2017 Mazda CX-5 consumer reviews

side view of 2017 CX-5 Mazda
Explore the 2017 Mazda CX-5
Shop the 2017 Mazda CX-5

Beautiful car

So far I am loving my 2017 pearl white CX-5! It?s so beautiful inside and out. I love the look of the console and dash, it is very expensive looking. Love the infotainment screen and system as well. I bought the Touring so I got the blind spot sensors which I love for safety, also heated seats that get so nice and hot. I really like the unique look of the leather and suede combo seats too. The ride is so smooth and quiet, and that engine has power! The only thing I wish is that it had automatic headlights, being a Touring trim. Other than that, this car is perfect in my opinion!

Best Value Crossover SUV for 2017

Mazda nailed it with the CX-5 Grand Touring model in terms of style, performance and comfort. When compared to the other crossovers in the 30k price range that came out last year, Mazda outperformed it's competitors in most catagories

Certainly a "driver's" car

It's important to compare this car to the primary competition--the CRV, the RAV4, and the most popular (in the US anyway) Rogue. Objectively, the Rogue's best feature is the value you get. The CRV provides amazing utility (hard to speak about the reliability w/ its new engine since it's already having issues and was recalled in China) The RAV4 will give you unprecedented reliability at the cost of driving a very bland car and costing more money on the top trim levels when compared to the CX5. Same goes for the CRV. When looking at the cars from an aesthetics standpoint, it's undeniable that the CX5 is the best looking car. The slim full LED headlights, the aggressive grill, and the matching LED taillights (with the GT model) really set this car apart from the others in terms of the way it looks. On the interior, Mazda really put a lot of work into making the interior feel premium, all the way down to the contrast stitching, a lot of it being real, and the best part is it extends to the back seats as well which you typically only see in luxury cars. The adaptive cruise control and lane assist give the option for some good semi-automatic driving, feeling nearly automatic on the highway and the HUD (inc. w/ GT premium package) is a game changer. It IS missing Android/Apple carplay but Mazda says this can be retrofitted with a software update (some older models might require a small hardware chip). This is a huge misstep in my opinion. Toyota also drops the ball on this as well. Ultimately it comes down to this. Do you want something that looks great, is comfortable and fun to drive, has some nice tech in it, and has a reliable engine? Go with Mazda Don't care about looks or necessarily how well the car handles (the CRV is still a nice handling car--just not AS good as the CX5) and you just care about UTILITY (you are buying a utility vehicle) then the CRV is a no brainer as you get the most cargo space out of any in the class and the best MPG. The CVT transmission is also less expensive to make so some of those savings get passed on to you (despite that the CRV is still more expensive at the top trims). My concern is the untested engine which is having issues with oil mixing with gas and cold weather issues requiring the car to be towed to fix. Can't go wrong with the RAV 4 either. It's a lot more similar to the CRV than the CX5 but you get the same thing--a very reliable car, a trusted engine, a trusted vehicle, but is very bland looking both on the exterior and interior. Also does not have Apple Carplay or Android Auto but I imagine Toyota will cave in eventually. Both Mazda and Toyota are trying to create their own version of this instead of giving us the third party applications people are demanding. I have a 2017 CX5 GT and this is the best car I've ever owned in my entire life.

Great buy

The car seems great very well put together inside and out. It is fun to drive, it handles like a car, but it could use a little more power. Overall great vehicle.

outstanding value

I was looking for a mid-sized SUV to replace a similar vehicle and the CX-5 fits my needs and budget. Am enjoying this vehicle. Very nice styling and very functional.

A great car, love it

I had no issue with the car so far. It drives well, handles well and is fun to drive. Everyday commute is my main use. Perfect car for small family use.

Functionality with a personality

This crossover vehicle offered all the features I wanted with nice styling and above average performance. The zoom-zoom factor is alive and well in this model. It handles like a sporty sedan and performs at a level above what the horsepower should deliver. The interior is very nicely appointed and is truly ?near luxury? quality. I could have spent more money and not necessarily gotten a better crossover.

A car of comfort and great body style.

This car not only has a great body design. The interior is well styled and easy to figure out and manage. The gauges and dash are well designed, easy to read in sunny days as well as in night driving. The drive train and engine are well engineered and balanced. The comfort of the cabin fits well, plenty of front leg room and the cargo space is plentiful.

Great car for your money

This is my fourth Mazda, the first two were great but the last two were greater. The CX-5 fit my family needs. Its economical and a great car to drive.

I absolutely love my new Mazda CX-5!

I love this car. I has a great look on the outside, wonderful interior, easy to use dash controls, stereo sounds great, voice control works pretty well, plenty of leg room in the front & back. Love the pick up, the gas mileage & amount I pay for gas is great. Good for couples, families or a single person. Plenty of trunk space for a small SUV. I love the auto lift gate as well. Great heated seats as well.