Toyota of Greenville

Sunday Closed Closed
New (877) 806-1722 (877) 806-1722
Used (877) 805-3539 (877) 805-3539
Service (877) 822-3137 (877) 822-3137

A dealership’s rating is calculated by averaging its lifetime reviews.

1.8

The service dept , while polite, is horrible. They missed...

The service dept , while polite, is horrible. They missed critical issues, refused to repair the damage they caused. And overcharged for everything they did. I would never recommend anyone go there for any reason. They were very polite as they raked me over the coals though.

Dealer response

We appreciate your review. I regret that our service department left you with a negative impression. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have about our pricing, if you would please reach out to me at your convenience. Mike O'Leary, General Manager, 864-416-7994

1.8

Great sales rep. I have bought 3 new Toyota from jack and...

Great sales rep. I have bought 3 new Toyota from jack and each was a great experience. I got the best price from Jack and I had checked 4 other dealers. Now the service department stinks. I carried my car in for service and when I walked out back I saw a guy driving my car off of the property. I went to the service rep and she referred me to the service manager who lied to me. He said this guy was test driving because they had rotated the tires. Three minutes after I checked it in. I DONT THINK SO. They BS me for a while then brought me the car back. The service order had the wrong mileage on it and they changed it. On and on and on. Now they avoid me when I drive in.

Dealer response

We appreciate you sharing your review with our team. I understand the frustration that you’ve experienced with our dealership and I regret to hear that you feel this way. I would be happy to speak with you and answer any questions you may have. Please contact me at your convenience. Mike O’Leary, General Manager, 864-416-7994

1.0

This Toyota dealership does bait and switch beware of the...

This Toyota dealership does bait and switch beware of the advertised price and when you inquire about the vehicle they switch the price even when you have proof of a screenshot of the price. Stay away the give good dealership a horrible name! I was smart enough to take screenshots and they still told me they wouldn't honor the original advertising price

Dealer response

Jessica, We thank you for sharing your review with our team. I apologize for any miscommunication that occurred with pricing. I would like to speak with you further and hopefully answer any questions you may have, as well as restore your faith in us. I will be contacting you, but you can also reach out to me at your convenience. Mike O’Leary, General Manager, 864-416-7994

Consumer response

Hi Mike, I look forward to hearing from you to discuss this. I had also sent you a personal email to you on friday as well with the pictures showing the price changes for bait and switch after my husband had originally inquired about the vehicle, in that email is my personal cellphone number

Consumer response

Update~ I have still yet to hear from Mike O'Leary or anyone else from this dealership 4/29/21

Brought my 2013 Tundra in for extensive warranty repairs...

Brought my 2013 Tundra in for extensive warranty repairs last week. Stephanie Powell was my contact person in the service department. 100 % professional job from Stephanie-best I’ve ever dealt with!!! Kept me posted daily with details on the status on my truck, while providing a “loaner” vehicle for me to drive while the repairs were being performed. All my future appointments for service will be made directly with Stephanie. Toyota of Greenville is very fortunate to have her on their team.

Dealer response

Hello Stephanie Powell, thank you for the high rating! Our team works tirelessly to provide excellent customer service.

Dishonorable Service

I typically do not write reviews but what happened to me today was worth letting others know. A vehicle has been verbally committed to me by a sales associate. I was told to come in the morning with a retainer fee of $1000 to hold the vehicle. It had just gotten in the day before so it was not cleaned, inspected etc. Upon getting to the dealership in the morning with cash in hand I was told to wait in the lobby. The salesman had called me as I pulled in the parking lot and told me to give the money to the GM Michael O'Leary. Upon entering the lobby I was told to wait and another salesman tells me that the car is being sold right now. They were running numbers to a random person who had just walked in. They just told me sorry and the car is being sold. This was immoral and unethical. To be led on by these people as I took all the steps to reserve the car I wanted. Very disappointed and I will surely spread the word to not use this business. Bottom line is that’s not how you treat people. Never again will I step foot in this place. Don was a great salesman and I appreciate him trying to reserve the car for me. The issue is with the manager and management. Go back to Ethics 101.

Dealer response

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I am sorry to hear that your experience was unpleasant. It is our policy to sell cars to the first person that agrees to purchase, so I apologize if you felt mislead during your inquiry. If you are still in the market, I would be happy to assist you to get into the vehicle of your choice. In addition, I would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have about this experience. Please contact me at your convenience. I look forward to hearing from you. Mike O'Leary, General Manager, 864-416-7994

1.0

This place is absolutely awful. They sold a vehicle that...

This place is absolutely awful. They sold a vehicle that was noted to reserve for myself and as I was walking in with $1000 cash for a retainer fee, they were selling the car to someone else. Unethical and non trustworthy to the core.

Dealer response

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I am sorry to hear that your experience was unpleasant. It is our policy to sell cars to the first person that agrees to actually purchase, so I apologize for any lack of trustworthiness. If you are still in the market, please reach out to me directly so that I may help assist you. In addition, if you would like to speak with me further about this issue, I would be happy to discuss this in further detail. Mike O’Leary, General Manager, 864-416-7994

1.0

I was interested in purchasing a Highlander Hybrid...

I was interested in purchasing a Highlander Hybrid Platinum. Salesman contacted me about what I wanted. Told him I wanted the Moon Dust with the glazed caramel interior, running boards, paint protection film: hood and door. Was told he would need to search. A couple of days later salesman got in touch with me said they found one and messaged me with the specifics on the car. We agreed on a price with the dealership including carpeted floor mats. Salesman said if I wanted it, I would need to put down a deposit, which I then paid $1000. I was told by the salesman they had the dealerships name put on the car to be delivered to them. After 4 weeks I emailed the salesman about any word on delivery. He did not respond. I then texted him, he responded with "can I call you for a short phone conversation". When he called, he now said they could not find the car with what the color I wanted. Would I be interested in another color. We said NO. I got no explanation as to what happened with the car they sent information on. I feel like I was misled at the very start that a car was found. I have dealt with this dealership for 5 years for service ( which was top notch) on our 2012 highlander. I wish I could say that for the sales department. As of right now I will no longer give then my business. I will take my business to another Toyota dealer who will treat me better.

Dealer response

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your sales experience. I apologize for any miscommunication that occurred with the Highlander that you were interested in. I would like the opportunity to earn your business back. Please reach out to me at your convenience. Mike O’Leary, General Manager, 864-416-7994

3.3

Finance

I purchased 2 new cars here. Same sales rep, he was awesome. Had great service on my car. Now i've moved out of state and traded my car. I've left multiple messages for multiple people in finance for 2 weeks to get info on cancelling my extended warranty and service plan with NO response. I've now email and communicated live chat on their website. Still NO response. So my last experience with them has been terrible

Dealer response

Derrick, Thank you for taking the time to share your review with our team. I am pleased to hear that your sales and service experiences were great. I do apologize for the lack of communication in regards to cancelling your extended warranty and services plan. I would be happy to assist you. Please contact me at your convenience. Mike O'Leary, General Manager, 864-416-7994

2.2

I bought 2 new cars from here. Our sales rep was...

I bought 2 new cars from here. Our sales rep was awesome. The service department was great. Now I've move out of state and traded my car. I've left multiple messages for multiple people for 2 weeks to get information on cancelling my extended warranty and services plan. NO ONE has returned by calls. I've now emailed and did live chat on website with no return call. So my last experience with Greenville Toyota is going to sour me on my entire experience.

Dealer response

Derrick, Thank you for taking the time to share your review with our team. I am pleased to hear that your sales and service experiences were great. I do apologize for the lack of communication in regards to cancelling your extended warranty and services plan. I would be happy to assist you. Please contact me at your convenience. Mike O’Leary, General Manager, 864-416-7994

Consumer response

Mr. O'Leary Thank you for your response. As mentioned over the last 3 or so weeks I've left multiple messages with the finance department including Mr. McGuire regarding the cancellation of my extended warranty. Fortunately the receptionist ultimately forwarded me directly to Cindy Godfrey who was able to assist me. It was an unfortunately negative end to an otherwise great relationship with Greenville Toyota and a relationship Steve Jenkins invested a lot in and sold me 2 new cars.

Dealer response

Glad we were able to assist you. Please let me know if we can be of further assistance. Mike O'Leary, GM

Mike O’Leary is the best! Great personality, very sweet,...

Mike O’Leary is the best! Great personality, very sweet, outgoing and a hard worker! Toyota has an Awesome General Manager! Thank you so much for what you do!

Dealer response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this positive review! Have a wonderful day!