2013 Sentra

2013 Nissan Sentra

2013 Nissan Sentra

3.8

Have you driven the 2013 Nissan Sentra?

Comfortable, Sporty, and Economical! All in one!

by I35 Guy from Madison, Wisconsin on Sun May 19 2013

So I recently added another Nissan product to the fleet as my Infiniti isn't the most fuel efficient for my commuting. I wasn't sure how this little car would stack up as I have expectations for cars coming from an Infiniti sedan. The Nissan is pretty comparable to be honest. The performance isn't what I'm used to, however it's pretty darn good for a little 4 cylinder car. I like cvt and the fact that I can be doing 1500 rpms at 70 mph. While in my Infiniti that would 2200 rpms. The cvt has taken some getting used to. The interior is nice, I have the SV trim and that came with cruise, a/c, xm radio and steering wheel controls. It also has the LED parking lights. Driving some of the older Sentra's I think Nissan really did their homework on this one. I've averaged 34.8 mpg with city and highway at 50%/50% Honestly I have to say I'm impressed with so much comfort and convenience in such a small package. My favorite part about this car is the turning radius, it's so agile. Make no mistake, this car is better than the Corolla and the Civic. It has the sporty feel and modern amenities that every car should have.

2013 sentra

by Ilovemynissan from Littleton, Co on Mon Feb 25 2013

I just bought my 2013 sentra SV about a month ago. Its an incredible car. It's big. The amount of room you get in this car for 16000 dollars is amazing. It's not a fast car but i can pass people on the highway easily. I have gone 90 mph easily. The handling is great just like any other sentras and the gas mileage is great. This is the best car you can get for 16000 dollars in todays market from my opinion.

2013 Sentra SR Review

by SR from Chicago, IL on Thu May 09 2013

I have purchased a 2013 Sentra SR and I totally love it. The exterior deisgn and the sharpness is great. I was going to purschase the SV but for 10$ extra a month I have decided to get the SR, and I do not regret it. Fog lights, nicer body kit, and also the nice alloy wheels. I really like that they put the LED tailights and LED's under the front headlight. The interior is very comfotable and not much noise. The only thing that I dont like is the CVT transmission, probably need to get used to it, getting out of a V8. The fuel economy is great, I am averaging 30.8 mpg all city after 3,000 miles. I have not taken it on a long highway run, but this summer I will take it on a 2,000 highway trip. Other than that, I dont think I could have found a better deal, getting the car for $19,000 out the door. I really like how Nissan is stepping up the game with the interior room and complete redisgn to most of their models.

Dealer can't diagnose repeated battery failure

by Robert from Gainesville, VA on Sat Feb 22 2014

As noted in another review, my battery goes dead if the car sits in the garage for a few days. After the first 2 visits to the dealer, they said that their diagnostics determined that the battery was bad, and they gave me a new battery. About 3 months later, I returned from a 4 day business trip to find the battery dead. The dealer checked the car and found nothing wrong. Suspecting that the trunk light might have been on (which the service rep said would drain the battery), I removed it. About a week later the battery was dead again.

Battery Problems

by ntrain32 from Westfield, NJ on Fri Feb 14 2014

I like the car a lot, but have had to have 2 batteries installed by Nissan since I bought the car 11 months ago. Mileage is great and car looks great. Two different dealerships have not been able to diagnose what is causing the batteries to drain so thoroughly and completely.

2013 Sentra battery fails

by Robert from Gainesville, VA on Wed Aug 27 2014

So, dealer installed 4th battery and car is only 16 months old. They guessed I needed a new alternator and replaced it. But, one day as I was lifting myself out of the car with my hand on the steering wheel, I noticed that the steering wheel didn't move. First time since I bought it. Called dealer to ask if power steering is now electric rather than hydraulic as in the old days. They said yes. So, the power steering remains on and drains power even when key is out of the ignition. They replaced the steering column, and problem is still there.

Bad Transmission

by Steve from Rochester, PA on Sun Jan 05 2014

Purchased the car in February 2013. Car has had multiple transmission problems since then. Nissan customer service has been less than helpful and does not work on Sundays, making it impossible to find a solution to getting to work on Monday.

A practical choice

by CNU Captain from Warwick, NY on Sat Sep 09 2017

I bought my 2013 Sentra SV with the premium package in July 2016. It had 63k when I bought it and I'm up to 76k now. I am a college student and needed a car that was comfortable, got good gas mileage, and had enough space for everything my dorm room. The Sentra checked all of these boxes. It is a very comfortable car for road trips, and my 8 hour drive to school is not bad in any way. I'm averaging 35 mpg in mixed driving. But, this gas mileage comes at a cost of performance, as merging onto a highway can be a scary experience, even when your foot is to the floor. The CVT takes a while to get used to, and it's whining sound is always around. On the outside, the back 1/2 of the car looks great, but the front falls a bit flat. The inside is very high quality, however. The only thing that I would change is the audio system, which doesn't sound great at high volume when your windows are down. Overall, my Sentra is the perfect choice for a college student, and I'm hoping for it to last me until I'm out of grad school 4-5 years from now!

My sentra through 23k miles

by V10 from Chicago, il. on Fri Oct 02 2015

Where to start? Through 23k miles of ownership since brand new, my 2014 nissan sentra FE+SV has experienced the CD player not working (spitting my cd's out) wile even the digital display turning on and off on its own. The car has went in for a rust issue in the rear of the trunk, and I wash my car weekly. REALLY? RUST? When going over bumps my hood bounces up and down making a very loud noise that is very irritating. My fan made a very loud rattling noise especially when turned to the max position for about 1 week and then stopped, weird! It sounds like my muffler or muffler pipe has a crack in it because when I accelerate it sounds pretty abnormal for a 1 year old car. Today my door would not close, the latch got stuck in the close/lock position while the for was open preventing me from being able to close the door. The CVT transmission is wearing me out, I hate it and just can't get used to it. This car is slow to accelerate because of the CVT. Telescoping steering wheel does not adjust far out enough. Center console is very small and to far back. Seats are good, but not the greatest on long drives. Gas mileage? Awesome! 24 city 37 hwy. The car looks good too. Last nissan for me. Back to Toyotas.

Don't purchase

by Morrison from Richmond hill, ga on Wed Nov 01 2017

Several problems especially the Transmission. I get routine maintenance done so I don't understand all the issues. Just not a good car to have. Spend too much money fixing stuff.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 12

Our Take on the 2013 Nissan Sentra

Can fuel economy alone win over car shoppers? Nissan is banking on it with the redesigned 2013 Sentra, whose EPA-estimated 34 mpg combined city/highway rating is tops among commuter sedans. Backseat and trunk room to spare also distinguish the car, but little else sets it apart from the competition.

The redesigned 2013 Nissan Sentra has many practical strengths, but it stirs little in the way of emotion.

Trim levels include a Sentra S, SV, SR and SL. Compare them here, or compare the 2013 and 2012 Nissan Sentra here. The S can have a standard six-speed manual transmission or an optional continuously variable automatic transmission. The CVT comes standard on all other trims. I drove both... Read More