2012 Scion xB consumer reviews

side view of 2012 xB Scion
Explore the 2012 Scion xB
Shop the 2012 Scion xB

Incredible little car- 28 MPG

An awesome sport wagon- very zippy and fun to drive. Its a wonderful and versatile car- starts up like a little sports car. Lots of room! Well built like the Toyota Camry! Incredible car! Reminds me of the little "Hot Wheels" car I had when I was a kid.

4.1

Original owner

I have owned this car for two years now and it is a good car. My only complaints are that the paint job is thin, so it gets scratched VERY quickly. Needs a better top coat. Also, I had no idea of this when I bought it, but you can not add a trailer hitch and tow anything, as well as can not put a roof rack on. None of it is recommended by the manufacturer. I didn't realize I would want that when I bought it, so now I have to find another vehicle that can. A good and fun drive otherwise.

4.1

great economy

I have been impressed with the city mileage of which averages 27.6 city and a little above 30 highway. I havwe one question concerning the fuel tank. Spec's tell me that the vehicle fuel capacity is 14 gallons but my gauge shows empty at 10 gallons. Has anyone else had this problem

4.3

So far, so great!

I've only had my Scion for a month, but all of my expectations have been met so far. I wanted a Toyota-made car and like the look of the Scion. Seeing such great reviews and hearing good word-of-mouth, we decided on the Xb. It's a fun car to drive, sitting a bit higher than a regular sedan. I love the sound system and bluetooth. It gets great gas mileage. The interior is amazingly roomy, much more so than you expect from the outside. It's a very comfortable ride. There are some gauges on the dash I've missed from my old car (temperature gauge, tenths indicator on the odometer), but not anything to make me not want this car. I've driven Toyotas my whole life and drove my last one until it died around 200k. Hoping to do that with this one too.

this car is awesome!

I reluctantly traded in my failing 14 yr old van for something reliable and economical. After lots of research and stopping every xb owner I saw on the street for their review Idecided on an xb. I love this car!! Yesterday I carried 6 arbor vites trees, 5 bags of dirt and had room to spare! I thought Id miss my van . Not at all. Inside the car feels large. The car drives great, good gas mileage. Highly recommend! I bought mine used,2012 and hope to have it a long long time!!

2012 Scion xB Review

This is a great car! After 5 months of owning it, my 2 favorite things about it are 1.) It is near indestructible. And 2.) You can fit almost anything in it. I traded my 2006 Malibu Maxx in for it thinking, nothing can replace the Maxx. But, the xB is great! Got it and 14,000 miles, and it now has 24,000 miles. I highly recommend it! It is great for work, play. and family! Primary use is Work, and transporting Family.

We love our xB!

We purchased it 40,000 miles and three years ago. To date, our only expense has been an oil/filter change every 3k. As our grandchildren say: It look so small on outside, but it's so roomy on the inside. Handles great in wind and even in snow (as long as it's under 6" in depth)-- very stable. Delivers gas mileage far in excess of the EPA rating-- 28 mpg overall. Quality thru-out-- made in Japan. Amazing storage and flexibility. Powerful, smooth, quiet Camry engine. No rattles and noises. Is it a SUV, a hatchback, a station wagon, or a sports sedan? It has elements of all those. This car is underpriced by about $5,000, thus a bargain. The dealer said: Everyone we ask who purchased an xB says that they received much more vehicle than they expected to purchase.

love my xB

I own a 2012 release edition. I just love this car! I would recommend one to anybody. Mine gets very good gas mileage. It is roomy and comfortable. I OWNED a SUV prior to this car and thought I'd have trouble adjusting but not at all. The instrument cluster is in a perfect place, If the stereo is awesome. If I love the hands free phone/ipod too. If you are considering one, go give it a test drive. You'll fall in love.

Zippy Scion XB

so i got my 2012 scion xb about 2 weeks ago and i am in love. i have wanted one since they changed the body style back in 2008. after testing driving one every year i finally broke down and got one....super white....upgraded touch screen radio and added a spoiler. love it....roomy inside great sound very zippy on road. ive had ALOT of cars....camerys VW's fords....ect. but this is the car that seriously make me tickle in my pants...and for real guys we all want that car that makes us do that...even the ladies....cant help it. my only con is the gas.....kinda sloppy gas milage i average about 25 but the tank is very tiny...cost about 30$ to fill it up. and in about 300 miles you gotta do it again....my only downside. but other than that it totally worth it. Buy one or test drive one and feel it for yourself its a great Ride.

GREAT AND AWESOME XB

I HAD SEVERAL CARS FROM ACURA TL, JETTA GL, CIVIC EX AND NOW MY 2012 SCION XB. I LOVE MY XB THE CAR I PURCHASED WITH 5K MILES ON IT. I LOVE THE SPACIOUS ROOM AND THE SAFETY FROM THE AIR BAGS. LOVE ITS HAS 158 HP ENGINE. THE ONLY THING I DONT LIKE ITS THE MPG I ONLY GET IN THE CITY AROUN 21MPG AND 28 IN THE HWY WHICH IS OK BUT ITS ONLY MY OPION, BUT OVERALL I LOVE THIS SCION XB.