2010 Murano

2010 Nissan Murano

2010 Nissan Murano

Have You Driven the 2010 Nissan Murano?

Impressive Showing from Nissan

by Florida Retiree from Florida on Thu Oct 21 2010

Bought this car as a demo, so it was already broken in. Silver over black leather, LE trim. I'll get right to the "bad" parts. The dark interior makes the inside a black hole in some lighting situations and forces you to dust incessantly. Rear quarter visibility is compromised by styling. The radio display screen gets washed out easily in sunlight. The sunroof needs an exterior deflector because it is noisy when open over 40MPH. I keep bumping the headrest and moving it up when I get in because it tilts far forward. here is no light or click when engaging the cruise control. "Bad" is in quotations because I'm sure things that I mention won't bug everyone. Besides the above mentioned quibbles, the car has performed to my expectations. It rides just as comfortably as my old Cadillac Deville (however my wife says the seats are a little harder). It has features that we are just getting used to: memory seats, power liftgate, keyless entry/push button start, back-up camera. We both love these features. Ride height is about that of minivans, however sitting in the seats is a bit of a stretch, but not unmanageable. We also love the power return folding seats, that got a work-out after helping out our sun with a couple trips to Ikea. The ride with 20in wheels is fine. Acceleration is brisk, but not breathtaking. The noise from the engine isn't something that will get your heart racing, but it quiets down quickly, even at highway speeds. Scrubbing bugs off the windshield has proven difficult because of the height and size of the glass. Gas mileage is ok. I'm accustomed to getting high 20's on the highway, but this struggles to get 25. It also suggests mid- and high-grade fuel. I'm not going to chance long-term engine damage with regular. No mechanical faults to report and nothing has broken warranting a trip back to the dealer (a far cry from the Cadillac). Overall, I'm happy with my purchase. A few things keep it from garnering absolute praise, but not enough for me to seriously demerit the vehicle. 10000 mi, 6 mo. ownership.

Traded in an '04

by Buy One! from Palatine, IL on Sun Sep 02 2012

I traded in an '04 silver Murano...cloth interior and little more, but did LOVE it. Traded it in for a black, fully loaded Murano this summer...leather, navi, dual moonroof...the works and will never, EVER regret the increase in payment. If you are thinking of buying one...do it! Worth every penny!

Love this SUV

by JesseJames31 from Knightdale, NC on Mon Feb 27 2012

By far the best vehicle I've ever own. Unfortunately my Murano had been totaled recently however we walked away with no major inquires. The vehicle was built very well and was designed to take the impact in increments which it did a great job.

Great Vehicle

by smokeboy from Waterloo, ON on Mon Mar 01 2010

This is our 2nd Murano, and we like this one even more than the last one. We have an SL AWD and are very pleased. It has a quiet refined ride, loads of room, and handles beautifully. Love the push button start, trip computer, rear camera and the overall comfort. Nissan has improved the interior and it feels like a much more expensive vehicle. Gas mileage is good. I would recommend the Murano to anyone looking at a crossover or mid size SUV.

So far a great ride!!!

by Murano Fan!! from New Jersey on Sun Jan 06 2013

This is my 2nd Murano. I first owned a 2007 S Murano which I loved. I bought THAT car as a pre owned vehicle and besides having to change the battery, I had absolutely no problems with the vehicle! It was fun to drive and I was heartbroken when I lost it in the recent Sandy flood! Well, maybe it was a blessing in disguise because I have now upgraded to a 2010 Murano, and it is ver stylish, has many qualities of many luxury SUV's for 1/2 the price! It's a 2010, with 38,000 miles on it! Drives pretty good, but not as good as my 2007. Also has a push button start which I always get a kick out of! Great sound from the stereo, and to top it off, it has bluetooth for hands free talking. So far so good!

Nice SUV

by MuranoMan from Lincoln, NE on Mon Dec 19 2011

Looked at them all and settled on the Murano for size, comfort and price. Car has plenty of get up and nice options, the back seat is a bit uncomfortable for long trips, but like it so far. The transmission is smooth in slow or fast off the line and looks nice at all times.

Sporty, Reliable, Efficient and GREAT on gas.

by evgersar from El Paso, TX on Wed Aug 02 2017

I have owned my 2010 Nissan Murano SL for over two years now. Besides wanting a truck, I would not trade this for anything else. It has been across the country a few times and has done it very well. Gas Mileage is great, in my opinion. I can get about 375 miles on an 18 gallon tank. Considering mine is a 3.5L V-6, that' is not bad at all. It currently has just under 78K miles and is still in great condition. The only things missing from mine are the navigation, AWD, and the latest generation of Bluetooth connectivity for listening to music. It has Bluetooth connectivity ONLY for the phone and the controls are on the steering wheel. A feature I did not know it had was the power seats in the back. The rear seats fold down almost flat to utilize the rear cabin. Once you are done, there are TWO places where you can raise the rear seats automatically. One is by the driver door next to the steering column. Simply push down on the two buttons and each half of the rear seat comes up and locks in place. The other area where the power buttons are is in the rear cabin on each side of the tailgate. There, you will see a latch AND the button (sideways). Pull on the latch and rear seat-backs go down. Activate the button and the seat-backs come up. LOVE that feature. I love the leather seats and the front heated seats for those cool winter and late fall nights. One of my favorite features is the DOUBLE POWER SUNROOF. It is darkly tinted glass and allows both the front and rear passengers a view of the sky. One item that needs to be mentioned: TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System). I bought my Murano with the tires already having been filled with NITROGEN. I live in the desert and nitrogen does not like heat very well. Since it is thicker than air, I believe it is better suited for colder climates. That being said, the TPMS warning light stays on for all of my drives. On occasion it will blink but will stay solid on after a while. I believe that will be rectified when I change out the nitrogen to regular compressed air. In this case, I merely check the tire pressure myself every week or so, just to be safe. Up to this point, I have NEVER had an issue with the TPMS light staying on. Overall, I have had a very good experience with my vehicle. My better half loves it, especially the heated seats in the cold months. Up to now, i have not had ANY mechanical issues and I change the oil about every 5000 miles. I used a synthetic blend in the winter and full synthetic in the summer. I hope people who read this review get some good information and make a sound choice. I would DEFINITELY recommend this vehicle to others.

Murano SL/Premium/Leather/Moonfoof

by Picky Buyer from Texas on Sun Mar 07 2010

Great car so far. Purchased a Black on Black with dealer incentives. We have owned it for 3 weeks. Extensively researched competitors in this SUV class and even looked at Tahoe/Yukon option. The Murano fit our SUV requirement with the ride and handling of a sports sedan. Only draw back is I would recommend adding the technology package and possibly AWD for added safety. Owned a previous Infiniti and were very pleased with Nissan products.

Great Car

by Walter from Longview,TX on Wed Aug 31 2011

This was my first SUV and it is a great car for the money, I had a wreck but the car held up great the car was a total loss but i am alive

Our 2010 Murano LE

by 2010 Murano LE Owner from Massacahusetts on Tue Oct 05 2010

We purchased a 2010 Nissan Murano LE a little over a month ago. Purchased the Murano over the Tribeca and Highlander because of styling and amenities. The LE comes with all the bells and whistles , looks good and is a treat to drive. The interior is appointed very nicely and the 2 person programable drivers seat is a definite plus. It's comfortable with plenty of room for 4, backup camera is nice to have, as is the Nav system. Did not notice the noise with the sun roof. Overall a great choice of a vehicle.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2010 Nissan Murano

Editor's note: This review was written in December 2007 about the 2009 Nissan Murano. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2010, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

After it hit the market in 2003, the Murano's sales grew every year through 2006. As dealers clear their lots of 2007 models, it appears that sales have held steady in 2007, too. The fact that sales grew as the Murano aged illustrates how it has ridden the crest of the car-based-SUV wave along with its main competitors, the Honda Pilot and Toyota Highlander. Though the Murano was completely redesigned for 2009, it remains a five-seater, where the Pilot has... Read More