2019 Subaru Outback consumer reviews

side view of 2019 Outback Subaru
Explore the 2019 Subaru Outback
Shop the 2019 Subaru Outback

Best Car Ever to Drive in Snow

The Outback is pretty much perfect for my needs. It's an addition to a fleet of big trucks and SUVs for my archaeological company. I needed something smaller,but roomy in the rear for equipment, safety for my people comfort and reliability because this is a working vehicle. I did put snow tires on it because, based on my 2013 Outback, they do max out performance. I really like the newer safety features like backup camera and Eyesight. The 2019 is also way more comfortable to sit in, more ergonomic. The only thing I wish Subaru would do is keep the 6 cylinder engine. The four is a bit sluggish.

4.4

Reasonably priced, reliable and a good looking SUV

Originally seeking 6 cylinder Outback (2019 is last year for the powerful 3.7 engine) for my wife. We settled on the 4 cylinder non- turbo Outback at significantly less than the used 6 cylinders on the market. My wife likes the car and it’s engine very much. I agree but find the 2.5 four to be only adequate .

Love it

It’s our second Subaru Outback. Love it! We are very happy with the performance of the Outback, especially on snowy, icy roads. We have never had an issue and feel very safe in it.

Great all-purpose car

It takes a heck of a car to get me to switch from Honda, but the Outback did it. Fantastic car in all aspects. We love driving it, and I have not found that it is lacking power at all. Pretty peppy for a four cylinder.

Sturdy car

It is a safe, comfortable SUV and capable of handling all kinds of road conditions. Dependable is the key word which gives the driver confidence that it'll perform no matter the weather.

My new car feels really safe; drives like a dream.

This car meets all of my requirements and more. Drives smooth and feels safe. AWD is a great feature. I really like the back up camera and lane alert.

4.4

All Time Favorite

We brought this when my wife started a job with a 50 mile commute during a brutal Wisconsin winter. Not only has been great in snow it handles like a sports car and we AVERAGED 34 overall mpg .

New to subaru

Like the eyesight and safety.. main reason we leased.. I4 engine is underpowered.. especially on hwy.. interior is nice and roomy.. 8 inch touch screen is very easy to use and very functional... vehicle is easy to access.. ride is smooth and handling is easy as it drives like a car... not a firm ride, though...

4th Subaru. Very reliable, better gas mileage

Like how it handles curves & turns better than other makes I've driven. Love new features even though very satisfied with my past Subarus. Treated very well by White Bear Subaru, better than anypast

6 creally makes a difference...and the ride is ver

test drove the 4 and 6. 6 was so much smoother with so much less rev. Also very happy with the interior and comfort / firmness of the seats. I went from an x5 BMW and can say that im glad to be away from the constant check engine lights of the bmw's after 15 year