2007 Camry

2007 Toyota Camry

2007 Toyota Camry

4.2

4 out of 5 stars Performance

Have You Driven the 2007 Toyota Camry?

Comfort and dependability

by Camry4ever from Kansas on Thu Apr 14 2016

I bought my 07 XLE 4cyl in May 2010 with 26k miles. Six years later, it has 212,000 miles and I have only had to do basic maintenance. The ride is still as comfortable as the first day I purchased it. With basic upkeep, the leather stays soft and pliable and continues to offer support and comfort to passengers. Nobody believes it has the miles it has. This is my 4th Camry, which I have driven all over 200k mark. We are keeping this one as we purchase another "new to us" Camry XLE 4cyl, because my husband would rather drive it than his truck. On the highway, it gets a solid 34-36 mpg. Combined in/out of town driving is 29/31mpg. I have never lacked for power and it uses no oil. I can't imagine switching to any other kind of vehicle.

Best Camry ever driven !!

by Maxwell from Texas on Wed Nov 15 2006

I am surprised to see that so many people left negative feedback for 2007 Camry. Folks, let me tell you. This is the best Camry out there and probably the best car in its segment. Go test drive one and you will end up buying one. I test drove Accord and Altima but at the end I settled for a LE V6 model with alloy wheels and remote start.

A Great Automobile

by Vetteman from Tampa, FL on Mon Aug 06 2012

Bought this car new and traded in my Honda Accord and it was the best move I ever made. I put over 90,00 miles on it and have not spent a dime on anything but routine maintenance. Great gas mileage, just as advertised. Buying a new model cause I can. It will be tough for me to ever buy anything else after owning Toyota.

Best Car I Have Owned

by Best Car from Austin, TX on Thu Jun 04 2009

I had this car for 2yrs it was the best car i ever i had. I just got in a terrible accident Monday June 1st where i got side swipped by a truck going 45miles per hr and i would have to say this car saved my life and my brothers, we both came out of this accident without a scratch, all the airbags worked properly, the windows broke correctly and even the seat on impact moved over without breaking. I am very upset to have lost this car but i am looking for another one to replace my baby. This is one of the safest cars out there!

Toyota Quality?

by Alex from VA on Wed Oct 31 2007

Let me start by saying that I bought this car back in July on assumptions that Toyota products were built of superior quality compared to many other car manufacturers. I had also owned 2 prior Camrys, so my personal experience coupled with Toyota's reputation made this seem like a smart buy. WRONG. After driving this car for 4 months, I've come to realize that Toyota quality is slipping. I've taken the car into the dealership 5 times for annoying interior noises, such as squeaking, creaking, clicking, among others coming from the dash and center consol. They did admit that they heard the noise, and have taken successive steps in installing foam insulation to help muffle the problem. But the more insulation they install, the worse the sound gets. And to back up...should a brand new car require foam being stuffed into the crevices to help minimize a problem that shouldn't be there in the first place? That was problem 1. Minor in the grand scheme of things, but I didn't pay 20k+ for a car to sound like a tin can. Problem 2...and perhaps even more deterring...the fuel economy. The car was stated at 24/33. Based on my other Camrys, this seemed realistic. But, with my daily 50 mile drive to work, ALL interstate, I've yet to break 26. Granted, I'm a conservative driver, so in going 65 I'd expect much, much better fuel economy. Oh, and mind you this is a 4 cylinder. Complete junk. I've read other reviews on this car, with people complaining about the comfort of the interior and general build of the model. I can't say anything bad about the interior comfort or design, they seem to suit me...until something else breaks. But in reading everyone's complaints about the transmission problems, I have to agree that the car is sluggish and generally has a hard time shifting between gears. I experience random and erratic shifting, uncommon to the transmission inherent of a Toyota. But with all the other poor reviews, I realize I'm not alone. Perhaps next time I'll actually read consumer reviews before purchasing, and not base this solely on historic experience.

Does not recommend this car!!

Outstanding car for 20K!

by dave from DFW on Thu May 21 2009

Outstanding car for 20K! I love everything, little more power maybe, for take offs. I?m 6?5, even my brother?s Lexus GS300 isn?t that roomy. I tried Altima and Accord, but Camry is roomier, quieter, and more economical and no other car can even touch Camry?s resale value.

Great buy

by Montana from Fall River MA on Thu Dec 16 2010

what else you can get for the same price with the same intereior room, comfort, reliability and resale value? 65ooo miles, I"m glade I geve my money to toyota.

Great car

by Satisfied Owner from Mpls, Mn on Tue Feb 12 2008

I have read mixed reviews on the 2007 Camry, but mine has been flawless. The car is smooth, and refined. It has peformed well, and you can feel the quality throughout when you drive. I can see why it is the benchmark for other sedans.

great car great gas mileage:)

by luv my camry from California on Tue May 05 2009

I love my 07 Camry hybrid. My Camry is beautiful, gas efficient, great audio system (standard),is globally responsible and has been very reliable. My only complaint is that because I am vertically challenged (5'0") it is difficult to see around the side air bags around the windshield. Other than this I love driving this car!!

It's what you would expect

by Camry Owner from Massachusetts on Fri Dec 25 2009

I bought a 2007 Camry CE with manual transmission. I decided to buy the Camry because of the Toyota history of reliability, moderate price and it came with anti-lock breaks and front/side airbags. The downside to the CE was that it does not come with keyless entry, but I was able to add it after market for less than $500. After 3 years and 40K+ miles, here are my pros and cons for the car: Pros: No mechanical or fit/finish problems to date, Spacious interior, Steering wheel mounted audio controls Cons: 'Loose' handling feel, Tires that came with the car had poor traction in mild winter conditions, Doesn't come with electronic stabilit control (ESC) standard, Bad gas mileage considering performance and that it is a 4 cylinder standard transmission car(only about 23 average), Weird blue lighting in center dash Overall, its a solid car for the money. Make sure you get ESC if you are buying a Camry.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 26

Our Take on the 2007 Toyota Camry

A new 2007 Camry has begun to arrive at dealerships with reworked exterior styling, upgraded drivetrains and other refinements. The trim levels, in ascending value, are CE, LE, sporty SE and premium XLE. Roughly three months from now, a hybrid version built right here in the U.S. will hit the streets.

Unfortunately, the Camry Hybrid follows the usual formula: It's a hybrid equivalent of the Camry's top, XLE, trim level. So first you have to pony up the cash for the most expensive Camry version, then pay whatever premium is on top of that for the hybrid aspect. Someday hybrid technology will be a drivetrain option on any trim level, but not until costs come down dramatically.

Exterior