2018 Nissan Rogue consumer reviews

side view of 2018 Rogue Nissan
Explore the 2018 Nissan Rogue
Shop the 2018 Nissan Rogue

Most comfortable

Most comfortable vehicle I’ve owned. Also great value for my money Apple car play & safety features are standard on this vehicle. Excellent MP. Perfect for long rides.

Very satisfied

Meets and exceeds my expectation in an economical roomy vehicle. This car was purchased as a first auto for our eighteen year old son. He is extremely pleased.

3.0

Nothing special

One of the reasons I bought the vehicle is the headroom. I'm tall and have a hard time finding a vehicle with enough headroom. Other than that , the vehicle is average. It looks like any other mid-sized SUV , nothing special.

First Nissan

The Rogue met all my requirements for a safe, reliable, sporty, efficient, comfortable vehicle. The dash layout with the upgrades, gps, cameras, etc. was more than I would have expected for the price.

First CRV, and it's great

It is a great car. We use it for road trips and it is extremely comfortable. This is also our first car with leather interior and we love it.

Bought CPO

Bought this car a week ago, and so far, so good. It was used with 46k miles but basically looks new. The interior is very comfortable and equipped well for the price. My only complaint is the CVT is sometimes slow to get up to speed, but is expected in this type of car in this segment.

3.3

concerned about CVT

It has a nice size, great gas mileage, but not heavy enough to provide a good ride for a long distance. the trunk divider is not well thought out

Lots of features, just a loud, weaker engine

We test drove a number of vehicles, and the Rogue was one of the ones on our list. We were looking specifically at a used SL, and liked everything about the vehicle, except one thing -- the engine. It was noticeably louder than others that we had driven, and didn't seem to have quite the same pep to it that a couple of the others did. The interior seemed very nice, almost like a luxury vehicle, but we couldn't get past the engine thing. However, if that's not something that concerns you, then these vehicles are very nice.

1.3

Waste of money make sure to get extended warranty

My car had its water pump go out around 9000 miles. First the water pump went out then sent antifreeze into my oil. That destroyed my motor and they replace it. Now its acting up again and the machinics say theres nothing wrong. Every where I drive the inside of my windshield fogs up even if air flow is off and it loses power at random times. I bought this car with 37 miles on it and to have to replace a motor with barely any mile. Makes my heart drop everytime I make a payment. I dont trust this car. I cant wait to pay it down enough to buy something else.

2.0

Annoying Car

With only 21,000 miles on it, the breaks are suddenly squeaking inside the the car when pressed. Nissan's response: "that's normal... 50% of Rogue breaks squeak like that." Since purchasing the car, there has been a faint humming/grinding noise that is noticeable when the car is idling. Nissan's response: "that's normal... it has to do with the power steering... most Rogues sound like that." Since purchasing the car, and almost always doing highway/freeway driving, the MPG has been on average around 24 (not the 32MPG that was advertised). Nissan's response: "that's normal... it'll break in and go up." Again, I'm now at 21,000 miles and it has not "broken in" and the MPG still hasn't gone up. The Rogue may be "the most popular small SUV on the market" or whatever Nissan claims, but I think that just means that a lot of people have been fooled into thinking they are good vehicles. They are not. They are annoying with these unique issues that I've never experienced with previously owned cars (Nissans and non-Nissans alike). If you want a smooth, quiet ride that gets good gas mileage for a small SUV... DO NOT buy a Rogue.