2012 Camry

2012 Toyota Camry

$187 - $23,795  MSRP Range
2012 Toyota Camry

4.5

Have you driven the 2012 Toyota Camry?

Fantastic all around

by Cautious buyer from Southern Illinois on Tue Apr 03 2012

I researched new cars in the $25,000 range. Safety and reliability are my two most important criteria. It came down to the Toyota Camry, Honda Accord and Honda CRV. My wife and I test drove all three and the decision was very obvious, CAMRY! It shifted smoothly, was very quiet, no road noise, comfortable, plenty of front and rear leg room, looked great and great mpg. I currently have another Honda and Toyota in my family, but the Toyota's are overall better cars. The Accord was noisy, rough shifting, terrible seats in the EX I drove. The CRV was better than the Accord, but it had no rear seat room (I have two tall kids), it also had no power to pass. Trust me, drive a Camry and you will be sold. I am 50 and have not enjoyed driving a car this much in a long time.

First time Camry owner

by SE MN couple from Rochester, MN on Fri Apr 20 2012

We have owned this Camry XLE 4 cylinder for over a month and already have almost 2000 mi on it. We were attracted to it's newly refreshed 2012 design, especially the roomy quiet high quality interior, high gas mileage/MPGs, & long standing quality reputation vs competitive products. We wanted a vehicle that offered dual climate controls and heated leather seats to alleviate my wife's lower back problems. In addition due to other medical issues a backup camera and fast winter warming engine were important options. INTERIOR: Toyota uses soft touch materials in areas you come in contact with and a gorgeous stitched dash. Everything is within easy reach and the steering wheel controls allow for all audio, phone (a highly accurate voice command system) and cruise settings . The bluetooth, mid price Nav package & Entune using our Samsung phones work great. The leather seats are very comfortable for long trips and the seat heaters have mutiple adjusted ranges. I am 6'4" & head room and general driving comfort than our Jeep even with 2 large guy adults in the rear seat we had plenty of head/leg room left and we do have a sunroof (Toyota designed theirs to NOT affect rear seat headroom). Note some reviewers have dinged the ugly fake wood in the XLE, but there isn't much of it. My only dings is cheap thin carpet for a luxury pkg & you have to buy your own mats. MPG is very good. Best case got 40 mpg on a freeway trip (no AC or wind) but typical is the rated 35 altho getting 29 in suburban/city driving. QUALITY. No initial problems. Design quality concerns that side mirrors too small (put on small convex mirror, Toyo's BSM option better if you can find it). Auto headlights don't come on with wipers but daytime run lights always on. I plan to run car 10 yrs 150k mis so low cost of ownership attractive, very little maintenance required vs competition & insurance costs lowest of all. XLE has Michelin Primacy MXV4 hi rated 17" tires, not Turanzas.

A Great Car for the Dollar

by Alleycat10 from Cumming, GA on Sat Dec 31 2011

I just bought a 2012 Camry SE base model with power driver seat, body side moldings and carpeted floor mats. It is really quiet, has a smooth paddle-shiftable six-speed transmission and very comfortable seating. I like the firm suspension, but feel that the steering could use a bit more feedback. I test-drove a Honda Accord and liked it, except for the uncomfortable driver seat and the high interior noise level. I also drove a 2012 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 sedan, purposely testing it and the Camry SE on a very rough stretch of pavement. The Camry ride was much better than that of the Genesis which I found to be unstable and bouncy on rough roads, not what I would expect from a near-luxury car. Of these three vehicles, the Camry is the best car for the dollar, considering interior and trunk space, features, handling and fuel economy. The Camry is a bargain from my perspective.

NEW TO TOYOTA

by VAREBEL from Aylett, Va. on Sun Nov 04 2012

I was searching for a reliable car and decided to test drive the 12 Camry and 13 Accord. I bought the Camry for these reasons: 1. The Camry seats are more comfortable. 2. On the interstate the Camry was much quieter. It could be the Goodyear tires on the Accord, but there was too much road noise for me. The ride over bumps were absorbed better by the Camry. Also got a 2-year maintenance plan and roadside assistance with Camry. Trip computer citing average 34.4 mpg. Accord seemed cheaper on the inside. Both had adequate power and smooth transmissions.

2012 Camry LE 2.5

by wiseoldfart from Bonita Springs, FL on Thu Jun 07 2012

I've got 1300 miles on my 2012 Camry LE 2.5. I can't find anything wrong with it. I checked the oil dipstick at 50 miles. Full and clear. I checked it at 1200 miles. Full and clear. Everything works perfectly. I do wish the LE came with the Michelin Primacy tires I had on my last car, but these tires are adequate for the way I drive. Perhaps it's the tire and steel wheel combo, but some road surfaces emit a bit of road noise. Most road surfaces don't. It's not a problem. It's still a reasonably quiet ride. I like the steering and I'm impressed with the engine and 6AT. Both are smoother and quieter than I expected and the engine has plenty of power for me even with the A/C on and a passenger aboard. That was a concern until I test drove this car. This is the right car at the right time for me. I didn't like the previous model enough to buy one. This car is so much better and I even like its looks inside and out.

Bulletproof

by old faithful from Chicago il on Sat Dec 10 2011

Was in the market for a car for quite a few months. Looked at all types but kept coming back to the camry. I am so glad I did. First let me say I am a returning camry owner,08. What a difference! While I did like the old body style the new one is a bit more muscular. The interior is comparable with a lexus. At the time the interior was nice but compared to the 12's not a chance. I was so pleased with my 08 that I had to buy another. The 08 had 62k on it and not one problem ever! I coach both my sons baseball and football teams and the car was a work horse. from daily city driving to picking up 7 kids in the car with loads of equipment in the trunk. I even fit my sons bmx bike in the trunk! My wife has an audi A4 it is in the shop once every 3 months. From bad breaks to leaking head gaskets. Service is absurdly expensive and is always jammed packed. that would be my first red flag! Anyway, my 12 SE is fantastic i couldnt as for anything more. Paid 21,600 for the car and got 2.2% financing. My payment is the same from my 08. I cant wait to take a long drive just so i could enjoy this car more. I told my wife we could by two SE's for the price of a new A4 she wants, not listening though..By far the best camry i have owned.

Love my Camry

by Camry Girl from Raleigh, NC on Tue Apr 10 2012

I went into the dealership to buy a Corolla, which is what my husband has (and really likes)--but I soon realized that I'd rather have the lowest level of Camry, the L model, than the highest level of Corolla. It was really just an afterthought that I asked the salesman for a test drive of the Camry. I believe that most people will buy the Camry if they have a test drive. It's so quiet and smooth--and since I do a lot of highway driving, I like that it's bigger than the Corolla. My L came with the same safety features as the XLE, Bluetooth, USB port for iPod; and mine also came with remote keyless entry and floor mats (the salesman explained that the dealer chooses those options for all of their cars)...I'm very, very happy!

Good car BUT

by hiho from Oklahoma City, Ok. on Fri Jan 09 2015

I bought a 2012 Camry SE with the factory nav system. I am VERY unhappy with the nav system. The map update is just now available that shows a new section interstate that is 3 YEARS old. The price of the update and the labor for installation is out of reason. The price of the factory system should have included updates for at least the first 3 years or out of warranty. I contacted Toyota and received NO satisfaction on my compliant. I would NEVER buy a Toyota with a nav system, in fact I am not sure I will ever buy another Toyota in view of the response I got from Toyota on helping with a price reduction for the update.That nav system should have been state of the art. It is not anywhere close.

Does not recommend this car!!

Very refined Camry SE I4 over beautiful Optima LX

by dlc7 from Granst Pass, OR on Thu Apr 26 2012

I first saw the KIA Optima and was so impressed with the styling of the car that I was convincingly set upon purchasing this KIA. I test drove an LX model three times and felt the car was very good and solid though not necessarily great. The price, warranty, and even the great KIA salesperson literally had me sold on the Optima, I really wanted this car. Then my wife convinces me to check out Toyota, I go to the Toyota dealer and examine a Camry L on sale which did not sway me over the beautiful Optima. After some research I discover the Camry SE has paddle shifters and a tuned suspension which prompted my interest. So I go back to Toyota and take the Camry SE I4 out for a spin and wow! Immediately, compared to the Optima the Camry's ride felt amazingly silent and smooth with very sporty and composed handling, it seemed as if I had driven this car for years because everything felt so natural. The Optima is a great car and definitely a looker although I have no regret purchasing the Camry SE. After a long trip the Camry felt serene yet very capable in handling and performance while easily achieving 35mpg. The Bluetooth works great as does the touch screen functions for the stereo and for monitoring the real-time fuel consumption, this car is a very spacious and comfortable commuter and people hauler. The only improvements I can observe so far are the cheap looking simulated brushed aluminum interior trim pieces. The brakes are very powerful but lack feel, it's taking a little time to get adjust to it. It seems like Toyota put a lot of time to make the Camry remain competitive through meticulous refinement which cannot be observed in reading reviews but actually driving the car in the real world.

First Camry - 5th Toyota

by Just Drive from Atlanta on Fri Jun 22 2012

I have the 2012 SE and I love it. It is quiet, smooth and has a nice sleek look from the front. The controls on the steering wheel are easy to use along with the standard GPS/radio. The Camry handles very well since it does have sport suspension. I still can't believe how quiet the car is on the highway - very little road noise. Very impressed.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 25

Our Take on the 2012 Toyota Camry

I've met plenty of Toyota Camry owners. To date, zero have raved about their car, yet the Camry's sensible qualities attract shoppers in droves. Even in its final year, the outgoing Camry outsold all its competitors — and beat all but one of them in Cars.com's family sedan Shootout last year. Redesigned for 2012, the Camry and its winning formula continue.

While the 2012 Toyota Camry lacks the instant appeal of some competitors, a number of important, incremental improvements make it a ratings-worthy contender for any family-car shopper.

The five-seat sedan comes in L, LE, XLE and sport-tuned SE trims. A four-cylinder engine is standard, with a V-6 optional on the SE... Read More