2017 Mazda CX-5 consumer reviews

$24,045–$25,345 MSRP range
side view of 2017 CX-5 Mazda
Explore the 2017 Mazda CX-5
Shop the 2017 Mazda CX-5

Sleek, reliable and great for a family!

I?ve always been a truck guy but decided to go the suv route which was a bad call on my part. This suv on the other hand, is a bad machine. As far as reliability and style is concerned, this can?t be beat. Mix that with a unbeatable price and you could find your dream suv! I hate to let it go but I have already bought another truck and need this gone!

Mazda CX-5 best in clas

Really like the Mazda. Options you get are great value for the money. Went with Touring and the Preferred package, which gets you Bose radio, power moon roof and power lift gate. These are options we use. Sales people agree this is the sweet spot getting best features without added cost of Grand Touring. Although Grand Touring is beautiful if you can spare a few more G's. In April fantastic deals on end of last year's 2017 model.

Quietest, most comfortable car I've ever owned

II replaced a Honda Accord which became difficult to enter and exit and the 2018's are even lower. The Mazda CX-5 is a delight to drive but a word of advice. The electronics, and there are many wonderful features, are not user friendly. It took nearly three weeks to become comfortable using them. However once mastered it's become automatic (almost).

most features for value

This car met my buying needs, and continues to exceed my expectations for this class of vehicle. The drive is engaging and the features are helpful for both safety and fun.

Very fun to drive!

Plenty of leg, head, and cargo room. Fun to - very manueverablte drive. Very stylish yet affordable. Excellent safety features. Would recommend to anyone- whatever lifestyle.

I look for an excuse to go for a drive now!

Love my new Mazda SUV, so fun to drive. Super quiet, easy to see out of all windows, lots of great features. I feel very safe in this vehicle. Back up camera and navigation is just the best!

Best Family Car Purchase

I did 2 months of research on all different kinds of Crossover vehicles. From the Honda CRV- to the Hyundai Tuscon. We test drove 4 different vehicles: The Honda CRV, Toyota RAV-4, Hyundai Tuscon, and the Mazda CX-5. We tested the CX-5 last. It has everything from sporty to luxury you could want! Very nice leather interior that gives you a feel of a higher end vehicle. It has a sport mode that allows you to accelerate like a 6cylinder, but you are still getting the benefits of the 4 cylinder with mileage. Technologically up to date with the navigation system, back up camera system, and many other amazing features. We upgraded our package to have a sunroof, bose surround sound, and navigation. It was definitely worth it. My biggest concern was the back seat would not have enough room with 2 full sized adults in the front. We had two sales reps sit in the front while my wife and I sat in back, and we fit perfectly! We love this car, and will be a Mazda family for years to come!

Absolutely love it!

After spending $16000 in repairs on my GMC Acadia, I decided it was finally time to look at the proven reliability of the Japanese cars. I test drove the 2017 Toyota Rav4, the 2017 Honda CRV and the 2017 Mazda CX-5. The RAV4 did nothing for me, the Honda CRV was a close contender with the extra cargo space and engine performance, but the Mazda CX-5 GT AWD in Soul Red Crystal was the clear winner. It's the best looking SUV inside and out. The Interior just blows the others away. I also discovered after, that with the 40-20-40 rear split seats, I could throw skis, poles down the center and still get 4 people into this SUV, can't do that with the 60-40 split rear seats. My only slight con is that I thought with the GT model, the Serius Satellite radio would have come with the infotainment system, you need to fork out another $1400 for the technology package, this should already be included. Other than that, I'm so happy with this SUV!

Love this car!

This is such a fun car to drive. It handles like a sports car, but with plenty of room. Everyone at Mazda Bedford was fantastic to deal with. Great experience!

Still learning to use all the bells and whistles!

We just got it 2 days ago so this review is maybe a little premature, but we are thrilled with the comfort, quiet, and smooth ride of our CX-5! We have been Honda people forever, and our old CR-V was a great car until the torque converter went out right around 100K miles, forcing us into a very expensive repair on an aging car or a new car purchase. We vowed to give the competition our business this time. No regrets!!