2010 4Runner

2010 Toyota 4Runner

2010 Toyota 4Runner

4.4

Have You Driven the 2010 Toyota 4Runner?

Not a happy camper

by b&bowner from on Tue Dec 11 2012

This is my 2nd 4-Runner and my 4th Toyota. I couldn't wait to own another 4-Runner and now I am disappointed. Even though I bought it new it is already rusting around the back door handle. I have had it to the dealer and filed my complaint with Toyota with no help from them. I just feel that when you pay $35 grand for an SUV the body should last for longer than 2 years. I am already looking at another vehicle and it's not a Toyota. I also feel it doesn't have enough horsepower for it's size. I love the paint, it's the special white color they charge extra for but it's not so pretty when it rusts.

alot of compliments

by hoss from oklahoma city ok on Fri Mar 26 2010

purchased the 4 runner in dec. 09. the new design is more aggressive, not such a chick design. the only thing i dont like is the placement of the cruise control controls, and the combination of the windshield wiper controls for the windshield and the liftgate.. to confusing, on the same stick. i got the limited, in black, and put new dale jr. chrome wheels on it, looks sharp, but it was pricy, and the dealers dont want to deal on them because they are selling all they can get.

Slam Dunk

by Longbow from Low Country SC on Sun Oct 21 2018

This is my 2nd 4Runner. The first was a 2002. The new generation is much bigger, as big inside as a current-generation Tahoe. Muscular exterior is very attractive. Interior is comfortable and well-appointed. I am not sure about the sliding tray in back -- it uses up some cargo space. Would have preferred a flat floor. Otherwise it's all good. Having AC as well as DC outlets is nice. Acceleration and mpg are fine. Works well as daily driver, towing boat and hunting. Much as I liked my '02, this one was an easy choice.

OK

by P from Oh on Mon Feb 08 2010

Marginal at best, was expecting a bit more in terms of quality workmanship and features (example: poor functioning bluetooth mic dealer says is fine). I hope it fires up for many miles as Toys typically do but for more than that spend your money elsewhwere. Positives - reasonably quiet and smooth, wiper heater, roomier than last version, decent performance in snow. Negatives - poor highway acceleration, not a very comfortable driver position, exposed antenna?, bluetooth mic is almost non functional while driving, marginal rear wiper, no memory seats, only one option for tires on 20" wheels, no running boards....

Exterior Design

by 5 of 4runners from San Antonio TX on Tue Aug 10 2010

As part of a family who has had 5 4Runners, a 1996, 2 - 1999's, a 2001, and a 2005, I had planned on staying with the 4Runner forever. I love my 2005. The new design with the bulging lights (yuck), the stick antenna, the seemingly larger design, will have me looking elsewhere when I am ready to buy. It may run well, have fun new interior features, but I the exterior kills it for me. Hopefully, there will be some gently used 2009's for sale.

Does not recommend this car!!

Most versatile car i've ever driven!

by Nattyselect from Blairsville, Georgia on Wed Jul 19 2017

This 4runner is the most well balanced vehicle when it comes to everything one could look for in a car!

Best car ever!!!

by Kandy from Bullhead city az. on Wed Jan 10 2018

This car is the best!! Not only beautiful but handles like a dream..love love love it!!so much room front and back. Great for transporting anything from kids to lumber!!

Good on Gas, nice exterior.

by Cowboy from Fl on Sun Jul 23 2017

I needed something smaller than my Tahoe but big enough for my dog. Not as plush as my Tahoe, but it suits my needs.

Reliable, Safe, Rugged. I love my 4runner!

by L1881HS from Chicago, IL on Thu Oct 11 2018

I've always wanted a 4runner and finally found the perfect one for me. I went from driving a small sedan to this large SUV and I couldn't be happier. So much room for all of my stuff and my dog, too! I feel very secure and safe in this vehicle - I'm so glad I made this decision!

Style - Comfort -Drives Great - Keeps Value

by Bob Surf Man from Port St lucie Fl on Sat May 18 2019

I had a Toyota Highlander and traded for the 4 Runner which gives me the extra room I wanted for my surf fishing experiences , the rear cargo slide out tray makes it ideal to load my fishing gear very good feature.

Our Take on the 2010 Toyota 4Runner

The completely redesigned 2010 Toyota 4Runner reminds me why Americans fell in love with truck-based SUVs — and why we’re falling out of love with them. If you’re someone who wants a rugged, off-road-capable truck — or simply wants the rugged look — you’ll find the 4Runner a strong competitor to the likes of Nissan’s Pathfinder and the 2010 Ford Explorer. If you’re simply looking for the utility of a vehicle with good visibility, four powered wheels and a liftgate, chances are you’d be happier with a Toyota RAV4, Toyota Highlander or another of the car-based crossovers to which buyers have flocked.

The 2010 has made some sacrifices in towing capacity in the... Read More