Lindsay Volkswagen of Dulles

New (866) 773-1736 (866) 773-1736
Used (866) 785-1356 (866) 785-1356
Service (866) 781-6990 (866) 781-6990

(1,787 reviews)

A dealership’s rating is calculated by averaging its lifetime reviews.

1.0

This dealership is extremely aggressive at pushing

This dealership is extremely aggressive at pushing customers to their financing instrument, even if you've already secured financing through your bank, like we had. They will create (artificial) roadblocks to try to get you to change your financing plan to theirs. For example, I was told that bank financing in the name of 2 people (primary and cosigner, ala child + parent) necessitates that the buyers paperwork, title and registration MUST be the same--in both names. FALSE and confirmed by my bank plus another VW dealer completed a deal 48 hrs later the way I requested. Ms. Dimitrova was absolutely certain this was the case given "her years of experience" and spoke forcefully and expertly about it--but she was wrong. Trust, but verify. Second, she quoted that the cashier’s check that would be coming from my bank would need to "be held for approx. 5-10 days" to allow it to clear --A CASHIERS CHECK !! -- and that we could not take delivery of a vehicle until it had cleared. 4 Pinocchios! Bank said they had never heard of such a policy from any other dealer, plus the other VW dealership handed over keys immediately when presented with the cashier’s check. Finally, they refuse to allow buyers using their own bank financing to take possession of a vehicle before the cashier’s check "clears" (via promissory note or short-term contract) because of a "Tesla fraud incident" that everyone in the dealership seems to know about. Again, the other VW dealership offered a bridge contract with no issue. Perhaps that is prudent on their part, but this review is about the customer experience, and their policy is NOT customer friendly. Of course, all of these issues could have been immediately avoided by using their financing instrument--and we could take the car off the lot THAT DAY. Finally, they claim their $500 "recent graduate" discount is only available to those who...wait for it...are using their financing. And, it requires those wishing to use that discount to provide a copy of the student's final transcript to qualify--guess how fun it is to ask your recent grad to acquire that while sitting at the closing table. It's not, we tried. At one point I thought: OK, I’ll play ball--let's look into their financing to make this go smoothly. When asked if they could beat my bank's 2.74% financing rate, they said--"let's fill out the paperwork and see." No, thank you. I’ll stick with my financial institution which has worked with me for more than 30 years. Happy ending…Same exact car secured elsewhere for much less money (selling price and bottom line), less hassle and fewer roadblocks. Oh, and we had leased then purchased a car from Lindsay previously--so much for being a repeat customer. If you are happy with their financing options and rates, perhaps you will have a much different experience. For those with financing secured, I wish you the best of luck at Lindsay VW—you will need it.

Dealer response

Mr. Wilson, My sincerest apologies for your experience while attempting to purchase your vehicle with us. While other dealerships may be anxious to offer ‘bridge’ contracts, unfortunately due to a few recent incidents, the Lindsay company does not. I understand your frustration, and though this policy protects the dealership as well as the customer, we understand that in some cases it may be a non-starter for some customers. We do offer financing through our preferred lenders, which through our agreements with these lenders we see as ‘money in hand,’ thus allowing the release of the vehicle. Of course, we understand that this method does not work for all customers, and we will try through consistent communication with the customers to verify clearance of funds so that the vehicle can be released as quickly as possible. Regarding the rebate for an eligible recent college graduate, my apologies that it was not communicated to you that it is a Volkswagen-specific rebate that requires financing strictly through Volkswagen Credit, and not through any financing method. I would be frustrated as well had this not been explained properly to me, which is why we offered the same dollar amount off of the price of the vehicle to stay in line with what you thought would be the total dollar amount of the transaction. I will work with my team to ensure the parameters of this and all other rebates offered by the manufacturer are properly communicated. Most of all, despite your experience it was a pleasure to meet you and I am glad to hear that you were able to purchase a vehicle for your daughter, and that all went well. We hope to someday rehabilitate your perception of Lindsay Volkswagen. Of course, please feel free to contact me with any further comments and questions! Respectfully, Jon Kerbaugh Sales Manager jon.kerbaugh@lindsayvw.com

Alfonso recently assisted us with the purchase of a

Alfonso recently assisted us with the purchase of a vehicle at Lindsay VW, we couldn’t have asked for a more pleasant experience. He was extremely personable and catered to exactly what we were looking for in a vehicle. He wasted no time and we were in and out of the dealership rather quickly. He’s been there for almost 20 years, a true pro. Highly recommend seeking him out if you were to purchase from Lindsay!

Dealer response

sj89- Congratulations on your recent vehicle purchase at Lindsay VW! Your great feedback about Alfonso being attentive to your needs and respectful of your time is wonderful to read. We completely agree that Alfonso is a great asset to our Lindsay VW team and will certainly pass along your review to him! Thanks again for your support and safe travels!

Model Dealership

Bought a CPO Passat and very pleased. The staff are all very professional and don’t pressure their customers but offer excellent service and honest terms. The showroom is fascinating with the coolest new models and some old classics and lots of VW nostalgia.

Dealer response

Brain- We are so pleased that your recent buying experience was enjoyable and that you liked the walk down memory lane with our vintage classic models on display! Thank you for choosing Lindsay VW.

Professional service and quality inventory.

Professional service and quality inventory. My wife and I went to Lindsay of Dulles to look at the new Atlas models and were pleasantly surprised with the level of knowledge our salesman Jose brought to the table. We were able to get the color, make and model we desired without a long wait (which these days is unheard of) and the price was exactly as advertised. Jose and Mariya from finance even stayed until close to midnight in order to ensure we could get everything filled out and take the car off the lot asap. Highly recommend this location and staff to anyone looking for a fair deal, no hassle and professional service.

Dealer response

Congratulations on your new Atlas 2022! We are thrilled to read your review and all the details of Jose, Mariya and the team going above and beyond to ensure your family's satisfaction! And thank you for recognizing their efforts. Welcome to the Lindsay Family and enjoy your new ride!

This is my first car purchase at Lindsay Volkswagen.

This is my first car purchase at Lindsay Volkswagen. Alfonzo was very professional and knowledgeable. He made the experience of buying a car seem easy.

Dealer response

Congrats on your new vehicle purchase and thank you for taking the time to share your overall satisfaction with Alfonso! We are excited to welcome you to the Lindsay Family and look forward to welcoming you back again!

Excellent Service/ Outstanding Service

I have been a customer of Lindsay Volkswagen since 2007. I have had a number of Jettas of those that I've owned I've purchased my first Jetta from their used car department. We had this car for 8 years and had seen us on many cross country adventures. In 2015, I needed to replace my 2001 Jetta, and their helpful staff offered a new model Jetta which I am still extraordinarily happy with my decision. The maintenance has been fairly inexpensive and the predictions that they can detail is helpful for car ownership. Once my 2015 Jetta is in need of replacement, I will once again put my trust into Lindsay to help accommodate all of my automotive needs. In our area, there just isn't a better place than Lindsay's

Dealer response

John- Thank you for your continued loyalty to Lindsay VW and this wonderful review! We sincerely appreciate and understand your love of the VW brand. Congratulations on your new vehicle and we look forward to many more years of seeing you at Lindsay VW!

This is our second car we have purchased with Alfonso as

This is our second car we have purchased with Alfonso as our salesman. He is knowledgeable, professional and was happy to go thru whatever obstacle to get us what we wanted. We are very happy with our purchase and it was a pleasure to work with Alfonso.

Dealer response

Congratulations on your new vehicle! And thank you for choosing Lindsay VW for your second VW with Alfonso! We appreciate your patronage and kind comments about Alfonso's professionalism.

I have been a customer with Lindsay Volkswagen for last 7

I have been a customer with Lindsay Volkswagen for last 7 years. These guys are the beat in business. I liked the service, reception and willingness of their staff members to help customers. I leased 3 cars so far and had no issues in any ways!! Alfanso is the best sales associate and is awesome to deal with. Stephanie at their back office is amazingly helpful.

Dealer response

Thank you for the kind words and 5 star review. We appreciate it :)

Very professional service start to finish here.

Very professional service start to finish here. Alfonso was very attentive and helped me get exactly what I wanted. Budget some extra time! They are very busy.

Dealer response

Thanks for the 5 star rating. We appreciate the feedback!

I am very pleased with experience at Lindsay Volkswagen.

I am very pleased with experience at Lindsay Volkswagen. Alfonso and Marya made my experience efficient and pleasant.

Dealer response

Excellent! Thank you for the 5 star review.

Dealer response

Thank you for the 5 star rating. We appreciate it.