2009 Toyota Yaris consumer reviews

side view of 2009 Yaris Toyota
Explore the 2009 Toyota Yaris
Shop the 2009 Toyota Yaris

Love my Yaris

My Yaris is adorable and I have no problems with it. When it's windy, due to its size, it is slightly harder to handle but I wouldn't want another vehicle. I just love "her".

I love it.

I did a lot of research before I bought this car. When gas was up to $4.00 a gallon, I knew it was time to get something that was highly efficient. I drove a 6 cylinder Ranger, which isn't bad on fuel as far as trucks are concerned, but you could actually watch the gas gauge dip as you drove in traffic.I am 6'4" tall 225lbs, and I don't fit in a lot of small cars, but when I got in the Yaris all of that changed.At least for me, I find it very comfortable even on long trips. I average about 40 mpg on the open road.It seats 4 people comfortably, has good handling and acceleration. With the back seats down you can hall relatively large bulky objects. Most of the time, when I am going to work, I am by myself. It is the perfect commuter car. I bought mine in July 08, have put on 15,000 miles & couldn't be happier. If you go for the first package & keep it simple, you can't find a better car on the market today. With tax and transportation my total cost was $14,200.It is fun to drive & extremely practical.

Yaris - Great car for the money

I have a Yaris, 2007 model with almost 50,000 miles. It has been a dependable car. Mileage ranges from 38-42 MPG. It is fun to drive and survived a crash with a deer with little damage! Going from an all wheel drive SUV to the Yaris, my only complaint is winter driving, but with winter tires it doesn't do too bad - when it gets too bad I just think over and over....I'm trippling my mileage, I'm trippling my mileage. I would purchase another one in a second!!

4.4

I'm am surprised!

I am surprised with my 2009 Toyota Yaris. I have had it over a month and I am thoroughly impressed with it. I went from driving a Toyota 4Runner SR5 to this. I decided to downsize because of gas prices and environmental reasons. I was hesitant at first but then I drove the Yaris and I was satisfied with everything about it. the major things for me were MPG, safety and reliability. I am 6' and I fit in the vehicle very well. In a month I have put 1200 miles on the vehicle and I spent almost $500.00 less in gas than i would have with my 4runner. I have owned 5 Toyota vehicles and I will continue to own it.

3.9

Fair car, pricey though!!!!

I have this car since it debuted three years ago. Had no trouble at all, but I wish since I am a tall guy 6'3" to have a little more leg room driver side. I wish too the suspension to be a little more comfortable. If I had to buy this car again I definitely will not. I should have waited for the two doors Accent, more driver legroom, better ride, less money111.

4.0

Simple and reliable

My wife and I bought the Yaris hatchback two years ago when we lived in a city with serious parking problems--the Yaris' small size made it easy to find parking spots. We've been pleased. Our only compaints are minor--the cabin noise is a little high, the defogger a little weak, and it would be nice to have cruise control. On the plus side, it's peppier than I expected considering the engine size, it feels bigger inside than I expected--even in back--and my mileage has been better than the gov't estimates. I've managed 39 mpg highway even with with the car stuffed to the brim with luggage and 75 mph speed limits. All in all, you could do a lot worse for the money

Great Car for The Money

I bought the Yaris S 4 Door Sedan. I have the Power Package, Keyless Entry, All-Weather Package, and 15 inch Alloy Wheels. I am retired so I can run around at a cheap price because of the great gas mileage it gets. I think it's big enough to take trips in and the back seats can fit most adults well. A good size trunk is another good feature that it has.

Great Car for your buck

this car is great i just bought it today and couldn't be happier, it is very comfortable and a great car for a 20-35 year old individual. compared to my sisters aveo... i like it better it is very well designed towards the drivers safety as well as comfort, if you are able to make sure that it has the auxiliary port, this means that you can plug in any mp3 player ever made (pretty much) it says that and seems to be marketed towards i-pod. however, it can be adaptable. i got the s package and am very pleased. now granted you save $1000 by not opting for this but it is worth it. you get alloy wheels and a spoiler...[probably some more little items] (engine stays the same till u get the xrs pkg.) but it adds to its appearance and stance. THE ONLY NOTICEABLE DOWNSIDE IS getting use to a center instrument cluster (speedometer, etc.), and the fact that looking in the rear-view mirror you only see a smaller view behind you, which isn't all that bad as far as negatives go; it just takes getting use to. rating 93/100% i got the 2009 Yaris S 4 door hatchback

Best bang for the buck

I was hesitant to downsize to the Yaris but it has proven to be the best car choice I've ever made. It's reliable, reasonably priced with enough bells and whistles and it's not painful at the pump. I highly recommend it.