Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2017 Tiguan

2017 Volkswagen Tiguan

2017 Volkswagen Tiguan

Have You Driven the 2017 Volkswagen Tiguan?

Great to drive, not the best MPG for the class

by Lucas Cury from Plano, TX on Tue May 30 2017

I really enjoy driving my 2017 Tiguan, and it exceeds most of my expectations. The one and only reason why I gave 4/5 stars on performance is its MPG. Compared with the cars in the same category, it falls under the average. For me since I bought it, it scores 20mpg combined (city/highway) using Premium gas, recommended by VW. I mostly drive it in short commutes in the city(70% of the time) and had only 1 road trip of 700mi on it. Twice a week I also drive to Dallas (50mi per trip). But in the end I don't mind much because it's a fun car to drive - and I drive fast too - and it's acceptable for the 2.0 Turbo engine.

Still Good But even better

by Tiggy from MD on Sat Feb 18 2017

2017 has been our favorite, we have the sport, great wheels, leather not leatherette, all the bells and whistles but sportier. We had to have the last year before they made it bigger. Why does everything have to get bigger? Its a great SUV!

Best Fit Car for Me: second one I've owned

by Tiguanophile from Blue Mountain, VA on Tue Oct 24 2017

This car is a perfect fit for me in all respects. Gorgeously made, classic VW styling, superb comfort, and has life-saving power to hole-shot away from deadly trucks on the highway. This is my second Tiguan. Very reliable.

Drive this car!

by Another Heidi from Austin on Wed Apr 25 2018

I was looking for a certified preowned car and everyone told me to look at Honda, Toyota and Subaru. I went to those dealerships as well as the auto show and sad and all the cars and wasn’t thrilled. I decided to look at the Volkswagens and went to a dealership the next day and drove off with a new car. There were a lot of updates to the 2018 so it is a great time to purchase a 2017 at a great price. My 2017 has less than 5000 miles and I was able to get so much more for my money then if I had gone with a Honda HRV or Subaru crossTrek.

I AN IN LOVE WITH THIS VEHICLE

by Jennay64 from Shillington, PA on Fri May 05 2017

Awesome!!!! Comfort and Performance! I drive all day every day for work. Love it! I strayed away from VW's for a few short years to Ford and Mazda. Hated them! This new Dub feels like I've restored a part of my life lost in the past.

Sleek and Sporty

by Tylernelie from Royse City, TX on Fri Feb 09 2018

This car has it all. Power, reliability, looks, and personality. I love driving it. For a mid size SUV, it is surprisingly roomie.

The ride is amazingly smooth!

by Going Mobile from New Jersey on Tue May 23 2017

I purchased my Tiguan 3 weeks ago and I'm so happy I did. The leather seats are so comfortable and I love the feeling of being elevated. The ride is smooth with great suspension and is very quiet. It is a pretty design and I get many compliments from friends and relatives. I really like having the camera when backing up and all the high tech perks with this car. It has a luxury feel and look that I like very much. Overall, I think it was a great decision to purchase the Volkswagen Tiguan!

Does not recommend this car!!

I am in love with my new Tiguan!

by GinaG from Jersey City on Mon Mar 26 2018

I purchased a 2017 Volkswagen Tiguan in early March and I am very pleased with my purchase. It is a smooth drive with a safe and reliable exterior. When I go over potholes, I feel very little bumps. This is my first experience with Volkswagen and it will certainly not be my last.

Nice clean vehicle

by Butch from Spring Hill FL 34609 on Wed Apr 11 2018

My Tiguan handles better than most cars. The quality of the interior is excellent, everything fits like a glove. The seats are very comfortable. The quality of the paint on the exterior is excellent. When stopping because of an emergency the vehicle does not fish tail but goes nice a straight. I'm very happy with my Tiguan.

Excellent compact SUV!

by GinaG from Elk Grove, CA on Sat May 06 2017

I am a new Tiguan owner and love this compact SUV! It has all the roominess of my previous midsize SUV and more gadgets to help me get where I need TTY o be safely. It runs very peppy, has clear/open visual field, and rides like a comfy sedan. I highly recommend this SUV to any age.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2017 Volkswagen Tiguan

The verdict:

Volkswagen has an uphill battle to win back buyers in the wake of its messy diesel-emissions scandal, and the Tiguan is dead weight in that battle: It's cramped, inefficient and irrelevant in a class of winners.

Versus the competition:

The Tiguan's peppy engine and pleasant ride are strengths, but many other compact SUVs offer those things plus better gas mileage, higher crash test scores and more space — for less money.

It competes in a crowded class that includes sales leaders like the Honda CR-V, Ford Escape and Toyota RAV4. Compare all four here.

For 2017, the Volkswagen Tiguan's base S model gains Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, which mirror select smartphone apps on the dashboard touchscreen. Compare 2016 and 2017 models here. A new Tiguan is coming soon, though VW has released few details.

Exterior & Styling

If you've seen the 2012 Tiguan, you've seen the 2017 Tiguan. Aside from a minor face-lift in 2012, it hasn't seen an update since it debuted for the previous generations 2009 model year. Surprisingly, it doesn't look dated; it wears a version of Volkswagen's streamlined, stylish grille and... Read More