2013 Sentra

2013 Nissan Sentra

2013 Nissan Sentra

3.8

Have You Driven the 2013 Nissan Sentra?

2013 sentra

by Ilovemynissan from Littleton, Co on Mon Feb 25 2013

I just bought my 2013 sentra SV about a month ago. Its an incredible car. It's big. The amount of room you get in this car for 16000 dollars is amazing. It's not a fast car but i can pass people on the highway easily. I have gone 90 mph easily. The handling is great just like any other sentras and the gas mileage is great. This is the best car you can get for 16000 dollars in todays market from my opinion.

Dealer can't diagnose repeated battery failure

by Robert from Gainesville, VA on Sat Feb 22 2014

As noted in another review, my battery goes dead if the car sits in the garage for a few days. After the first 2 visits to the dealer, they said that their diagnostics determined that the battery was bad, and they gave me a new battery. About 3 months later, I returned from a 4 day business trip to find the battery dead. The dealer checked the car and found nothing wrong. Suspecting that the trunk light might have been on (which the service rep said would drain the battery), I removed it. About a week later the battery was dead again.

A practical choice

by CNU Captain from Warwick, NY on Sat Sep 09 2017

I bought my 2013 Sentra SV with the premium package in July 2016. It had 63k when I bought it and I'm up to 76k now. I am a college student and needed a car that was comfortable, got good gas mileage, and had enough space for everything my dorm room. The Sentra checked all of these boxes. It is a very comfortable car for road trips, and my 8 hour drive to school is not bad in any way. I'm averaging 35 mpg in mixed driving. But, this gas mileage comes at a cost of performance, as merging onto a highway can be a scary experience, even when your foot is to the floor. The CVT takes a while to get used to, and it's whining sound is always around. On the outside, the back 1/2 of the car looks great, but the front falls a bit flat. The inside is very high quality, however. The only thing that I would change is the audio system, which doesn't sound great at high volume when your windows are down. Overall, my Sentra is the perfect choice for a college student, and I'm hoping for it to last me until I'm out of grad school 4-5 years from now!

Elegant looking and practical

by Wallywitness from Los Angeles on Sat Sep 28 2013

I am so used the inexpensive line of cars as being aimed at the youth. They look like sporty, fun cars. I was looking for an inexpensive car that looked more grown-up and mature. These are my thoughts: PROS: 1. Elegant looking exterior and interior. 2. Extremely spacious interior. 3. Extremely fuel efficient. I am getting 33.2 mpg in the city.(I only use the car to take my kids to school and Golf). I am getting 43 mpg on the freeway. I drive on ECO mode only. It is as efficient as my Toyota Camry Hybrid. 4. Grown up looks. It does not look like I am borrowing my son's car.(Corolla and Civic in particular) 5. Very comfortable ride. 6. I love the AC control has more settings than the Camry. 7. Extremely large Trunk space. I can fit 3 golf bags and carts and have room to spare. CONS: 1. 1 second slower than the fastest car in the category in 0 to 60. Not a big deal though. If I wanted a race car, I would have bought the GTR. 2. I cannot raise the wiper to clean the windshield because it hits the hood. SUMMARY: To sum up my 2013 Nissan Sentra SV, it is more grown-up than the other cars in the category that are more into the sporty. They had me in mind when they built this car. I want elegance, interior room, storage capacity, extreme fuel efficiency and comfortable ride and drive. Perfect car for the family man or woman. I love my Sentra.

AC Issues

by Unhappy from Florida on Wed Sep 17 2014

They thought is was a leak in the AC, NO.. they changed out compressor.. NO now 1 week in shop still cannot find why air is still blowing HOT!!!

Great buy with a 2013 Sentra

by Happy in St Louis from St. Louis, MO on Fri May 30 2014

Great car for the money. Good acceleration and responsiveness while getting great mileage. Happy with purchase.

Fun and Furious

by Ice ski from boston ma on Thu Oct 31 2013

I looked at a Dart Limited as been wanted to buy that car for the longest it was too late to had made a call with the dealership as wanted but last chance BANG!!! It was purchased off the lot well tried looking at few more compact cars drove Civic EX-L it rode better from last model drove as a rental not long ago but the interior seemed awkward dashboard was too wide and materials seemed out of place so decided between a Sentra or Corolla as I'm not a toyota person anymore since 2010 doing the acceleration recalled looked at Nissan wasn't sure about that brand as i drove it Amazed how it performed so well for a small compact car not as comfortable for long drives but has everything loaded out. I love the high performance handling and it's quiet with a new interior design from exterior restyling got a bluetooth, navigation, upgraded interior space as got lots of room for my skateboards with folding down rear seating and passenger seat extra room. The ground effects are nice bought with SR package has heated seats, mirrors, rearview camera, sunroof, steering wheel ctrls, custom wheels and great tires as drove to Canada with snow conditions it was a safe car with more vehicle dynamic control as used on the icy roads w/out causing me to slide got 40 mpg and 27 on highway done lots of driving now at 869 miles it was a great ride had in the Sentra. Nissan rules after driving least 18,000 miles I'm hooked on this car and Nissan vehicles giving me a great overall powerful compact machine best handling and smooth fast ride will recommend the car now.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Good car but beware

by ccat1280 from Hemet, CA on Sun Jun 09 2019

While I loved the design of the car I bought it new in May 2013. I had to replace the battery 3 times. Brakes and brake cylinder replacement, and was told I needed a new Transmission at 79k miles even thou I had the Flush at the recommended 65k. Researched the problems and realized it was time to purchase a different auto with a different car company. The Nissan CVT Transmissions are a problem on most of their vehicles and until they change this I will never purchase a Nissan Vehicle again.

I Like it

by fan from on Sat May 17 2014

I just bought my 2013 Sentra SR a couple months ago its probably just because im 18 and I might not know a lot about cars but I actually like this car. It is comfortable and I like the exterior as well as the interior design. It does lag performance scince I had a 99 323i Bmw ( which was pretty fast). Its not fast as I thought it would be but other than that's its a pretty nice car.

Not Reliable

by Monica from CT on Tue Apr 10 2018

I do not recommend a Nissan Sentra. I bought in brand new in 2013 and I have had nothing but issues. I was in and out of the shop the first couple years. My battery, water pump and transmission went on the car. The only saving grace I have had with this car is when the transmission went, the manager (Gino), did everything in his power to help me with the situation.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15

Our Take on the 2013 Nissan Sentra

Can fuel economy alone win over car shoppers? Nissan is banking on it with the redesigned 2013 Sentra, whose EPA-estimated 34 mpg combined city/highway rating is tops among commuter sedans. Backseat and trunk room to spare also distinguish the car, but little else sets it apart from the competition.

The redesigned 2013 Nissan Sentra has many practical strengths, but it stirs little in the way of emotion.

Trim levels include a Sentra S, SV, SR and SL. Compare them here, or compare the 2013 and 2012 Nissan Sentra here. The S can have a standard six-speed manual transmission or an optional continuously variable automatic transmission. The CVT comes standard on all other trims. I drove both transmissions... Read More