2008 4Runner

2008 Toyota 4Runner

2008 Toyota 4Runner

Have You Driven the 2008 Toyota 4Runner?

The Best Car I've owned

by Travel from California on Wed May 08 2019

It's just the right size, has very comfortable seats and is loaded with technology! If you're looking for a new crossover in this segment, put this one on your short list to test drive.

Best car ever owned

by Csmirh on Mon May 28 2018

By far most reliable for money. I would not buy anything else. Never had a problem under the hood. Tires and oil changes are all I did for 10 years.

Best 4X4 out there

by Southerngal from North Carolina on Thu Jul 27 2017

I absolutely loved my 4runner while I owned it. The interior was basic, the back window is the best, and the V8 goes. These vehicles are built for high mileage and anyone who might be a little rough on their car. That being said, do your research. High mileage vehicles require plenty of maintenance and this vehicle has a few kinks with the V8 that require a bypass or lots of engine work. Well worht the money especially if you know a mechanic. Also the head unit in the JVC radio will probably go bad. Otherwise this car is amazing. It definitely is a great vehicle for anyone looking for something a it larger that drive well and is reliable.

I love the style and the comfort

by JLM from Denver, CO on Thu Aug 17 2017

Great vehicle for a daily commute, but also can use in 4 wheel drive which is great for Colorado Mountain trips and the winter snows.

just the best

by 4runner from boston ma on Thu Mar 02 2017

On my 2nd 4 runner will buy nothing else, dependable, comfortable and so much better than the Jeep brand

They are the energizer bunny of vehicles

by DIXIEMAMA72 from Dakota Dunes, sd on Mon Dec 11 2017

We have owned 4 and other than tires and service they are never in the shop. They hold their resale value better than any other and people fight for our traded in vehicles. That is true for no matter what year of the vehicle I will likeky never own anything BUT a 4 runner or Tacoma

Top of the line SUV in every way,

by patmeyers52 from Columbia, MO on Wed Aug 02 2017

This is defiantly a top of the line SUV in every way. Thus SUV has incredibly versatility, exceptional reliability and a great ride whatever the terrain. This car has never failed me and has been a great family. I have never taken it off road or towed with it but it comes with all those necessary extras.

New with Toyota....

by coconutbean from Upstate NY on Tue Jul 28 2009

I just purchase an '08 4Runner with a mere 15,000 miles (hardly broken in!) I traded in a '05 Pathfinder, which I bought new and truly enjoyed for the three plus years I owned it. This is my first 4Runner and so far I'm impressed. There is quite a bit more room in the 4Runner compared to the Pathfinder. The 4Runner is more plush and drives more like a car. This was something I wasn't sure I'd like because I actually enjoyed the trucky feeling of the Pathfinder. However, in just one short week I'm already loving my new ride! I was looking for something that would tow my 4500 lb camper without any issues...so I did opt for the V8, which is rated at 7000 lbs for 4X4 (althought the V6 is rated for 5000 lbs) but I figured the 8 would be better for more frequent trips. The 4Runner came with a sunroof, 17" tires and radio controls on the steering wheel...all options that I would have wanted if I bought it brand new. It also came equipped with power seats, however, they are not memory - I wish they were because I'm fairly short and my husband is quite tall, so the manual seats or memory would have probably been better in this case, but I'm not complaining, at lease we can adjust the seat height as well. We also have two Labrador's who love their rides and the back has plenty of room for them especially with the rear seat down...it is huge and lays flat (no third row seat). They are enjoying their new ride too! I'm looking forward to owning my 4Runner for quite a long time...

Outstanding car

by Ray from Lancaster, SC on Wed Oct 24 2012

I had owned a 1998 4Runner for 10 years and put 268000 on it. It was the most reliable car I had ever owned but did ride a little rough. Seven months ago I traded for a 2008 4 runner with 58000 miles. So far I have been very impressed with the car in every respect. It rides and drives like a dream and gets better mileage than my 98 4Runner. But what impresses me the most is the incredible power this car has. It has a v6 engine but performs like a v8. My wife has a 2006 Honda Pilot and she keeps trying to trade with me. She is very impressed with the smooth ride and lack of noise. I believe this car will out last my 98 4Runner.

A Truly Great All-Round Performer

by Car Scrooge from Northern VA on Sat Feb 14 2009

My car just rolled over t0 203,000 miles. I bought this Toyota (US made in Kentucky) as a new car in Virginia and it has been driven all over the US and Europe, too. As a basic DX model, it came with just the features I wanted (pwr doors/windows, AC, AM-FM, rear defroster, front discs, etc.). Always started, never left me stranded. Like other reviewers, I still get 30+ mpg (slightly less in winter). Recommend Yokohama Avid Touring tires. Repair parts are plentiful from non-dealer stores. Wish they still made a car like this, without a lot of frills that I will never use.

Our Take on the 2008 Toyota 4Runner

4Runner is a Tough-Looking SUV That Can Handle the Kids, Too

Overview

The 2008 Toyota 4Runner is a seriously cool truck. It’s a testosterone-loaded, V-8, 4×4 super truck that just happens to work pretty darn well as a kid-hauler. Just because something can tow 7,300 pounds doesn’t mean it can handle my boys, but this SUV wrangles both with authority. And as an added bonus, it makes Mom look tough.

Living with the 4Runner is kind of a power trip. Stepping on the gas produces a muted growl and powerful launch; it’s not super quiet, but it’s not obnoxiously loud either. The V-8 engine handles hills without a hitch and hauls more than I would ever care to load into an SUV... Read More