Coggin Honda of Orlando

Used (888) 238-1593 (888) 238-1593
Service (888) 239-3893 (888) 239-3893

4.3
(1,256 reviews)

A dealership’s rating is calculated by averaging its lifetime reviews.

1.0

Dont buy used or bring a mobile mechanic

I was pre-approved for an auto loan with Capital One, and was given the choice of available vehicles at dealerships. I visited several, test drove several cars assigned to my profile that fit my criteria. One of the vehicles was a 2009 Honda Civic. When I contacted the dealer I was told to by Hassan to come in, and on my way there I received a call saying the vehicle was not available for sale because the manager did not feel comfortable putting it up for sale as it did not pass safety inspection, however they had other vehicles on my price point, which was $6000 out the door. After being shown vehicles $8000-$10000 I was ready to walk out when I was shown two additional vehicles. One was a Honda Fit which I started and it had a horrible engine sound, we didn’t even test drive it. We also test drove a “certified pre-owned” 2013 Ford Fiesta listed at around $7,500 and I purchased the vehicle from Coggin Honda for my brother who just moved here from Brazil, he was very excited about it. Later after looking at Kelly’s Blue Book the car was listed at $5500 value. After being at Coggin for 3 hours we were given $3000 of the sticker price. The car is now $4500 and too good of a deal to pass up, which isn’t really $3000 if you go by blue book value. I trusted Coggin to provide me with a reliable vehicle, which is why I opted for a reputable dealership. I made a mistake of not reading the recent reviews for this company which include three similar issues with vehicles. I was given a warranty waver and as is paper to sign, and was not provided with sales receipts, and copy of contracts by finance manager. A week into the purchase we noticed the car was not responding as it should. I called my sales rep. David and he said to bring the car in. I thought it could be the transmission, fuel injection, or spark plug, but neither me and my brother are mechanics, we were just going off experience. Before I could bring the car in the check engine light goes on, I called and brought the car in to service, and was waiting for four hours. Hassan from sales brought the car around and handed me the keys and said I could go to AutoZone and purchase a $5 can of a product and inject it into the engine and that would fix the issue. I asked why was this not done, and he said it would be too expensive. I was not provided with service inspection paperwork, or any documentation that my vehicle was even looked at, he opened the door and expected me to get in. I told him I would not get in the vehicle if my needs as a costumer were not met. Hassan left to speak with a manager, I took my personal possessions out of the vehicle and left it at the dealership. It has been 3 days of me trying to ask for ramifications, return calls, asking for managers, general managers, called my lender and nothing has been resolved. I believe there is something they are not telling me or omitted from "certified inspection" there is no way an issue like this would occur in a two-week span. Hassan's dismissive demeanor, accusing me of lying, and attempt to get me into the vehicle once again is indicative of his deceitful sales tactics. I was told I have no rights and that I had signed a no warranty as is paper and the car was now mine and they would not work with me on this issue. I was asked to come in and speak with the finance manager but again, he would show me the paper I signed and send me on my way. I was not even offered parts service, I was denied service at their auto shop, not even told the cost of repairs, or given the choice to have my vehicle repaired there for at least a discounted amount. My brother and I purchased a vehicle from Coggin in good faith, and we cannot afford costly repairs only two weeks into our purchase. We left the car there and waiting for a proper response from dealership.

1.0

Businesses should play fair, and I am devastated with the...

Businesses should play fair, and I am devastated with the way Coggin Honda has handled my purchase and vehicle maintenance requirements two weeks after purchase. Not only did they refuse service but did not provide me with a sales receipt of purchase or maintenance requirement paperwork. You omitted crucial maintenance requirements for this vehicle and blamed it on me for purchasing a used vehicle with no warranty. We are extremely disappointed and dissatisfied! Coggin Honda of Orlando

1.0

Dealer tried to pull bait and switch after quoting a price

David Salgado-Mejia quoted me a price that I felt was high. When I let him know, he responded, "If you're looking for a couple hundred dollars then we may have some flexibility. But if you're looking for thousands then you just are not on the right car or some of those other qoutes are just misleading you. Now if you'd like I could tell you I'm selling the car for $22,225.00. Now does that sound closer to the numbers you are being qouted?" I let him know, "I have the right car, with vin#, on pdf quotes signed by the manager. If you can make the deal happen at $22,225, let me know by 3pm today." I did NOT expect a response, but received this, " I see you opened my last email. I wanted to be clear our qoute of $22,225.00 still stands if you'd like to reach out to me to make that deposit, I'm sure we could make it a round number like $22,000.00. Let me know and we can send you an Invite to Pay via email." When I responded, "Send me the pdf quote at $22000 out the door (including ALL taxes and fees) and we have a deal. I'll make a deposit." David Salgado-Mejia responded, " I believe there is a misunderstanding. $22,000.00 would be the selling price of the vehicle. Which would put you close to $25,000 out the door. Realistically speaking if anyone is offering you anything around that out the door they are misleading you and looking to waste your time. We how ever are not here to anyone's time and Ive given you a fair offer price for my vehicle. If you'd like to counter I can ask to see if we can realistacally reach your goal" Communicating with this dealership was a waste of my time and I hope my experience can save some of yours.

The best Honda new car dealer in Central Florida.

I just bought my family sixth new Honda car in 2 days of honda dealer visits. This time I purchased 2020 Honda Accord from Coggin Honda and I have great experience!!! Nelson was the first to give me online quote. (He sold a new car to my daughter 10 years ago.) New car sales manager Jeff Berlan has passion for sale. He is professional, knowledgeable and courteous. Besides, he was straight forward with price. Jeff sensed that I am a loyal member of Honda family and my time was valuable, so he gave me good price in just five minutes. He even personally explained Honda warranty issue when I misunderstood the extended warranty program. The Salesman was extremely proactive in getting the car ready to drive away as soon as the papers were signed. The Financial department stuff are all very helpful and friendly. This is my best new car purchase experience in my long history of driving Honda car. I highly recommended Coggin Honda to new Honda car buyers.

Dealer response

Hello, we are happy to see that your customer experience was a positive one! The team here is always available for any assistance that you may need. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your rating!

2.4

Beware, Service Appointments mean nothing here

Years ago I used Coggin Honda on a regular basis and it was a good experience but that is no longer the case. Two years ago I was back with my new HRV for a routine oil change and tire rotation that turned into a three hour wait with appointment. Have since use Classic Honda and been very pleased. Moved and decided to try Coggin again - same result. I was told by several parts and service personnel that this is unfortunately typical. Spoke to the service manger George and he simply gave me a blank look and said to be glad I had an appointment or there would have been 100 cars in front of me instead of 50. So, unless you have all day to kill, go elsewhere! I will travel the extra distance to Classic Honda in the future.

Dealer response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Due to our vast number of appointments in our service department, the wait time may run longer than expected and we apologize for our customers time is valuable. We thank you for choosing our dealership and assure you that we are continuously working to better improve, and will utilize your review to work in a more timely manner. I am available to answer any questions or address any concerns for we value your business and never want you to think otherwise. Please feel free to reach out if I can be of any help and we do hope to have the opportunity to better serve you in the future. Bob O'Neill, General Manager (407) 792-1483

Greatful for ANDRO GONZALEZ

I can not express how grateful I was to have ANDRO GONZALEZ as my Service Tech. He went above and beyond to help me understand what was going on with my 2017 Honda Ridgeline, I was not happy to hear about the issue, nor pleased to have to pay for it, however, Andro did everything he could to help get the cost down so it would not be such a burden on me. I want you to know, he is the reason I will remain a Honda customer, it is Team member's like him that make me proud to be a Honda owner, and I want to make sure he is recognized for his efforts!

Dealer response

Hello, thank you for the high rating! Our team works tirelessly to provide excellent customer service.

4.2

Great salespersons

Salesman Christian Febus and Emmanuel. Pros: 1) Such a great communication skills. I had a blast talking to those guys. They are very smart, and know how to negotiate the price! While negotiating we had really fun, laughing lol. Usually it's a stressful thing but with them it was real fun; 2) Great timing with a test drive, I didn't wait in office too long, they took some basic info and Driver license copy and we took a car for test drive. 3) They work with partners. Such a great and smart thing to do! When the Christian was busy with other customer, who made appointment with him, he didn't let me wait for him, instead he asked his partner for help, while he finishing some stuff with other customers. So instead waiting for Christian I talk to other salesman. Usually in other dealership they could argue if somebody trying to get his customer, but here is completely different!!! Such a smart thing to do guys!!!! After Christian finished with other customers he came up to me again to finish our deal :); 4) Christian was an amazing!!!! He explained everything on the car, he is very nice guy and very friendly. Thank you :) Even I didn't have a deal with them, I still had really great experience with them. Recommend it.

Dealer response

On November 22nd I had purchased a used Honda Odyssey...

On November 22nd I had purchased a used Honda Odyssey from Jovan L Davis he is the best salesman that I have ever dealt with. And I am so happy with my vehicle that I purchased from Goggin Honda they are so polite and certyest. I will always buy vehicles there they are truly the best dealership around.

Dealer response

Thanks for the great rating! We are always happy to help!

Great buying experience!

Dealt with Christian Febus and want to say he went above and beyond to help us close this deal the way we wanted it. I highly recommend him if you’re in the market for a new Honda! Very professional.

Dealer response

Mike B, your high rating motivates us to be sure we always provide the best possible customer experience! Thanks!

MANIPULATING & DISHONEST

I have leased my last 3 vehicles from Honda. My experience with Coggin Honda from October 23 - October 28th was the ABSOLUTE worst. After looking at the vehicle, going back and forth with the sales associate and finally agreeing on the price and terms, we came back in only to find ourselves in a BAIT N SWITCH scenario. The sales manager/vp made up an excuse, changed the agreed upon deal and wasted our time. It's a shame that Coggin has dishonest sales leaderdship.