2005 4Runner

2005 Toyota 4Runner

2005 Toyota 4Runner

Have You Driven the 2005 Toyota 4Runner?

great value

by kt from frederick md on Sun Sep 27 2009

this is a very comfortable reliable and safe vehicle i wold recommend a test drive if youre in the market for one you will not be dissapointed!!!!!!!!

4runner forever

by ek from New Jersey, USA on Tue Mar 30 2010

One of the snowiest winters on record for the Northeast and I never missed a day of work thanks to my 4Runner. This baby powered through the snow and anything else Mother Nature could throw at me. The interrior made me forget about the harsh conditions outside. I waited a long time to purchase this truck and I hope to keep it even longer.

awesome vehicle

by my 4th new toyota from elizabeth pa on Tue Sep 16 2008

solid vehicle, i have 95,000 miles and it runs like new. i also own a saturn(no comparison), the toyota is built much better.

Very Happy

by 4Runner Enthusiast from Montgomery, AL on Thu Dec 08 2011

My 1998 4Runner was total. After looking at lots of CUV I returned to my true love. I bought this 2005 4Runner with 145K miles: very pleased. I went shopping for a '99 - '02 until I drove this. The vastly improved 4.0 engine was well worth the extra price. I get better power AND better fuel economy. Not extraordinary, but up to 24 MPG on the highway. The ground clearance is less, now I have to raise the front wheels to get under and change oil. But, the new oil filter placement (up top) is SO much more convenient. I prefer the styling of the 97 - 01 models, the more squared truck look. But, oh well. The 115V AC outlet is very convenient. What I hate: the silly push-button knobs for heater controls. They look like rotate but require push to select. Very awkward, lousy design. The heated seats are also sweet. I have no use for the rear collapsible storage cover, I wish it were easy to remove. The rear seats fold so much easier, no need to remove the headrests. All in all I'm very pleased. Even my wife likes it, she now drives it more than her 2012 Sorento. So now I get to replace the stereo with a full screen/bluetooth/XM sat/ model. BTW, the 7" screen on the JVC AVX840 won't fit, too tall.

Favorite car so far

by Tommy from Bend, Oregon on Mon Aug 21 2006

I just found my car online, and figured I owed it to Toyota to review it... :) I don't usually fill these things out.. Upgraded from a Mitsubishi Montero and couldn't be happier..

Best Choice I could have made

by Woodcanoe from Philadelphia, PA on Thu Oct 31 2013

I bought this model on the advice from a friend who also owns one. In fact, his recommendation was so adamant and immediate, it really made an impression. Everything he said was right: Don't bother with the V-8, there's plenty of power and zip in the 6. The handling reminds him of a 3-series BMW he had and I can tell you that it is tight and the suspension is quiet. This car had 85K on it when I purchased it and it may as well have had 10K. It's still a new vehicle in many respects. I will use this vehicle to get into the back county and for some light hauling. I just loaded it up with a little over a half cord of wood and it handled the additional weight like it was nothing, no noticeable problems on corners or extended distance in braking. It is a great SUV.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Only Toyota for now on

by Mr. Oli from Maple Valley, WA on Fri Sep 22 2006

I have had this vehicle for 10 months and absolutely love it... The 4 wheel drive is the most powerful I have come across in mud, snow, and water, tows my boats great, and comes with awesome handling, I had to give it a little less rating for the stereo being so large with a cassette tape deck... Do people still use cassettes? I was lucky enough to still have a few from college in the 90's to try and see if it really worked.... Overall I could not be happier and will not buy another brand of vehicle again....

Great SUV

by Chucky from Appleton, wi on Sun Sep 20 2015

Great SUV so far so good. Was a little surprised the amount of frame rust...But every other area of this truck,besides the sound system, is off the chart..

Knew there would be no dissapointments

by BQTRD from Hialeah, Florida on Mon Oct 08 2007

Bought my fully loaded 4 runner SR5 with 11,800 miles it's 2005 even has that new car smell still"cool".I have been intrigued with a Toyota 4 runner after owning a TT 94 Supra that i sold recently due to no room for anything but win races i outgrew it.But after 186,000 miles on my 89 Astro it finally let go my second car,now I need a car or truck to get to work.So I went to Kendall Toyota and fell in love with this 4 Runner that had just got turned in and i knew this one was for me when i saw it had everything I liked and in excellent condition and very low miles and the rest is history.Have been happy since love looking at it heck i even feel like a kid again.This is the reason Toyota is on top of their game.My wife Has leased Audi's for 8 years she drove the 4 Runner even she wants to drive my 4 Runner and give me here 05 Audi A4.No way get your own i say well it will be hers when her Audi lease is up and i will get a newer 4 Runner again .Test drive you will be impressed with no dissapointments .True story I'm a Toyota owner again.I'm Back and lovin it.QTRD lives.

SIMPLY SUBLIME

by KAIZEN from LAWTON, OK on Tue Oct 03 2006

SUBLIME DRIVING EXPERIENCE. BANKVAULT LIKE, SOLID CONSTRUCTION. SUPERBLY CAPABLE, ON AND OFF ROAD. OOZES QUALITY. IT IS A TOYOTA, AND THAT SAYS IT ALL. SIMPLY SUPERLATIVE IN EVERY ASPECT.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7