2018 Prius Prime

2018 Toyota Prius Prime

2018 Toyota Prius Prime

Have You Driven the 2018 Toyota Prius Prime?

Finally!!!

by Sandy from Florida on Wed Aug 08 2018

I have wanted a plug in Prius since I bought my first Prius in 2005. It was very difficult to find one to buy in the Southeast Region. There were 5 blue ones, 2 white ones and the red one that I bought. That's it for more states than there were cars available for purchase. I would have given my car 5 stars in every catalog, but there are 2 issues that prospective purchasers might want to consider. There is very little luggage space in the back of the car. I did not know this until I went to pick up my car because there were none available to look at within 130 miles of my home. Also, most dealers are charging list price and above; or, raising the "delivery, prep, other costs" that are thinly veiled profit margins. If you want the Prime, it is going to cost more than the deals we usually get as return customers. I think that it is worth it to have the car that I have wanted for so long. I know that it will run for as long as I will be driving. It is a super car in all ways; easy to charge; rapid acceleration for merging onto the Interstate; full of safety features to make driving less hazardous. Most of the Primes available will be the Advanced models and will come with all the safety features...and the higher price tag...

200k miles 3 times over

by Sol from Fremont Ca on Thu Nov 29 2018

The prius is rock solid both as a fuel miser as well as a string no compromise performer. I have owner 3 of these and driven them between 150k to excess of 200k miles each. This was my fourth! Last year I drove over a large rock about 12 inches on the freeway at night, 60-70mph behind a car that also hit it. The Prius bottom plastic shield was ripped and the rear swing arm was hit. The car could still drive well and was perfect once replaced ! The other car in front was a mess. I have never seen or expected so much resilience from such a small car.... Reliable and brilliant engineering - mikes ahead of competition with no one close

Great car!

by Bluto5 on Sat May 19 2018

Love it. Had it for one year. 33 miles on a charge. Charges fully in 2 hours. Takes about 8 gallons every 3000 miles. Drove to Disneyland and back from Dallas for $120, 64 mpg average. Filled up every 500 miles or so. Quiet, great stereo.

Fantastic car!

by Northerngirl1020 from Burlington, Ontario on Mon Jun 04 2018

Have had my hypersonic red prime for three weeks. Am getting over 47km on one charge and using no gas commuting to work. Smooth, handles well, comfortable seats. Passengers find the back seat area has lots of room and cup holder a positive feature. Stereo is great and I really like the HUD display. Huge 11.2 inch display with nav is easy to figure out. Lots of people approach me to ask about it.

Excellent buy for economy driving with good space

by Chief Burks from US Army on Tue Jul 17 2018

First of all I love the gas mileage. While the car only seats four, it is a very comfortable ride for all. Reviews I had read regarding the appearance were negative, but I like the exterior look of the Prius Prime. The car handles well, has a nice turn radius, and the smart features (radar, cruise control, lane exit warning, etc) greatly assist the driver. I found it very useful on a long trip I took from Seattle to central California and back. Trunk space can be limited, but we fit all the luggage that four men/boys needed for a week and a half long trip. I had roof racks added for those trips where there may be more luggage than usual, and they are simple to use and were not expensive.

Nice start. Like so far.

by Larry from Minneapolis, Minnesota on Tue Nov 27 2018

Needs 16 kwh battery. 50 miles is the sweet spot for us. Otherwise hits all the right buttons for us. Currently getting 60 miles per gallon. 2 weeks still on full, in the cold.

Fit for royalty

by Cherie from Wakefield on Tue Dec 04 2018

I planned on getting another basic Prius after owning one for the past 7 years but when I sat in heated leather seats on a raw day at the dealership and then found that the cost for the upgrade was only a couple hundred dollars, I was sold. My husband's response when he first drove it was that it was perhaps the most comfortable car he had ever driven. He looks out the window every morning and smiles and says, "What a beautiful car!" The best thing about this Prius is that it has an electric battery and I actually got up to 156 miles per gallon two days ago in a 27 mile trip. Window sticker touts 133 mpg on combined electric and hybrid and 54 mpg on just hybrid with this vehicle.

I had a 2006 Prius which I loved, so got a new one

by beau & jojo from Lincoln, CA on Sun Oct 21 2018

It is great but I miss the all door key opener! It is cumbersome to have to go to the driver door to open all doors. Also, built in garage door opener is missing. Trunk is small so we won't be hauling as much cargo, but we are getting over 140 miles per gal, working our way up even higher. Console storage could open up instead of towards the driver, but this is a minor thing. Love it, even with minor loss of things I depended on.

Who cares about gas prices?

by Skipdr68 from Bend Oregon on Mon Jul 16 2018

Perfect for those short trips around town. Loaded with entertainment and safety features. Easy to park and comfortable to drive. Best of all little gasoline needed ( maybe even good for the environment!)

My dream car

by Amberd123 from Lewisville, nc on Tue Oct 09 2018

I am so excited that I own this car. It is so much fun and a challenge to go on electric for as long as possible. Getting nearly 90mpg. Actually looks like a 2018 car....so many others look like cars from 10 years ago... Boring! Prius prime premium is definitely not boring! Only bummer is the nav system is out of date and very frustrating!

1 2 3 4 5