2015 Forester

2015 Subaru Forester

2015 Subaru Forester

Have You Driven the 2015 Subaru Forester?

A Happy Wife

by Lucy from Navasota, Tx on Mon Sep 01 2014

We bought a Subaru Forester about 4 weeks ago. My wife was pushing for a luxury vehicle because she has had 5 in the past. That was all I heard while we looked for a new vehicle. I selected a Subaru for several reasons. First, its safety record, and second was customer satisfaction, and third price. I looked it up on the internet using several sights and found it was the top in all categories in its class. Well my wife drove it for 4 weeks and I asked the question. Is the Forester going to work out for you? She said she loved the car and said it handled better then anything she has driven. She did say the road noise is more then the luxury car but not enough to make her want to give it up.

by KJ from Prescott Valley, AZ on Mon May 04 2015

This is a follow-up review to my earlier review. I have now owned my new Forester for nearly 5 months now. One problem that hasn't been resolved is numerous rattles in the dash. After 2 visits to my dealer, pulling apart the dash, several calls to Subaru Corp, I continue to have very irritating dash noises. This is very concerning to me since my car has under 7k miles and it rattles like a car with many more miles on it; totally unacceptable. The dealer indicated to me they have had many problems with rattles such as mine. Another issue was the rear view mirror moving by itself into a lower position. After 2 days of driving the mirror is nearly impossible to see out the back window. The dealer fixed that problem. Aside from rattles, etc. my Forester still drives great. Like other reviews the seats are a bit uncomfortable. It took me several weeks to finally get them adjusted just right. This SUV is fun to drive, has super great visibility, easy to get in and out off, and is a great road-trip car. Got to drive it once in slushy snow and it did great. Will have to wait until next winter to experience a big snow storm to truly test out the AWD. I find the steering in the Forester to be very tight, which helps on windy days for the car can get pushed during a side wind. For all practical and safety reasons the Subaru Forester offers great value and security, especially when paired with the Eye Sight cameras.

New Forester purchase

by Retired Engineer from Volga, S.dak. on Thu Sep 18 2014

I spent more time considering the purchase than I have ever done previously. First, I studied new car rating with particular emphasis on smaller SUVs. The Forester stood out over all others. Secondly, I talked to other Subaru owners: 1. A real estate Agent (Forester) 2. A auto insurance executive ( 2 Legacies) 3. A Druggist that has a dayiy commute of nearly 50 miles. (outback). All owners praised their Subarus highly and recommended them unconditionally I also researched new car prices and went to the Blue book to learn the market value of my trade-in. I'm satisfied that all my research was profitable and that I got the best deal on a good, dependable Auto

6-Speed Manual Review

by Beau from Guelph Ontario on Fri Sep 18 2015

I bought this vehicle a few months ago. Its the Touring model, but it is the 6-speed manual transmission. I can't speak to the CVT version, but the manual is a very smooth drive, with very capable power delivery. I moved from a 2.5i Impreza. The engine is the same, very powerful, yet good on gas. Despite being a heavier vehicle than the impreza, the power delivery is equal, allowing easy passing even at high speeds. The vehicle is very sturdy, and the suspension is a fair bit stiff for an SUV. This gives it a sharp drive with excellent control. I have never lived the buttery suspension on some vehicles as it makes cornering or driving at higher speeds feel dangerous. The interior is pretty comfortable. The seats could be a tiny bit softer, but other than that ergonomics are great and so is space. The interior styling is also amazing. Very crisp, and has all the things you need. The model I have has a sunroof, which is MASSIVE. The people in the front and back and benefit equally from it. Storage is surprisingly good, especially for a small SUV. I recently moved and I was able to take an entire queen bed and queen futon all in the same trip (mattresses easily tied on top and all the long pieces fit easily with the seats down. I'm a fairly young guy so I appreciate a sporty look as well as feel. Subaru balances that off-road look and feel with city styling and performance. I will absolutely buy another.... although thats going to be a long time since all subarus (like my last one) last forever.

Love Our Forester

by Happy Forester Owner from South Dakota on Tue May 06 2014

Had our 2015 Forester 2.5 Limited CVT for 2 1/2 weeks and driven over 2000 miles so far. The car deserves all the great reviews given it by automotive magazines. Adequate power, like the cvt transmission, car is very solid and really handles well. Gas mileage seems to be as advertised. Surprisingly good ride for short wheelbase vehicle. My wife is quite short so would like power seat on passenger side but visibility is still good in this vehicle. Like the safety rating (five star) and all the features of the car.

Best Decision On A New Car I've Ever Made

by JJ from Carrollton, VA on Tue Oct 14 2014

This is the fifth new car I have bought for my family or myself, and I am very happy with my decision. I am consistently getter better than predicted gas mileage for my daily commute. My kids love the back seat room (I have 3 so all the seats are full when the family travels). They always want to take "Daddy's Car" instead of the minivan! The features for the money paid are an excellent value (I have the 2.5i Premium with MT, which comes standard with the All Weather Package). Although I am currently leasing the car, I am very seriously considering converting to a purchase, since I don't think I'll want to give the car up when my lease is over.

Towed a teardrop Trailer and 3thousand miles in 3k

by Fourthsubie from Palatka Florida on Sat Jun 21 2014

Went on a trip to East Texas towing my teardrop trailer, averaged 23. 4 mpg wich was pretty good, not one problem, went nicely uphill with the load, My 4th, a little noisier up front than my 2010, maybe the tires or the new chain drive, interior too dark for Florida, would have liked a lighter choice even though the light colored seats are nice. I was not a fan of the red dashboard instruments but I am getting used to it. Love the better hwy 30 plus mpg. Very happy with this car and anyone that drives it, wants it!

A good car

by None from Cleveland, Oh on Thu Jun 26 2014

Like the passenger seat is higher. Car rides very smooth. More visibility in the vehicle. Has a good pickup. It is also quiter on the inside. You don't here to much road noise

Love my Forester

by New Subaru owner from Phoenix, AZ on Mon Nov 03 2014

After trying out an Outback, which I had thought I wanted, I bought a Forester. I Love this car. The Visibility is awesome, handling good, ride a bit rough (I had bmw's before) perky and responsive. Most of all I feel safe and stable. Backup camera nice feature. If you can - get upgraded model. Overall, Very pleased.

slow being convinced but now very convinced

by amac for scooby-doo, aka subaru from South Texas near the Gulf of Mexico on Sun Jun 15 2014

1,200 miles in 3 weeks. Family drove to San Antonio for a Camry hybrid and my family felt that I tricked them into a forester. The day we bought it and drove a few hours home, there was a terrible rain storm, and scooby-doo's four wheel drive felt very secure with my family on board. Just before we went, I test drove a forester and I was impressed with dirt driving, handling on curves at a good speed, fun factor and the videos at the dealership showing safety features with 4 wheel drive and eye sight. WOW, that eye sight is the reason I got the premium version. You drive along with cruise control and it automatically controls your speed keeping a minimum distance from the car in front of you. Years ago I accidently hit a car in front of me. This could have stopped that accident or at least made it a lot less impactful. I have drove it a little in the sand at the ocean, which was slow but drove right through without problem. After a rain storm, I drove it in the mud next to a country road and it drove through it without problem but just slowly. Today for the first time I was a passenger in the back seat. I was impressed by the amount of space. Safety and the fun factor got my vote!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 25

Our Take on the 2015 Subaru Forester

Editor’s note: This review was written in January 2013 about the 2014 Subaru Forester. Little of substance has changed with this year’s model. To see what’s new for 2015, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

The compact crossover class is one of the most competitive with a slew of excellent choices for car shoppers.

Subaru’s redesigned Forester won’t make things any easier.

The 2014 Subaru Forester may look only slightly different on the outside, but inside, underneath the hood and just about everywhere else, it’s a significantly improved SUV.

Subaru has gone to great lengths to make sure the Forester is still a capable off-road... Read More