2017 Nissan Pathfinder consumer reviews

Explore the 2017 Nissan Pathfinder
Shop the 2017 Nissan Pathfinder
3.0

Never buy a Nissan again

I purchased my 2017 pathfinder new. I was promised a towing kit to be installed which never happened. That may be a dealership issue not a Nissan issue. However, back to the SUV itself. The rear view camera has had issues since I've had the car. It cuts in and out. The transmission is complete garbage. At 20,000 miles it's slipping in hills already, and won't shift into 6th gear on the highway without putting it into neutral and back into drive. At 36,000 miles the radiator fan is rubbing the shroud. It misfires when cold. I wasted $40,000 and never will buy a Nissan again.

Great SUV

The Pathfinder has all the creature comforts you need. Very comfortable....it?s a SUV. I?ve taken this vehicle on several long trips and been very comfortable. The V6 matched with the CVT provides plenty of power.

3.9

So far I'm ok with it

I have has this vehicle for about 2 months. Overall it seems like a sound, sturdy vehicle. The ride is ok, not as nice as my van was. I do very much enjoy the heated seats and steering wheel. The driver side seat adjustments are nice. I do find there are many blind spots. Yes, this vehicle does have backup, front view, and all around cameras. but while driving those things are of no use for blind spots. It does have the side mirror light indicator to alert you though, which is nice. I find the menu choices few and hard to use. Also, you can change the views on the main dashboard screen, but they don't stay on the one you choose. Every time I turn on the vehicle it goes back to the map screen. I will update if I come across anything major going forward.

Awesome road car!!

This car is great. Can seat 7 people. Can tow 5,000 lbs. very quiet cabin. Very comfortable seats. Have gone coast to coast in this car with zero problems.

The perfect fit for a travelling family of five!

The 2017 Nissan Pathfinder SL is the perfect fit for my family of five, who regularly has to hit the road for weekend tournaments throughout the Northeast. The leather seats are comfortable and easy to clean when the inevitable spill happens because we are so often eating on the run. The third-row seating with plenty of legroom is a must for the long drives with the whole crew and comes in handy when a friend or two joins us. The fold-flat seats are a life-saver when we are home and have weekend home projects to take care of. The four-wheel drive, airbags, and overall five star safety of the vehicle was a huge selling point to keep my family safe! The quiet ride and technology are a dream come true after my last vehicle. I love the quiet on my daily commute and my kids love the Bluetooth to blast their music. The CVT (Continuously variable transmission) took a little time to get used to, but provides a great smooth ride and gives the perfect balance of power and fuel economy. The unique thing about the vehicle that a friend told me about and I would never considered as a selling point, but should be plastered everywhere is the 360-degree camera when backing up. It takes a little getting used to, but is a huge help when backing up in tight spaces. I have gotten a couple of very surprised looks after parking in a spot that I "would never fit in." Overall, this vehicle is the perfect fit for my family of five with an active lifestyle and need for great flexibility, with an affordable price point and good fuel economy!

Great reliable car and very comfortable.

The car is very comfortable, rides very smooth. Transmission is so quiet, you can't even feel the shift points. The console is very user friendly, big screen for backing up, easy display for Bluetooth and radio. 5th row seating is great and seats fold down very easy for storage. Best car I've owned and has been a great car for my family's needs. Would recommend it to anyone.

Nissans are just amazing

So reliable. So comfortable. And so safe. I love nissans and this is my first pathfinder. Fits all my kids well and is great to drive. Very happy with my purchase

Just purchased but love so far!

Just the size suv we were looking for, and sporty too! Love the interior leather and the exterior sure catches the eye! (Cayenne red metal flake... Gorgeous!!!) Getting ready for a long vacation drive and can't wait to enjoy the ride!!

I love the comfort of the vehicle

I love it I wouldn?t go back to a car if I had a choice. It is very roomy, enough space for my four grandchildren and they ?

Good car so far

I traded in my 10yr old Murano on a preowned 2017 pathfinder. It's been good so far. It's a bigger vehicle than what I owned before, and gas mileage is slightly better, but my experience is that the gas mileage averages 18-21 mpg, compared to the 21/27 mph advertised for this vehicle.