2011 Nissan Versa consumer reviews

side view of 2011 Versa Nissan
Explore the 2011 Nissan Versa
Shop the 2011 Nissan Versa

Wonderful.

You don't buy a Versa thinking it will be the performance car of a lifetime - you buy it looking for a dependable compact car, and that is exactly what I got. It's been about 4 months now, and I absolutely love it. Fits my needs - wonderful city car, with a few long drives here and there. Go for the hatchback, the extra investment is absolutely worth it.

4.4

Cute...Comfy...Commuter Car!

My husband and I actually purchased 2 at the same time since we moved further away from city and needed better gas mileage for a daily 40 mile round trip. We bought the hatchback, one automatic and one manual. We both liked the styling of the hatchback...his has a spoiler too. Very impressed with roomy interior and how the car handles. Materials inside are a little cheap though, and not sure how it will hold up with my kids. Factory tint would have been a plus...that is one of main things that my daughters miss from our Dodge Grand Caravan. Overall it's decent...got 0% financing, but wish I had did a better job at negotiating purchase price. Oh well...this will do until kids are older...then it's time for an upgrade.

I love this car :)

I love this car. I have the 1.8S manual hatchback. It's a very peppy car! The shifting is as smooth as butter. The seats are so comfortable. It's quiet. It has cruise control. It is so spacious inside. It accelerates quite quickly. The ride is smooth. The hatchback is awesome - so much more room for cargo than the sedan, yet, about the same curb weight. The styling is done very well. It's quality made, not just thrown together. It uses a tried & true Nissan engine. It's just so fun to drive. It puts me in a better mood every time I get in it. :) Being a Nissan, this thing will go for ages. I used to own a Chevy Aveo... and the thing is falling apart before 65,000 miles, was thrown together (even has a Korean engine >:( ), has horrific ride quality, and drives like a tractor. I am SO HAPPY I now have a Nissan Versa.

4.0

I Like My Versa

Purchased my 2011 Versa-SL model with 1.8 L engine. Performs well although I don't have cruise control or electric windows, which is a bummer. I should have been more observant. Nevertheless I am generally pleased with the vehicle. Gas mileage also doesn't quite come up to par. I get around 28 mpg, which isn't the best for a small vehicle.

surprised

i bought versa in a crisis situation..my old toyota after i put in few bucks steering went out. so off to the races..went nissan cause i bought a titan in 2008 and like it except for the gas. my wife liked it i liked as we went through some back roads handled quite well for a small car. liked the feel fit so we bought it at sticker with the gas prices. anyway put on 1,200 highway miles on a trip...it was fine except i won't drive 10 hours straight again! we got it for local commute so it's fine better looking than the competition.

Great value for the money

Bought 2011 Versa hatchback 3 months ago. Has been running great. Don't expect the smooth ride and high performance you'd get in a luxury car. But if you want a no-hassle, no-frills, well-priced, reliable car that gets good gas mileage and is a lot roomier than it looks from the outside, then this is your car.

I LUV LUV My Nissan Versa

The interior of this car is HUGE!! I am 6'3" and I can put my fist over my head. I do not have to lean the seat way back and can finally drive a small car in comfort. The gas mileage is 23 city with a/c, 24 without. My first road trip driving on cruise 76 miles per hour I got 34.3 mpg. The A/C is exceptionally cold, the standard 6 disc cd player/radio is, for a 49 year old, loud, lots of bass and easy to use. My only complaint is with the exterior colors. The red, white or blue just did not do the car any favors. I hate a silver car but the metallic gray was my best choice. The all black interior is excellent especially when compared to others. No mechanical problems, everything is fine! I LUV LUV My Nissan Versa!! This is my 4th Nissan and I would buy another one.

4.3

Not the best, but not the worst

I've had my new Nissan Versa 1.8S sedan for a little over a month now, and I'm pleased with the performance and handling, but not the interior design. I wish the lower-end models came standard with map lights and a driver's side vanity mirror. Most other car manufacturers now have this as a standard feature, but Nissan doesn't. This isn't included unless you get the top-of-the-line sedan SL model. Also not included in the lower-end models are the 60/40 rear seat split. The rear seats don't fold down at all in the 1.8S sedan. There is very little storage, only the glovebox and a super-small compartment above the stereo. That's it. Also, the placement of the driver and front passenger cup holders is a little odd, directly beneath the stereo. Not within reach at all, I have to bend forward a bit to get whatever I place there. That being said, I do like the 6-CD changer with audio jack, the bucket seats are very comfortable, and the back seat is very roomy. For the most part, I really enjoy driving this car. It doesn't suffer from the slow acceleration issues that a lot of other fuel-efficient vehicles have. It handles really well around the turns and curves on the highway. The cabin stays really quiet and there isn't too much road noise, which is also a plus.

Great Commuter Car

Needed a car for a 60 mile round trip, daily. Also needed to fit my two teenage sons in the back on weekend trips around town. I selected the Versa over several other make/models due to huge leg room in back seat, super gas mileage, comfort in handling (hey, it's a commuter car, not a luxury sedan, but I don't get a sore back or butt from driving it). It came with a great stereo package including i-pod connectivity, cd player, and steering wheel audio controls. Integrated bluetooth that works really well and the cargo area is fine for this class of car (subcompact - hatchback).

4.0

Good Car for the $

We purchased a Versa 1.8S hatchback with 6 speed manual transmission about 6 weeks ago. Pros: Good value for the $, Nissan reliability, great safety ratings, excellent head and leg room in both the front and back seats, huge cargo area with the back seats folded down, plenty of accelaration merging on to the freeway, solid ride for a small car, turns on a dime, fun to drive. Combined gas mileage so far of 33 MPG. Cons: Although I have plenty of leg room, I have to slide the seat further forward than I would like so my arms can reach the steering wheel. A telescoping steering wheel would be helpful and solve this problem. Also, no center console/arm rest (we purchased an aftermarket arm rest on ebay for $70), and because the backseats don't fold down flat, there's about an 8" difference in elevation in the cargo area. The upholstery is made from a velour-type material and everything sticks to it - especially dog fur!