 miles I can say I'm happy I chose the cx-5 out of the crowd of compact CUVs out there. It has been 100% dependable, having only minor issues with the infotainment system when it needed a software update. I am currently averaging 26 mpg overall, which is pretty amazing for an all-wheel drive vechile that does an awful lot of driving in the mountains. The exterior looks sporty and though it's certainly not the fastest vehicle on the road(my 2016 has the sport mode on the transmission which does make a difference to help alleviate the issue) it's a lot more fun to drive thanks to the engaging and sharp handling than the rest of the boring vanilla crossovers on the road. The interior could use a could minor tweaks that could greatly improve functionality and the overall experience(at least for my lifestyle) 1) tie-downs in the cargo area. 2) get rid of the carpet in the cargo area. What's the point? It just makes things difficult to clean. 3) Allow the rear glass to open separately from the hatch. No new cars have this feature and I don't understand why. It's probably the single most useful feature my Toyota Matrix had. I could fit things 10-12 ft long in that tiny car thanks to the opening glass. It would be a complete game changer for this car during trips to Lowes for remodeling supplies. Overall this car is fun, loaded with safety features, efficient, and fairly functional. All while still remaining relatively inexpensive when compared to similarly equipped competitors. If you're going to buy a CUV, do yourself a favor and don't count out this Mazda without rest driving it first.

Love it, but

by Little ole' lady from Lone Jack, MO on Mon Aug 15 2016

I was a Honda woman (last five cars), but traded it in for my first Mazda! Love the sport-looking exterior, the interior colors and the driver seat that allows me (very short) to see over the hood. The only complaint I have is it not having XM in my Touring even though the radio menu shows XM. Apparently to continue my Sirius subscription is to buy an aftermarket radio - bummer! Glad it has a CD player so I play 50-60's cds! After checking out the 2016 CRV, didn't like the interior panel - too complicated for this little ole' lady and couldn't see over the hood. No regrets for choosing the Mazda CX-5 Touring (except no XM)!

good reliable car

by blue driver from toledo , ohio on Sat Sep 05 2015

this car performs well. Its great on gas.This car is great maneuvering in and out of traffic . The color I choose was great ,beautiful and my favorite .

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 30