2005 4Runner

2005 Toyota 4Runner

2005 Toyota 4Runner

Have You Driven the 2005 Toyota 4Runner?

Good power, style and performance - I love it.

by Beto from Austin-TX on Mon Apr 29 2019

I was looking for a used car and started checking the reviews and they were great, so bought my first one silver and them bought a second one white both have more than 200k miles and rides like new, zero issues (except for the dash cracked in both) I think it should be a Toyota recall.

I LOVE THIS CAR

by tony from VA on Mon Aug 21 2006

OVER ALL I'M VERY SATISFIED WITH THE PERFORMANCE. I HOPE TOYOTA WILL MAKE A 3RD SEAT ROW FOR 4 RUNNER.

100k miles and not one single problem

by Khouryp from San Francisco on Fri Jun 30 2017

I bought the 4runner new and put almost 100k on it now. I love the sport package combined with the V8. With this package your are getting the most responsive handling, breaking and acceleration and all 3 are really good. I wish I had the better stereo from the limited though. I've towed wakeboard boats, cars (across the entire country) and uhaul trailers with ease. Even with using this car or real work like that I haven't had any unscheduled maintenance needs what so ever. I live in San Francisco now and appreciate the tight turning radius for parking and getting around crowded streets. The anti-lock breaks engage a little quicker than expected at times but otherwise this thing is about perfect for my needs.

Best I could ask for

by Jdm from Dallas on Tue May 16 2017

Love everything about the 4runner Limited V8 with one exception, fuel mileage. Does ok on Highway but not best for city. Tows awesome and super amazing offroad.

V8 option is great

by Deak17 from Buffalo wy on Thu Sep 10 2020

For a 15 year old vehicle it doesn't seem that dated. The V8 option is great and have had not issues after 100k plus miles.

Reliable Multi Use Luxury

by JPSineath from Columbia, SC on Wed Nov 01 2017

This has been a great car. It's appearance and reliability have been outstanding. It has been great as a use for an individual daily driver and later on when we had children it was great for car seats. We've used it to haul many different trailers boats etc.

The best car ever owned

by Big mac from Columbia on Wed Jun 06 2018

It has an excellent ride Great vacation truck , wonderful with gas on the road.keep oil changed i have had no real major problems with the truck

Most reliable car I owned.

by V Vales from Sanford on Mon May 29 2017

This car meets all my needs. It is a multi use vehicle. It is great when we go on vacation multi state road trips, for towing our utility trailer and commuting to work. We will be keeping this one forever.

Love this car!

by BamaMama from on Wed Feb 03 2010

Bought a 2005 4Runner dealer demo, had 350 miles on it, has 66K now. It still looks and drives amazing after 5 years. I have the oil changed regularly (that's a must do folks). I had a problem with the tire air pressure light coming on when it was cold in the winter. Turned out it was caused by the spare which the dealer replaced-problem solved. This is the best car I have ever owned. Beats the pants off the "looser cruiser" Ford mini van I was driving before I purchased it. The dealership in Birmingham, AL my husband and son went to, is a great place to purchase a car. The salesman and my husband & son brought the car to me, I couldn't go to the dealership at the time. I told them I wanted leather not cloth interior, they scheduled the change and I owned it. I will say that BIG (280+ lb) folks probably wouldn't be as comfortable as me driving or riding in it. But for me its the greatest car (I'm 5'4, husband and men children are 6'+ and less than 280 lbs, and they love driving it too. In fact, they find excuses to drive it for a day-"you need your oil changed", or "let me wash your car today"). (we also own Hondas and a Crysler) We've taken it on cross country trips with 4 people in the car and it was very comfortable for all. I wouldn't recommend 5 passengers for long trips unless they are smaller children (less than 13, as the middle back seat is small). It holds tons of luggage or stuff. Groceries will roll around in the back of the car if not secured by the net (came with the car). My husband & I built a 980 sq ft deck in our back yard 2 years ago and hauled all of the materials from Lowes in my 4Runner-about 4 trips over 2 weeks-2 or 3 hundred lbs of wood per trip. With the back window down it was easy. I get about 20 mtg in the city going back and forth to work. I found that if I drive 55 on the hwy I can get 28mpg, but let's face it, who wants to do that. At 70mph I average 24, at 80mph to 85mph about 22. I'll keep driving this car for at least 5 more years if not longer! The original black paint and silver trim make my car hot! It's a beauty even after 5 years. This is a great car.

Wow

by Aimee from Sacramento, CA on Mon Feb 23 2015

My car was in shop one day for maintenance so my friend at work let me borrow her 4-Runner to run an errand. Very impressed. 220,000 miles on it and it drives like its brand new. I asked her if she has had any problems with it, she said the only thing they had to fix other than maintenance is the AC knob and that only cost $20.00.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7