2019 Subaru Outback consumer reviews

side view of 2019 Outback Subaru
Explore the 2019 Subaru Outback
Shop the 2019 Subaru Outback

Subaru Onxy Rules

Fast, looks great, can be up on the mountain in the day and to the symphony at night. Interior is roomy, tons of room with sets down in the back, the new head unit has a huge screen and has not given me any issues to this point, I love it. I have zero regrets and nothing to complain about, this Subaru can do it all, and now I can tow 3500lbs with this Onyx to boot.

4.4

A few things but that's just me.

Only 2 nit-picks or this would be 100% my perfect vehicle. Roof rails have nowhere to tie-down to and need expensive cross-rails. I am reluctant to use all its power because of the way the CVT "feels". As I said - just me. Even so, this is the car I would most likely buy again.

My 3rd Outback

Found a car we are going to enjoy for years. Everything from the exterior color to the interior we are very pleased. It is so fun to drive, can’t wait to make memories.

Great Car with terrible electronics

The Infotainment and control system is my only complaint. Apple CarPlay constantly disconnect from any phone connected after multiple cables, system flashes and even a head unit replacement it is still worse than the system from my 2009 Ford Escape.

We Love Our Subaru Outback

The Subaru Outback 2.5 Limited is a beautifully designed car. Our 2013 Outback was totaled in an accident caused by the other driver (rear impact). I knew I was buying another when I saw how well it held up in the crash. And no one was hurt. The Outbacks are even safer now and the interior is spectacular.

LOVE my Outback compared to Forester

The lease was up on mu 2017 Forester. Nice car but not sold on it comfort wise. Drove a 2019 Outback and love at first sight. Quiet solid ride, interior design and lighting especially is very classy and comfortable. I am thrilled with this car and the best car I have ever owned.

2.1

Caution defective windshields.

I was driving down the highway and my windshield cracked on the bottom left or drivers side. There was no impact on the windshield of any kind. No traffic and smooth highway. Temp was around 30 degrees. Started out as a 5 inch crack from the bottom up and had a very small divot. Then spread to a 15 inch crack very quickly. I brought the car to the dealership with in 24 hours and they filed a claim with Subaru. Within 4 hours the dealership called and said claim was denied. They said crack was caused by outside force due to the tiny divot. They say the only way for a divot is impact with a outside force. That is not a true statement. A small divot can occur from a stress crack of from spontaneously cracking. The dealership quoted me just under $700. Not being happy with that I called Subaru customer service and they very quickly threw $500 at me to help with the repair. Which does not cover the entire cost of the repair. These windshields seem to have a recurring problem with spontaneously cracking and Subaru is brushing it off. The eyesight technology does not work with any other windshield, you must buy the factory windshield. I do not feel safe driving my car with a subpar windshield. Please help in this very serious safety issue being Ignored by Subaru. I have zero confidence in the new windshield. This needs to be addressed.

Family's Safety Was Top Priority

This was my first and only choice to transport my family. Safety was my number one priority. I also appreciate Subaru's support of National Parks. We've taken our Subaru camping and had plenty of storage to take the tent and all our gear, plus four people, comfortably.

Great Car for winter driving

I purchased the Outback so I would not have to worry about weather when I drive from Upper Michigan to Oshkosh to visit my grandchildren. So far, I am very pleased with my car.

New car

This car has all the safety features and comfort I was looking for. Perfect replacement for my old wagon. Is comfortable and the back up camera is very helpful.