2016 Toyota Tacoma consumer reviews

side view of 2016 Tacoma Toyota
Explore the 2016 Toyota Tacoma
Shop the 2016 Toyota Tacoma

Awesome Truck

Not only the truck looks appealing to most people but it has brute strength underneath the hood and take a lot of beating. I am a DIY person and haul stuff around and this truck has never disappointed me.

4.1

Good car, bad gas milege?

All I have seen on this truck was it has a VVT-6 coupled witha 6 speed transmisssion and average economy was 19 city and 24 hwy. The onlyt time I get 20 is going down hill. If yiou use the cruse control your milege will be even worse and it will shift into thired gear on almost every hill no matter how shallow or steep it is.

Great Truck Love my Tacoma

This is an excellent mid-sized truck. The only issue I have is a lack of towing power. This is the only reason I decided to sell the truck. It is very comfortable to drive and can go almost anywhere. Fun to drive and not too bad on fuel usage either.

My seventh in a row

Not getting the gas mileage that I was led to expect. Will wait until I've burned a full tank to pass judgement.

4.3

My seventh in a row

I'm still new to this truck but I'm not getting the gas mileage I was lead to believe I would get. I'll give it a full tank before I pass judgment.

2016 models is a little bigger than the earlier

Love the size and comfort. Road noise could be better. The 4 cylinder which I have is not the best for get up and go. I would recommend the 6 cyl for sure. However I do get somewhere around 22 mpg in town.

Love it

Meets every need I could think of. Reliable and great to drive. It?s powerful enough to utilize like a truck but also gets great gas mileage. Definitely one of the best vehicles I?ve owned. Plus, it holds its value so it was worth my money!

Tacoma lover

I have been driving tacoma for over ten years now and can't even see myself in another truck. Absolutely love it.

3.3

Looks great but doesnt work great.

This truck worked as advertised for about the first year. Minus a few electrical quarks.. After installing new tires the transmission seems to have a ind of its own and its not good..had the update done now it feels patched not fixed..the e brake is not to be used in the winter because it freezes continually and wont be fixed by dealer. When give a loaner truck that is identical to mine..they dont even operat the same..

4.0

Tough and reliable truck

Great truck - TRD Off-road. Pulls a 19 foot Airstream and also use it for hauling paddleboards and bikes. Only problem that I have had was a glitch in the back up camera. This was fixed by the dealer with a reflash. Getting just about 20 mpg around town.