2010 Nissan Murano

Sporty, Reliable, Efficient and GREAT on gas.

by from El Paso, TX on August 2, 2017

I have owned my 2010 Nissan Murano SL for over two years now. Besides wanting a truck, I would not trade this for anything else. It has been across the country a few times and has done it very well. Gas Mileage is great, in my opinion. I can get about 375 miles on an 18 gallon tank. Considering mine is a 3.5L V-6, that' is not bad at all. It currently has just under 78K miles and is still in great condition. The only things missing from mine are the navigation, AWD, and the latest generation of Bluetooth connectivity for listening to music. It has Bluetooth connectivity ONLY for the phone and the controls are on the steering wheel. A feature I did not know it had was the power seats in the back. The rear seats fold down almost flat to utilize the rear cabin. Once you are done, there are TWO places where you can raise the rear seats automatically. One is by the driver door next to the steering column. Simply push down on the two buttons and each half of the rear seat comes up and locks in place. The other area where the power buttons are is in the rear cabin on each side of the tailgate. There, you will see a latch AND the button (sideways). Pull on the latch and rear seat-backs go down. Activate the button and the seat-backs come up. LOVE that feature. I love the leather seats and the front heated seats for those cool winter and late fall nights. One of my favorite features is the DOUBLE POWER SUNROOF. It is darkly tinted glass and allows both the front and rear passengers a view of the sky. One item that needs to be mentioned: TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System). I bought my Murano with the tires already having been filled with NITROGEN. I live in the desert and nitrogen does not like heat very well. Since it is thicker than air, I believe it is better suited for colder climates. That being said, the TPMS warning light stays on for all of my drives. On occasion it will blink but will stay solid on after a while. I believe that will be rectified when I change out the nitrogen to regular compressed air. In this case, I merely check the tire pressure myself every week or so, just to be safe. Up to this point, I have NEVER had an issue with the TPMS light staying on. Overall, I have had a very good experience with my vehicle. My better half loves it, especially the heated seats in the cold months. Up to now, i have not had ANY mechanical issues and I change the oil about every 5000 miles. I used a synthetic blend in the winter and full synthetic in the summer. I hope people who read this review get some good information and make a sound choice. I would DEFINITELY recommend this vehicle to others.

Murano is great! Great features, great price.

by on July 9, 2017

Had a Touareg before. Specs for space are super comparable. All the features and space of a much more expensive car.

Like driving a leather couch!!!

by from Malta,NY on June 20, 2017

Most comfortable car ever and very powerful engine great for long highway trips/ newer models get better gas mileage too. LOVE this car on par with high end luxury cars without added price!!!

Very comfortable ride.

by from Greenwood sc on May 1, 2017

Dependable , comfortable ride. David at Maxwellton Motors was awesome!!! It was just the car we were looking for . We looked elsewhere but could not find a better deal. We love our purchase.

Concerned

by from Wisconsin on December 5, 2014

Purchased a 2010 Murano a year ago with only 20,000 miles on it. Have been pleased with the vehicle until I started noticing the radio dial was malfunctioning. It would be slow to respond or go backwards...started using steering wheel controls. Now, have noticed the heat/cooling controls are not responding. Took the car in and was told it would be $6,120 to repair....YES...SIX THOUSAND DOLLARS TO REPAIR. ARE YOU KIDDING ME????? Curious if anyone else out there has experienced the same problem and if there is any other solution?

Great SUV comfort and value

by from Houston, TX on July 29, 2013

I love my almost new 2010 Murano SL. It has all the comforts like leather interior, moonroof, keyless entry and start, back up camera and auto fold seats. It also has power and is a smooth ride. It is my perfect Mommy mobile. I traded in my sports car for this SUV, so I wanted something with power, and the Murano delivers!

So far a great ride!!!

by from New Jersey on January 6, 2013

This is my 2nd Murano. I first owned a 2007 S Murano which I loved. I bought THAT car as a pre owned vehicle and besides having to change the battery, I had absolutely no problems with the vehicle! It was fun to drive and I was heartbroken when I lost it in the recent Sandy flood! Well, maybe it was a blessing in disguise because I have now upgraded to a 2010 Murano, and it is ver stylish, has many qualities of many luxury SUV's for 1/2 the price! It's a 2010, with 38,000 miles on it! Drives pretty good, but not as good as my 2007. Also has a push button start which I always get a kick out of! Great sound from the stereo, and to top it off, it has bluetooth for hands free talking. So far so good!

Traded in an '04

by from Palatine, IL on September 2, 2012

I traded in an '04 silver Murano...cloth interior and little more, but did LOVE it. Traded it in for a black, fully loaded Murano this summer...leather, navi, dual moonroof...the works and will never, EVER regret the increase in payment. If you are thinking of buying one...do it! Worth every penny!

Love this SUV

by from Knightdale, NC on February 27, 2012

By far the best vehicle I've ever own. Unfortunately my Murano had been totaled recently however we walked away with no major inquires. The vehicle was built very well and was designed to take the impact in increments which it did a great job.

Nice SUV

by from Lincoln, NE on December 19, 2011

Looked at them all and settled on the Murano for size, comfort and price. Car has plenty of get up and nice options, the back seat is a bit uncomfortable for long trips, but like it so far. The transmission is smooth in slow or fast off the line and looks nice at all times.

Our Expert Review: 2010 Nissan Murano