Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2018 Tacoma

2018 Toyota Tacoma

#7 Most Popular Truck
2018 Toyota Tacoma

Have You Driven the 2018 Toyota Tacoma?

Tacoma TRD Offroad - Back from Ford

by fourtyfourtyninetynine from Houston, TX on Wed Jun 13 2018

Snagged my 2018 TRD Offroad new about 1 month ago, so far, I couldn't be happier with it. This was bought to replace a 2013 Ford F150 FX4 EcoBoost that was starting to exhibit major problems (Built Ford Tough is just a marketing gimmick). I had test driven the Chevy/GMC Colorado/Canyon and found those to be mostly well rounded, but it's hard to argue with the value of a Tacoma. The most notable differences are, of course, size and power. That said, the space is workable, though tight if you're taller. Power is still more than enough to please, getting on the highway or passing isn't a problem. Another huge difference between the Tacoma and my previous F150 is the quality. The overall build feels sturdier, interior materials are better, gaps are tight and it generally feels like a much better built vehicle. Road noise is markedly quieter in the Tacoma, even with the moonroof option. Handling is about what you'd expect it to be. It's a pickup, not a Ferrari. Good amount of body roll, but not as much as it's competitors. The ride in comparison to the F150 it replaced is markedly smoother, especially on rough roads. The shorter wheelbase does show itself on the highway where you feel the road a little more, but it is in no way unpleasant. I would have opted for the long-bed, but those are hard to locate. Fuel economy is quite good given the fact it's still only mated to a 6-Speed where competitors are using 8-10 speed boxes. Travelling at 70MPH on the highway has so far given me 23-24mpg, which is higher than the EPA rating. City driving is around 18-19 which is still quite good in comparison to the EcoBoost it replaced (I typically got 13/18). It takes around 18 gallons to refill from empty with around a 400 mile range. The infotainment system is good by 2013 standards. It's a much better system than Sync in the F150, but it's lacking Carplay/Android auto and it requires the Entune App to be installed on the phone, however, communication is all through Bluetooth, which means that you can use the Qi charger and still have the smart functions. I did opt for the TRD Premium package which includes upgraded JBL speakers which provides more than ample sound quality. I am yet to test out the Off Road capabilities, but checking out others footage, it's a lot more capable than the F150 it replaced. As far as complaints, I only have a few. The drivers seating position is pretty poor. You do get used to it, but it's low slung with no height adjustment. The seat padding from the factory is very still, but I have found it start to soften over the last 1000 miles. It also seems like Toyota skimped on the gauge cluster shield again. I've already noticed the exact same issue as in my 2009 where the gauge cluster plexi-glass gets scratched easily. The last issue I've found is with the factory stereo occasionally dropping bluetooth audio, will be taking it to the dealer for that. Overall, this is my 4th Toyota Pickup, it was tough to trade from the F150, but with everything starting to break on the F150 at 90k miles, it was time to go back to something bulletproof. So far this is a fantastic pickup for my weekend warrior lifestyle and a capable commuter. Add in the superb resale value and I couldn't be happier.

2018 Tacomas = Truly Best in Class

by Inferno.Tac.Fan from Downers Grove on Sun Jun 17 2018

I was painfully on the fence between the Toyota Tacoma & the GMC Canyon. There's just no comparison - this rig drives so smooth and stylishly. It's a super honest truck - my wife feels very comfortable driving it. Interior, even though the GMC offered more options with a premium interior (leather, heated seats, Bose speakers, etc.) is so comfortable and sophisticated. The dashboard and controls are so much better in comparison to GM - stylish, smart, intuitive, cool - list goes on. If anyone is on the fence between these two products as I was, I hope this is helpful. The GM product is awesome - no doubt, great stuff. But this Tacoma is just a gem and cut above - I am so happy with it and HIGHLY recommend.

Very pleasantly surprised.

by Mike B from Butler, PA on Tue Jun 26 2018

I have owned 2 Tacomas over the years. They were 6' bed Access Cabs. The first was a 2006 SR5, the second, a 2015 TRD Off Road. Both were good trucks and behaved just like all the reviews. Seating position, ride quality and all the rest good and not so good. I just took delivery of a 2018 5' Bed Double Cab TRD Off Road. The sizing is as reviewed but the ride quality is much improved. I am pleasantly surprised and happy to have bought this truck. The Japanese vehicle interiors have always made sense to me. Switch gear quality, placement and choice. American interiors just simply repulse me.

2018 Tacoma

by Brian from Chicago on Thu Feb 15 2018

I've been very pleased with my purchase so far. Fully loaded, has everything I need plus. There's been a lot of technological advances since 2007, the model I traded in.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

My first tacoma

by JozF from Ft Walton Beach, Fl on Mon Jul 09 2018

Great truck. My previous 3 trucks were Silverados. Comfortable in town. I purchased the SR5 V6 4x4 because it had a more comfortable ride in town driving than the TRD I tested. Only complaint I have is that the RPM shift range seems too low. I do love my truck

Toyota Tacoma

by Dirtman from Birmingham Alabama on Sun May 13 2018

Well built drives well but the trans needs better shift points or instead of 3.91 great ratio it should be 4.30 all the rest of the truck 5 star.

What a ride!

by Frankie from Kirkland, WA on Tue Jul 31 2018

Couldn't be more pleased with this purchased. I bought the sport edition and it just looks really good. Especially due to the cement paint job. Looks and feels great. Very pleased

6 speed automatic and 3.5L engine not a good setup

by I'm not a fan from portland, or on Fri Nov 16 2018

The small engine and the 6 speed transmission shift points give poor performance. Shift points are set at low speeds and it has to shift down on the slighest uphill grade to maintain speed. This setup may have resulted in a minor gas mileage improvement but it created a major performance issue. The brakes are also too sensitive when coming to a stop.

Does not recommend this car!!

We like out Tacoma

by Bob B. from New Durham, NH on Tue Aug 07 2018

So far, so good. First Toyota pickup truck, but so far it has done everything we have asked it to do and done so well. It's a comfortable truck to drive and ride in. It has some nice tech features, but the lane departure alert system is somewhat annoying on back country roads that are narrow and windy. The backup camera is a very nice feature. We have the double cab, long bed and it is surpising that amount of gear that will fit in the bed for a small pickup. Leg room in the back seat is not great but is fine for our grandchildren. We've added mudflaps, running boards and a roll up toneau cover so far with seat covers on order (grandchildren and spills). We like our Tacoma!

Very capable truck. Excellent mpg

by Jason Frisch from House springs on Tue Aug 28 2018

Being a rather large person the leg room is suitable, with 2 car seats in the back there is plenty of room for the whole family.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 20