2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid consumer reviews

side view of 2008 Highlander Hybrid Toyota
Explore the 2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Shop the 2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid

Best Hybrid SUV ever

I bought this in 2010 as a certified pre owned. Over 100k and still going strong. Great tow Rig. No issues, dug it?s a Toyota. Excellent road car

Best AWD 7 Seat Mileage

This car gets the best MPG of all AWD vehicles I could find. Occasionally exceeding 30 mpg. Quite impressive for a 7 seat SUV. Performance is nice at 270 hp. Comfortable on the road. Very little room behind the 3rd row for storage or gear. If you use the 3rd row for trips all the time , this is not for you. If you need to have flexibility in the second row (Captains with console or arm rests, or remove the middle seat for an isle, or flip/fold/recline/slide), I know of no better vehicle. Fits two rear facing car seats and a booster in the middle row. Well thought out Rear Entertainment system with controls on the head unit touch screen. Excellent Vehicle.

Most Comfortable SUV I've Ever Owned!

I'll keep it short. It met all of my needs & most of my wants. I never thought I would own a whiye vehicle but that pearl white is gorgeous with tan interior.

4.3

Reliability, performance, good looks, mileage

We owned this car for nine years and loved it the entire time. We wanted to get a new car with the exceptional safety features, so we bought another Toyota Highlander Hybrid. Handled beautifully on yearly 4000 mile road trips.

High MPG's, powerful and smooth

Great power, secure handeling, plenty of leg room, smooth ride. A real value considering the 25mpg's, ability to carry 7 persons, and of course the reliability of the Toyota brand.

My dream car!

I love this car- it's not too huge to maneuver, but fits all of our stuff for traveling. It feels good to drive- even with the electric vehicle mode on, it powers over snow. Really comfortable inside.

Great Vehicle

Bought my Highlander used, and been driving it maintenance-free for the past 2 years. The only issue I've encountered is some surface and chassis rust - I wish this vehicle had been included in the recent rust-related recalls from Toyota.

great mpg and power

I purchased a used 2008 Highlander hybrid LE Awd with 185,000 miles. Car is in excellent condition. Had to change the struts front and back and do alignment for new car feel. Driving hybrid requires some techniques for best mpg. I get 27 mpg city and Highway combined. Very quiet. Turns off at stop light. Highly recommend car. Pay extra for LE with leather seats. Easier to clean.

All Season Driver

I am a senior woman living in the Northern Tier of the USA. Because of unreliable and sometimes nasty weather as well as having to travel a great distance, often on secondary roads, to visit family, I need a reliable, economic all-season car. I drove a 4-runner for 10 years and graduated to the Highlander and could not be more satisfied with the all wheel drive, heated seats, satellite connection, comfort, capacity AND most of all a 60% increase in gas mileage! When visiting family my car is usually the pick for traveling to events and activities because of its safety and performance.

Good SUV for the $...Good MPG for the seats

I have had other SUVs and like this the best for sure. Easy in and out, good visibility and decent gas mileage. I get 24-26 normally in the city. If you really work hard and pay attention, you can get 29 but not more. I added aftermarket NAV (ADVENT) and it makes it much better for me.