2017 Mazda CX-5 consumer reviews

side view of 2017 CX-5 Mazda
Explore the 2017 Mazda CX-5
Shop the 2017 Mazda CX-5

Test Drove and now I'm saving

I loved this vehicle. It drives like a SUV without being bulky like one. I test drove it multiple times and now I'm saving to buy one for myself!

4.4

best in class!?

Beautiful interior,spirited ride and performance.fun to drive,nice safety features,comfortable,interior looks of a much more expensive vhe.decent infotainment system.performs much better then most cars in its class.

Best vehicle I've owned to date

This is the best car I've ever owned but it's not without flaws as all cars are. I'll list my pros and cons to give a short review of what I like and don't like about my 2017 CX5 GT AWD. Pro: Best looking CUV for the price range, you won't start seeing nicer looking cars until you start getting into the $50k+ CUVs Easily the best handling and driving experience in the class Very quiet. Mazda spent a lot of engineering and materials to reduce sound. Coming from a 2016 CX5, this was very noticeable. It's much quieter inside now and also has a smoother ride despite the fact that I went from a 16 touring with 17'' wheels to a GT with 19''. In fact, you won't find a quieter CUV until you start getting into the luxury market. It hands down beats vehicles in the same class and price point in this regard. The transmission is better than some $50+k cars I've driven The interior looks like it belongs in an entry level luxury SUV. Compare the interior to a CRV or Rav4 and they look cheap on the inside by comparison Center control knob is incredible simple to use for navigating through the menus. It's so easily translatable that you don't need to take your eyes off the road and can still get to where you need to go just by knowing the system. Has a reliable engine despite it not being turbo Handles really well in the snow Easy to service. A safe car to finance given there's nothing majorly complicated about the way this car is constructed. Cons: No Android Auto / Apple Car Play although Mazda says it's coming at the end of 2018 and can be retrofit into most models No Dead pedal cover. Come on Mazda! It costs like a dollar for you to put one of these in here. No turbo. This car would be incredible with a Turbo! No paddle shifters. Seeing as this is a sporty CUV, the lack of paddle shifters is odd. Smaller cargo space than the competitors. If you're someone who really needs to maximize every inch of space, the CX5 isn't for you. It can definitely hold a lot--more than I'll ever need, but just in case you're that person who needs to haul a ton of stuff around you might want something with a bigger cargo area like the CRV. Bottom line: I would recommend this CUV over any other CUV for the price on the market. It could benefit from a turbo engine but it still gets the job done in everyday driving. Mazda doesn't have a lot of leeway to mess things up so they have to be as perfect as they can with each of their cars. The CX5 is especially important to them as it's their best selling car. Mazda needs the CX5 to do well or Mazda as a company won't do well. The best way to decide on what you want is to take them for a test drive. Given the amount of CUVs out there, you probably won't even have time to drive them all! But put the CX5 at one of the top to look at, I guarantee it won't be a waste of your time unless dealbreakers like the smaller cargo space and lack of AA/Apple car play are enough to have you not consider it.

Best performance, value friendly car I've ever pur

This vehicle is sporty, economical on gas and has all the bells and whistles. Never been happier with a vehicle. Would definitely recommend this make and model to everyone.

3.0

Too Small

I have been driving a CX7 for 3 years and decided to get a later model. I drove the CX5 thinking it would fill the bill, but was disappointed. Too small compared to the CX7. I think Mazda should have stayed with the CX7 size, although I guess the CX9 is suppose to do that? I didn't buy the CX5.

Smart Safe Affordable and Effective

The Grand Touring model of the CX-5 is nothing short of impressive. I feel like I'm driving in a luxurious comfortable modern leather-lined cockpit every time I get in my car. All of the luxury and the safety features work effectively and efficiently and nothing feels out of place; you can tell the vehicle designers paid close attention and gave deep consideration to all of the details of this car. The vehicle has solid handling and steering, good shock absorption on bumpy roads, responsive acceleration in sport mode, decent braking, and it overall caters to the safety and comfort of the driver. This car does everything a sportier modern-feeling SUV should, and it does it very well.

Ecstatic with the purchase

We test drove all of the crossover SUVs in this category and are so happy we went with the CX-5. There is really not much we?d change about it at all. We get compliments on the looks all the time and it feels just as nice inside. I was rear ended and the car held up perfectly too. Would buy this again in a heartbeat.

new car

right size for the price--has all I need in a vehicle. It's fun to drive and gets good gas mileage. Impressed with the styling and features.

2017 CX-5 Grand Select

It is fully loaded with all new options... absolutely phenomenal!! Highly recommended for small families! Great on fuel economy, sporty looking, and incredibly comfortable in EVERY way!!

Most comfortable car I've owned

I love this car! It's so comfortable and quiet, great giddy-up and easy to maneuver. It is the second CX-5 I've owned and could not imagine owning anything else. It's great for commuting, road trips, off roading and snowy weather.