2017 Nissan Pathfinder consumer reviews

$30,290–$31,980 MSRP range
side view of 2017 Pathfinder Nissan
Explore the 2017 Nissan Pathfinder
Shop the 2017 Nissan Pathfinder

This has been a great new (used) vehicle to purcha

This is an absolutely wonderful vehicle! It is just what I wanted to purchase and beyond what I had on my list of what I wanted.

2.9

Watch Out!

Thinking of buying a used 2017 Pathfinder? THINK AGAIN. After driving my Pathfinder (WHICH I LOVED) cross country twice, I brought it in for routine maintenance at 22k miles. They told me I needed a transmission rebuild. At 22k miles. That's where this all started. Now after not even 3 years, I need to trade in this heaping pile of garbage. I have brought my car in at least a half dozen times to be repaired with the transmission issues. I've attempted help from 2 dealerships, manufacturer, my loan holder, and my insurance company. To no avail. It's super frustrating to own a car with 42k miles on it that runs like an 89 Buick... I take that back. I bet there are 89 Buicks on the road that run better. Do not buy this car used. You'll be so disappointed. Your hard earned money leaving you in something that barely moves and with a manufacturer that couldn't care less.

4.1

A better car than expected.

This car gets the gas mileage of my 95 accord wagon but much larger nicer and powerful than the old car. I drove a Toyota highlander to compare and the highlanders 4 cylinder was sluggish and the seat had a seam that was in the worst spot possible for comfort. The only issue I have had was a failed window regulator and motor which was replaced in one day under warrantee. To me this car is an excellent large station wagon , but easier to drive and far more comfortable that my last large wagon (a buick). I get 23 mppg in SO cal LA commute on so cal regular which is a good number for such a large car.

Almost went for the Rouge, so glad I didn't

Best of both worlds, Truck, SUV, Van Just love the style, 7passenger seating big enough for 7 Adult people roomy, cools so quick, dual controls for temp comfort, fantastic dash, tech, etc to keep you very informed about tire pressure, MPG, OD/ there is nothing I don't like. Have a Bro with a BMW SUV, now has "Car Envy " Need I say more :)

Met all my needs plus

The SUV has good safety features and has a lot of room. The mpg is fairly good for a SUV. A very good looking SUV

Best crossover suv I ever owned

This car meets all my needs, it's very comfortable and perfect size for my family. I especially like the features like the entertainment system and automatic starter. The leg room is great and my kids love it.

Better than the Buick Enclave

Love it and perfect for my family of 6 - Get the Platinum if you buy the pathfinder it's worth every penny and you'll love the sound

Great deal, plenty of room for a family of 5

Great ride, 4WD, loaded with features, engine is powerful and transmission shifts smooth, came with heated mirrors, seats and steering Wheel. large cargo area with seat down and seats 7 with rear seat up

4.4

We are very satisfied with the car.

We immediately liked the car when we went to the dealership. After two years of driving it we have noted some issues that could be improved upon. Many of the controls (seat heating and cooling), steering wheel heating controls are difficult to see-is it on or off?? I realize that space is at a minimum for these controls but some upgrades could be made. We also love the head lights although we are frequently flashed by oncoming drivers because they must be too bright or too high. Curious if any other owners have experienced this issue. On a recent recall, the dealer loaned us an Altima and we found the headlights to be just the opposite--needed more light.

4.3

Comfortable SUV

The Pathfinder has a very smooth ride and very quiet. Ours is a Platinum, so it has all the bells and whistles. Lots of cargo room with the 3rd seat folded. The memory settings for two are a favorite feature. We each set the seat, steering wheel, and outside mirrors to suit us and it will automatically reset when we use our individual key fobs or the buttons inside. Only minor complaints are the tiny seat heater knobs. They are impossible to read in the daytime. And the button to change radio settings is too easy to hit by accident in normal driving. Other than those little things, the interior is very nice. Performance is adequate., it is a big vehicle. I do wish it had a regular transmission as the CTV seems to rod some power. Highway mileage is excellent returning 28+ MPG. In town has been in the low 20's. This is as good or a little better than the Murano we had previously. That car gave us over 10 tears of trouble-free service.