2004 Toyota Highlander

Been Driving Mine for 6+ Years--Still Going Strong

by from Chicago, Illinois on June 30, 2010

Bought my Limited new in May of 2004. Have only put about 42,000 miles on it. It still drives like new. Ive never had any need to do anything except routine maintenance. I will mention that in stop and go (read city expressway at rush hour) there is a bit of a hesitation when trying to accellerate quickly--has always bugged me jsut a bit. Otherwise I think it is a terrific vehicle... and to-date, my favorite car that Ive owned. Highly recommended.

Very good value

by from new jersey on December 3, 2006

This is a very reliable and comfortable vehicle. Easy to drive and tackles the snow easily. Stability control is working great on slippery roads. If you do not need lexus badges, memory seats and couple of other high end futures which you will not use much, you will save at least $10K over RX330 when you buy a used or new.

A Great Car!

by from on July 13, 2009

What a great car for anyone: families, college students, couples... I love my Highlander! It has been so reliable and comfortable for my family of 5.

Lucky So Far

by from West Chicago suburbs on April 24, 2011

Bought our V6 new, we now have 109k on it. Really a great car. Very reliable! The only issue is with the cloth seats, which get dirty easily. Otherwise, very happy with the car.

So far so good.......no complaints

by from Chicago suburbs on June 14, 2011

This has been a great car. Now at 111k and going strong, with only a timing belt change at 90k and power steering problem fixed under warranty. Car was broadsided by DUI individual, my kids emerged unscathed. Fixed by Toyota, we expect many more years out of it, until the next car, another Highlander of course. Very happy with the purchase when new, didn't think we would like it like we do.

Very pleased

by from Palmdale, Ca on March 19, 2012

Bought 2004 Toyota Highlander Limited, fully loaded, one owner, superb CarFax, with 101,000 miles. Very pleased

100% reliable 24/7

by from Richmond KY on March 2, 2017

As usual for Toyota's, very dependable. I've owned it for 3+ years this one and never had a critical issue. Always there for me

I love my Highlander

by from Pennsylvania on October 7, 2015

This was my moms car, and I still have drive it everyday. The transmission is a little weak because the car is so heavy and it's such a small engine. Other than that, it is very reliable and it handles very well in snow

2004 Highlander Limited

by from Minnesota on February 1, 2012

Bought new and it's been a great SUV. No major issues. Stock tires only lasted 30K. Third seat is great for my kids and their friends. I didn't realize how much I needed or would use it until after I had it.

Still the best vehicle

by from Maryland on April 11, 2013

My 2004 Toyota Highlander runs as smooth and comfortable as it did the day I bought it and much better than the new vehicles I test drove this month. Great SUV giving you the comfort of a car but the cargo and all-wheel drive of an SUV. Has been very reliable.

Our Expert Review: 2004 Toyota Highlander