2012 Scion xB consumer reviews

side view of 2012 xB Scion
Explore the 2012 Scion xB
Shop the 2012 Scion xB

My car for me

It is very comfortable and does very good on the hiway Much roomier than people think. And very cute. I will retire soon so I plan to take trips in this car.

This car is a good run-about town

I think the Scion XB is a great little car that has big car performance. If I were to make a small recommendation I would recommend that the gas tank be about three gallons larger so that a driver would get about 375 miles to a tankful.

Great Car

I bought this car after my 13 year old Honda Civic was totaled in a collision. I've had this car a little over 2 month and 1100 miles and it is great. It is very comfortable very driveable and I throughtly enjoy driving it. After driving a Honda Civic for 13 years driving the xB was a little intimidating but after about two weeks it was great. I'm retired and am always looking for someplace to go or a reason to drive this vehicle. I would recommend you throughly read the owners manuel as soon as you can this car has features on it that my honda could only dream about.

Awesome little car !!!

I replaced a 2005 Nissan Murano with this 2012 xB. Just looking for better mileage and lower payments. I've never really had much attachment to a vehicle, just buy, drive, fix & sell. This car was chosen over a few other makes and models due to Toyota / Scion reliability and cost. After owing this little car for a few weeks, I find it to be a blast to drive. Plenty of zip, great handling, plenty of room and with the aftermarket wheels were installed, a great looking ride as well. Very pleased with my purchase !!!

4.3

Fun to drive

I traded in a 2001 Ford Taurus for my 2012 Scion Xb in Elusive blue. I absolutely love it! Best car I've ever had. It's quiet and zippy. perfect for my lifestyle.

A Kick to Drive!

I've been driving my Scion since October and although it wasn't love at first sight, I'm growing to love it a little more each time I drive it. My last two cars were Camrys-great cars. Didn't want to spend over $20,000 which ruled out a new Camry. Couldn't get excited about another sedan anyway so began researching hatchbacks in Honda, Kia, Hyundai and Toyota lines. All were out of my price range for the space and features I wanted or else were too "budget" with not enough comfort. Went to a local Toyota dealership to check out their inventory and spotted this quirky, blue vehicle in their showroom. Didn't know what it was but liked how different it looked and was surprised to see it was only $18,000. Took it for a test drive not expecting much and found it to be smooth, quiet and comfortable. My boyfriend is 6'4" and sat in the back during the test drive and had plenty of leg room. I'm 5'10" and find the driver's seat fits my body even better than my Camry and is more comfortable for sitting. I sit higher in my Scion than my Camry which allows me much better visibility. It's so nice not to feel dwarfed anymore by all the SUVs and trucks on the road. Even though my xb is about the same length as my Camry, it feels bigger-both inside and out. Yet it handles like a smaller, sporty car. I am someone who drives the speed limit. With this car I have to keep my eye on the speedometer or put it on cruise control because I often find myself zipping past cars and realize I'm going too fast even though it feels like I'm cruising at or below the speed limit. The car is quiet and the acceleration is so smooth and responsive that it's difficult to tell how fast you're going. The controls are simple, straightforward and easy to read and operate. The radio took some getting used to because I kept accidentally switching it between satellite, FM, AM and the mp3 player. Also, there were so many settings and ways to fine-tune it. You definitely need to read the directions to know all the capabilities of it. The bluetooth is also a nice feature. I've driven about 1300 miles so far and average about 28 mpg doing a mix of highway and city driving. I am not someone who typically loves to get in my car and drive just for the pleasure of it but I find myself looking forward to doing that in my Scion xb. It's really easy to handle and a treat to drive. I also like that you don't see a lot of them on the road. This car feels like me-funky and fun.

Highly recommended!!!

I owned a 2005 Scion XB. Liked it so much traded up to the 2012 V6. And I am very happy with my decision.

A lot of car for a little price.

I've had my car for 1 month and 1000 miles on it, no problems. Fuel average for stop and go driving is about 22 miles per gallon. The standard stereo systems is just that and it sounds like it. You might want to upgrade to the next radio level if you spend a lot of time driving. Only thing I also miss and you can't get is heated side mirrors. With winter coming I hope it handles as well as my 08 Jetta did.

Great space Great value

I have owned this vehicle since the beginning of september and i love it, it has so much space and is very well equipped. I was planning on getting an elantra due to the hype and the gas mileage after looking at toyota corollas (horribly equipped for the price) i saw the xb and gave it a shot and loved it. After owning it i am concerned for the gas mileage its not that great avg around 20ish city and that i didnt have an option for a sun roof unless i were to wait for the release series. otherwise its amazing and for the price i could install ten sunroofs and still pay less than honda hyundai or any other manufaturer with a comparable car

4.4

Great Bang For The Buck

I was looking for an economical, fun car with max cargo space. After a bunch of research it came down to the XB and the Honda Element. The better looks, lower price and options with the base model XB sold me so I went for a XB test drive and once I realized it had plenty of pep for a 4 banger I bought one. Overall I am really enjoying my XB. Averaging about 23.5 mpg doing mostly around town driving with the AC on. My only complaints it it could use another inch or two leg room in front (I'm 6' 1") and while the telescope wheel helps that too could extend another 2" to be perfect. Also the base sound system leaves something to be desired as the tweeters are annoyingly sharp (I replaced the speakers with Boston Acoustics components and all is well for my listening; classic roch, old R&B and oldies). The handling is crisp and the interior soom is outstanding for a vehicle this size.