2017 4Runner

2017 Toyota 4Runner

2017 Toyota 4Runner

5 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have You Driven the 2017 Toyota 4Runner?

Pretty Bada**

by DrBret from Athens, GA on Sat Dec 14 2019

I was immediately blown away by my new 4runner when it arrived on delivery. The pictures didn't do the color and style justice! It's a bit larger in body size than I expected, but getting used to it. Handles great, and impressed with responsive stearing control given the large wheels and base. I'm super happy and I think I'll hold on to this one for a while!

Looks great, smooth ride, little light on power

by Jv from Barberton, OH on Tue Jan 14 2020

I really enjoy my 4Runner. The style, comfort and amenities are outstanding. Only problem is that the V6 seems like it needs some boost in acceleration. I don’t drive fast, but it would be nice to have some more get up and go

I love it, but needs a fee changes

by Athletic Mom from Goose Creek, SC on Thu Nov 30 2017

I love the 4 Runner.. needs a few updated though: Needs Air conditioning for 3rd row, could use better lighting throughout vehicle, and would have been great to have the 3rd row seat recline just a bit.

Dependability

by malamutemom from alton, nh on Fri May 12 2017

I traded a 2013 loaded kia sportage for the 4runner. My only two complaints are the gas mileage and the lack of electronics. The 4runner is capable, attractive and a tank. It's fun to drive. It has some advanced features but I guess when you think of a car made in Japan you would expect the top of the line. I like that it can read incoming text message. I like the home screen of the touch screen with it's 4 most dialed presets. The navigation is a bit confusing in that the navigation map is stationary north/south directions. Your vehicle (on the map) turns east, west, or drives downwards if headed south. In my old car, it always showed you driving upwards (or straight ahead based on your perception) so the turning every which way is spacially confusing to me. The vehicle has a backup camera but no sensors when you backup. Thankfully the cabin design is such that the A/B/C posts don't impede your view as much as other vehicles and you really get good all around sight lines. I'm a dog mom, so I love the way the back seats fold, creating a natural barrier keeping the dog from jumping into the front seat!

Another great 4Runner

by Wuzzer from Lancaster N.Y. on Sun Jan 28 2018

Took delivery of my TRD OFF ROAD 4RUNNER in July. This 4Runners is our second one. Our first one was a 2007 sport. Most reliable vehicle we've ever had. Traded it with 150,000 miles for the new TRD OFF ROAD. Really love the new one. Smooth ride, comfortable seats Nice climate control and roomy. Gas mileage is around 18 mpg combined. Love the truck feel. No unibody here! Only knock is lack of led interior lighting and led or hid headlights.

Most cool car ever!

by Jackson cr from Littleton on Tue Jul 25 2017

Finally I got my dream car. It works really well, one thing I need is not much storage in the car compare to Honda Pilot.

Greatest car I've ever had

by TristanM on Sun Aug 13 2017

This car meets all my needs. Great styling inside and outside. Perfect for a family, or great for a single driver like me.

I had one before! Needed a new one!

by Carol four wheeling from Valley Springs California on Sun Jun 17 2018

This car is everything I need and want! Great car and great price! Has a lot of room for family and my dogs!!!! Has the four wheel drive I wanted now some off roaming time.

1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Our Take on the 2017 Toyota 4Runner

The verdict:

The 2017 Toyota 4Runner is an affordable, no-frills, off-road-capable SUV with a hint of weekend-toy fun factor.

Versus the competition:

If the 4Runner TRD Off-Road were a Jeep, its capabilities and luxuries would fall somewhere between the primitive-but-capable Jeep Wrangler and the more refined Jeep Grand Cherokee.

The 2017 Toyota 4Runner is slowly becoming one of a kind thanks to a focus on off-road capabilities and ruggedness rather than the refinement, passenger comfort and crash avoidance technologies that are prioritized in competing models. If you’d like the latter, there are a plethora of car-based SUVs out there, like the Toyota Highlander and Honda Pilot, to get the family around in leather-trimmed comfort. The 4Runner, on the other hand, has hardware better suited for weekend camping trips, mountainous exploration or, as I found, oddly good maneuvering of an urban landscape.

What makes it so capable? The Toyota 4Runner retains body-on-frame construction, a once-common chassis type that’s given... Read More