2004 Pontiac Vibe consumer reviews

$16,605–$19,905 MSRP range
side view of 2004 Vibe Pontiac
Explore the 2004 Pontiac Vibe

250,000 and still trusted

Purchased at 218,000 miles as an extra commuter car. Well, in addition, it has been on many long trips and I would not think twice about taking on another 300 mile (one way) trip. Comfortable front and back. Easy up and down back seats. Tons of room in back with seats down. Easy to clean in back after hauling stuff. Great room behind rear seats for our 75# "puppy." Since I have owned it, I have put in new plugs as I had no idea how old they were and replaced old Advance Auto Economy battery that was in it. Nothing else other than a can of AC refrigerant. Right now the only thing wrong with it is the passenger automatic door lock stopped working. Car is small enough to reach over and unlock manually. Handling is tight and brakes are good. Not the fastest, but that is not what it is for. AWD is great in the snow. It has spent its entire life living with Upstate NY winters and road salt, yet it really has no rust, even underneath. Was never a big Toyota fan, but this car has made me rethink that. Hope to keep it for quite a few more years as kids will be driving soon. Great little car. Awesome for camping too!

G.M should still sell the Pontiac line

This car is a little modern miracle, thanks to a joint G.M andToyota venture. I have known of these cars for years, and now I have the chance to own one, and couldnt be more happy. 14 years old, and still as tight and solid as when new. I also own a 17year old Toyota Tundra, and it is as good as new also. I'm so glad the previous owners took such good care of them!

Great little hatchback, reliable and economical.

I bought my 2004 Vibe in 2006 with 20K miles on it, and sold it in July 2018 with 140K. Nobody could accuse this car of spectacular styling; people bought it because it was a cute but roomy little hatchback with a body of mostly plastic so it never rusted. Back folded flat and would take a twin size piece of foam - great for car camping. This car NEVER disappointed, and all I ever did was routine maintenance and brakes, tires and a battery. With its Toyota engine, it was as dependable as eggs in April. At around 110K the display on the audio stopped working, never could figure it out. At 140K the check engine light came on, it threw an emissions code (PO466) which never affected the performance at all. I sold it in 12 hours on Facebook for a little less than book value because the check engine light was on.

4.4

most dependable car I have owned in years.

I have owned several other vehicles over the years, but this vehicle has certainly amaized me. It is remarkably very dependable and reliable at all times.

One of the best cars I've owned

Used by my wife of basic commuting - runs well - never any problems - has pull-over shades on windshield along with a clear bra, and elecric door open/lock.

4.4

Most reliable car I've owned

It's a great vehicle that has mostly needed the regular maintenance for upkeep, a great value and a top purchase for a used car, worth buying if you need a top-value vehicle.

Great little car

Great car for traveling! Great on the gas for long and short distance driving . Plus has a bit of a sporty look to it, and has the feel and nice interior.

4.3

Peppy Matrix twin

From the same factory as the Matrix and many Corolla parts under the skin, this car has been economical and fun to drive. I bought mine 128k used and had a few minor issues, but an a/c compressor, starter and new catalytic converters were the biggies over 50k miles. Fun to drive, easy on the wallet at the pump and a sporty look that my daughter didn't mind driving to college. The Toyota 4cyl on these will go 250k miles or more with regular maintenance. A little noisy on the highway and you feel a rough road - not luxury, but a good value.

Most reliable car EVER

It is 2016 and I am still driving my 2004 Pontiac Vibe. It's always been a bit weak up long hills on the highway but for occasional highway trips and primarily city driving, you can't beat this vehicle. After 13 years and many many miles, I've only had to pay for routine maintenance (oil changes, tires, etc) and the odd bit of weather-induced decay (e.g., rusted oil pan). Not the fanciest car out there. But certainly the most reliable.

4.3

Never get stuck in the snow & back seats fold flat

This little car gives you a big bang for your buck. Compact size with the power of all-wheel drive. Fold the back seat down and take your skis to the mountains or your bicycle to the trails. Fold both of them down and slide in a furniture find from the local flea market. Back hatch works great for tailgating too. It has been the most convenient car I have ever owned and that is out of a list of at least 20!