2015 XV Crosstrek

4.6 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.8 out of 5 starsReliability

My First Subaru

by Who thought Subaru? from Atlanta, GA on September 3, 2015

I was in the market for a small CUV. I was looking at Audi, BMW, Mercedes. As the names caught my eye, they just weren't what I thought they would be. I wanted something all-wheel drive too. I started looking at other things but was coming to a loss. A friend recommended Subaru. My first thought was, "Really?". So, I did. The XV Crosstrek caught my eye. I drove the '15 Limited decked out with every bell and whistle..then..I bought it!! Best decision ever. The eyesight and adaptive cruise are amazing! Something luxury brands need to look into because Subaru has safety going on! The Crosstrek is a little under powered however, I'm not drag racing anytime soon so it doesn't bother me. It rides smoother than I thought and is more comfortable than my 2012 C250 Luxury. It handles great and is very responsive. Interior is more quality than anyother brand I've had and I've pretty much had everything being the enthusiast that I am with vehicles. Hands down Subaru, you know what you're doing! Subaru customer for life!

Good Machine

by h820 from Calimesa, CA on August 18, 2015

I leased a Crosstrek XV because I'm a photographer who needs to get off the beaten path but also need a comfortable, good mileage, road car. It doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles compared to some but Subaru fit and finish is superb. Everything fits perfectly. There are no slight mismatches in trim and door fit. The ride on pavement is smooth and quiet.. Off road is more bouncy because of the stiffer suspension but that's expected in a car with off road all wheel drive capability. I've had it on fire roads and with 9" of clearance never scraped bottom once.

Best small SUV on the market

by prior Honda guy from Sylvania, Ohio on August 3, 2015

I have spent months looking and driving all the cars in this class. As soon as I pulled out of the dealer?s lot I knew this was the car for me. It's sporty, fun to drive, very comfortable, high quality, not over loaded with electronics (simple systems to operate), and the engine/all wheel drive system can't be matched by any other manufacturer. Very happy with the purchase.

Very Happily Surprised - Much More Than I Expected

by Argus from Washington, D.C. on January 22, 2015

I've only had my Limited since Dec. 31 and 600 miles but it's been flawless and appears to be even more of a "find" and "value" than I expected. A very practical vehicle with legendary AWD and durability, at least this Subaru model also has very good design, comfort and overall appearance. Great handling, surprisingly good and improving fuel economy, excellent braking and more-than-adequate power/acceleration in real-world situations complete this delightful package. (See the "1st Subaru" review of the 2014 model for additional comments that reflect mine for the 'improved' 2015.) In short, I'm a very, very happy camper to date!

Great Car

by mtn mama from Nederland, Colorado on February 2, 2015

A great mountain car. Wonderful handling and great performance. This is my 7th Subaru and I couldn't be happier with the Crosstrec

Loaner car

by Kev from Prescott, AZ on August 19, 2015

I drove the Crosstrek as a loaner car at my local Subaru dealer while my Forester was being worked on, so this review compares the 2 models. I found the Crosstrek to drive surprisingly quiet, road noise was isolated, and handling quick. Compared to my Forester the Crosstrek was more sluggish, not as powerful A/C output, the CVT shifted a bit more rough, and the view from the driver's seat not quite as open. The Crosstrek's seats were adequate, but far less roomy and comfortable compared the Forester. Luggage space is limited. Overall I recommend the Crosstrek as a great commuter car, and perfect in snow county. However for approx. $2k more one could buy the Forester and get a far better and more powerful car.

I love to drive this car!

by OwlLady from on April 11, 2017

I have owned my Subaru XV Crosstrek for 5 months, and I love it! I have never enjoyed driving a car so much in my life. It handles so well in traffic and on the highway, it has good clearance (I live on a gravel road that isn't always plowed in the winter), gets around very well in snow, has more space than it looks like, and gets fantastic gas mileage. I drive in a mixture of small towns, gravel roads, and highways, and typically average 33 mpg. If I do a longer highway trip, then I average 36-37 mpg. I feel spoiled by the heated seats, sun roof, and keyless entry and start. I will never let my husband drive me anywhere again because I love driving this car so much! My best friend was in the market for a new car and bought a 2017 model and she absolutely loves hers too. I love that Subaru is such an environmental friendly and socially responsible company.

Great Ride!

by The Outdoor Boys from New Mexico on July 6, 2015

I love this car. My boys and I lead a very active outdoor lifestyle. The Crosstrek is perfect for us. We've already done camping trips in two places in New Mexico in the last three weeks with the car. The car handles great on the winding back roads. Safe, fun, and capable.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Bang for the buck

by Marty from Wheaton, il on July 21, 2015

I had a stroke 11 years ago, so we decided to settle on one car, a midsize crossover. It has been upgraded over the years, and with my wife out and about, I decided it was time for a second vehicle. I settled on a Crosstrek. With the added ground clearance, it was easy to get in and out. I wanted a smaller vehicle with good mileage, and comfort. This vehicle exceeded my expectations. As a senior citizen, I wasn't looking for quick acceleration, but it gets me where I need to go. And it looks great, in and out..

great mpg

by me from sw washington on June 5, 2015

Getting 35-37 mpg. Easy to get in and out of, even with bad knees. Very comfortable ride. Lots of room. Gauges are easy to see. Love the paddle shifters, can downshift and save on brakes. Overall very nice and handy car.

1 2 3