2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek consumer reviews

side view of 2015 XV Crosstrek Subaru
Explore the 2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek
Shop the 2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek

My First Subaru

I was in the market for a small CUV. I was looking at Audi, BMW, Mercedes. As the names caught my eye, they just weren't what I thought they would be. I wanted something all-wheel drive too. I started looking at other things but was coming to a loss. A friend recommended Subaru. My first thought was, "Really?". So, I did. The XV Crosstrek caught my eye. I drove the '15 Limited decked out with every bell and whistle..then..I bought it!! Best decision ever. The eyesight and adaptive cruise are amazing! Something luxury brands need to look into because Subaru has safety going on! The Crosstrek is a little under powered however, I'm not drag racing anytime soon so it doesn't bother me. It rides smoother than I thought and is more comfortable than my 2012 C250 Luxury. It handles great and is very responsive. Interior is more quality than anyother brand I've had and I've pretty much had everything being the enthusiast that I am with vehicles. Hands down Subaru, you know what you're doing! Subaru customer for life!

4.0

Loaner car

I drove the Crosstrek as a loaner car at my local Subaru dealer while my Forester was being worked on, so this review compares the 2 models. I found the Crosstrek to drive surprisingly quiet, road noise was isolated, and handling quick. Compared to my Forester the Crosstrek was more sluggish, not as powerful A/C output, the CVT shifted a bit more rough, and the view from the driver's seat not quite as open. The Crosstrek's seats were adequate, but far less roomy and comfortable compared the Forester. Luggage space is limited. Overall I recommend the Crosstrek as a great commuter car, and perfect in snow county. However for approx. $2k more one could buy the Forester and get a far better and more powerful car.

4.3

Good Machine

I leased a Crosstrek XV because I'm a photographer who needs to get off the beaten path but also need a comfortable, good mileage, road car. It doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles compared to some but Subaru fit and finish is superb. Everything fits perfectly. There are no slight mismatches in trim and door fit. The ride on pavement is smooth and quiet.. Off road is more bouncy because of the stiffer suspension but that's expected in a car with off road all wheel drive capability. I've had it on fire roads and with 9" of clearance never scraped bottom once.

Best small SUV on the market

I have spent months looking and driving all the cars in this class. As soon as I pulled out of the dealer?s lot I knew this was the car for me. It's sporty, fun to drive, very comfortable, high quality, not over loaded with electronics (simple systems to operate), and the engine/all wheel drive system can't be matched by any other manufacturer. Very happy with the purchase.

Bang for the buck

I had a stroke 11 years ago, so we decided to settle on one car, a midsize crossover. It has been upgraded over the years, and with my wife out and about, I decided it was time for a second vehicle. I settled on a Crosstrek. With the added ground clearance, it was easy to get in and out. I wanted a smaller vehicle with good mileage, and comfort. This vehicle exceeded my expectations. As a senior citizen, I wasn't looking for quick acceleration, but it gets me where I need to go. And it looks great, in and out..

Great Ride!

I love this car. My boys and I lead a very active outdoor lifestyle. The Crosstrek is perfect for us. We've already done camping trips in two places in New Mexico in the last three weeks with the car. The car handles great on the winding back roads. Safe, fun, and capable.

4.3

Good Daily driver

(2015 XV Crosstrek Premium with CVT) First Subaru for me. I wanted a daily use car that would be good year round in all types of weather conditions. So far I've found the Crosstrek to have a comfortable, quiet ride and above average handling for a vehicle with fairly high ground clearance. Unlike many reviews I've read, I think the car is adequately powered although engine noise is very noticeable under acceleration but I've heard this is common with "boxer" type engines. I've also read bad reviews of the audio systems. I think it's pretty good however the touch screen graphics look like something out of a 70's era video game. So far I've seen about 25 mpg around town and I'm happy with that. THE CVT transmission works well although I've noticed when backing up, and then shifting to drive, there is a noticeable hesitation before the CVT engages. If I had it to do over again I think the only thing I'd do different is go for the Limited just for the extra bells and whistles which include better instrumentation for not too much more money.

great mpg

Getting 35-37 mpg. Easy to get in and out of, even with bad knees. Very comfortable ride. Lots of room. Gauges are easy to see. Love the paddle shifters, can downshift and save on brakes. Overall very nice and handy car.

4.1

Fun Driver

Bought it for a tow car behind our new motorhome....but we can't keep our hands off of it. Out of the 3 vehicles we own this is the one we choose most all the time!! It's a stick shift and it's very fun to drive.

4.4

Just what I was looking for

I've owned 4 Subarus before this one, so i'm obviously a fan. I bought the Crosstrek because I wanted a compact car with decent gas mileage that I could occasionally take off road. I was concerned that the 2.0 liter engine may not have sufficient power, but that concern disappeared after I owned the car for a few months. It has enough horsepower for almost all circumstances. I've taken this car off road a few times, and I'm very satisfied with the performance. It has traveled very rough, rocky, and steep roads better than I expected. I highly recommend this car, and I would buy another one myself.