2009 Toyota Yaris consumer reviews

side view of 2009 Yaris Toyota
Explore the 2009 Toyota Yaris
Shop the 2009 Toyota Yaris

Perfect Car for Me!

I traded in my 2000 Cadillac Deville for my 2009 Toyota Yaris, and have not regretted the decision. I LOVE driving my Yaris, it's so fun, reliable, and easy to drive. I live in a large metro area, and the WONDERFUL gas mileage has saved me money from the very beginning! I am a young, single adult--I don't know if I would recommend the hatchback to someone that plans on utilizing the back seat much. I thought I would miss the extra trunk space and 4 doors, but I really haven't. I have found the perfect car for me (FINALLY!) :)

love it

we owe 3-door. we travel everywhere in it. plenty of room for us and ours things. easy to drive and park. great gas mileage!! my only complain is that I wish I had cruise control.

fabulous little car!

ownes a 2009 toyota yaris sedan i absolutely looove my car! great mpg and fun to drive! on average i get about 29-30 mpg, and on long trips i've gotten 38-40 mpg. if i wasn't such a lead foot, i think i'd get even better mpg. i'll write another review if that happens. only real problem that i've noticed is that in rough weather conditions driving gets a bit difficult. good tires will fix that though :) great sound system. good a/c. there really isn't anything about my car i don't like.

great

Has been very reliable in the year and a half that I've had it. Great acceleration and exterior styling. You get used to the cyborg dash (speedo in the middle) quickly and seems to be better than the conventional layout. Good gas mileage, but does seem to have a small fuel tank. All a round great value for the money.

4.4

best car for money

we bought this car used and love it. It is zippy, sporty and a real gas saver. Our first foreign car and would buy again!!

Love this little car

Bought a 2009 Yaris new. Have only 6,000 miles on it. Best car ever for city driving - turns on a dime, fits into little parking spaces. Wish the color selection was better. Settled for silver - yawn. Holds five comfortably for short trips and even room in the back for their stuff with a little planning. I get 29mpg city driving. I like the center position of the speedometer, clock, etc.

The best car ever!

I have owned this car for 4 months... and driven over 6,000 miles so far. It is amazing! It looks to tiny from the outside, I was worried about really making it work for my family. But when I sit inside, I feel like I am in a full sized car. I can fit my groceries just fine. I traveled out of town, and my luggage fit just fine. When entering a highway ramp uphill, it is a little slower than other vehicles I've had so I just have to adjust my driving manner for that. And I totally love the 30-35 city mpg ... and the 38-39 mpg highway I got on my trip through the hills of PA. We love it so much, my daughter is looking to trade in her Subaru for a Yaris!

3.4

good maintenance

bought this car in December 09.... got it at 7000 miles now we in April got 20000 thousand miles.... good reliability... maintenance is low... only oil change.... did notice that every time i make a deep right turn i hear a drag gin noise coming from the wheels.... think i was form the snow we had in February, sound gone now by its self... nice car good gas miles great car....

3.0

Way to small for a human being

Well it really is way to small and it lacks enough power but it does get great mileage like 32-39 mpg. I really think Toyota blew it on this one

Great Car--Used as a Rental

I did not buy this car and do not nor have I ever owned a Yaris but I rented one for a week while my Honda Accord was being repaired. The Yaris is a great car. The interior is surprisingly roomy for such a small car. The windshield is large with a no obstructions (some cars, like the Hyundai Sonota, have the steering wheel pushed up so high that it blocks the view). I didn't car for the instrument panel in the center of the dashboard, nor did I car for the small windows in the rear seats. I also thought the rear windshield was rather small and that the view from the rearview mirror was too small. There was a little more road noise than I expected from a Toyota; Toyota Camrys usually have very little road noise, while my Honda Accord has a lot. Overall, I think the Toyota is a great small car for the price and the great gas mileage. I strongly recommend this car.