Hampstead Pre-Owned

Saturday Closed 10:00am–6:00pm
Sunday Closed Closed
(410) 702-5115 (410) 702-5115

(1,049 reviews)

A dealership's rating is based on all of their reviews, with more weight given to recent reviews. Includes reviews of Hampstead Pre-Owned from DealerRater.

1.0

Absolutely abysmal experience, that I am still paying for

Absolutely abysmal experience, that I am still paying for a year later. Buyer beware, they are selling dangerous lemons and know it. Purchased a 2014 Corolla about a year ago from them. Less than a week into ownership it had a check engine light. In and out of HPOs service department under warranty for two months. Had the owner, Anthony, slip me $100s to shut me up. When it came in for about the fifth time for the exact same check engine code, Anthony attempted to exchange the vehicle. I had it taken to Koons Toyota in Westminster for repair on his dime. Check engine light never returned, car rode fine. I was told to never bring the car back to HPO. Mind you during this time the service manager was FIRED, presumably due to his shops inability to fix my vehicle, and I was left in the dark for A WEEK with a check engine light. Now, as I am preparing to sell the car and getting appraisals for it, I am discovering the vehicle is not accident free like the Carfax claims. So far, the front bumper needs replacement from an accident, the front passenger side strut assembly was so badly damaged from an accident and degrading so rapidly, that a hard enough bump would have completely separated the strut and caused an accident, and I have just received an appraisal $2k below my original offer due to WELDED FRAME DAMAGE. The entire apron, frame, and core support structure has been welded together post-accident. AVOID LIKE THE PLAUGE.

Great expirence

Our experience with Hampstead Preowned was absolutely amazing from beginning to end. We received a great deal on a 2018 Subaru Outback with very low miles. The recon center is one of the best I’ve seen and our sales person Jay was honest and friendly. We test drove two different automobiles to help in our buying decision and the atmosphere was relaxed without being pressured. There was a small snag in the financing but they worked hard to resolve it to find a payment we could afford. It’s a beautiful automobile and I couldn’t be happier.

Thanks mack for helping us get into our 2018 Ford edge.

Thanks mack for helping us get into our 2018 Ford edge. Love the car . Thanks again..

Good experience.

Good experience. Sale people are nice. Service people responded for battery replacement and installed a new battery.

Fast and friendly

Service was fast and friendly. The sales team worked with me to get my payments to where I wanted them after my own bank could not.

JUST WHAT I WANTED !!!

My 1st STOP & I FOUND IT !!! Low miles. Low Price. Great Value ! Excellence in Customer Service! Thank you Wyatt, Jason & Tony !!! See ya on the next go .....

This dealership had a very large selection of vehicles

This dealership had a very large selection of vehicles that were priced Very competitively. CJ was excellent to work with through our buying experience, as was the finance manager. I highly recommend checking this place out!

1.0

Went to buy a car today and found that this dealership is

Went to buy a car today and found that this dealership is a rip off. Will not tell you anything you ask. Slide in every possible fee even having you pay for their dealership warranty. Stay away. Save your money. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME. We wasted almost 3 hours and were totally upset. GO ELSEWHERE.

Excellent car at excellent price.

Excellent car at excellent price. The company works to restore the cars, not just slap lipstick on and push the sale. Was so impressed I bought two cars

Leave as family with the greatest experience.

I have just started the process of buying my second vehicle from Hampstead auto. As before I am treated as family, greeted pleasantly by all staff members. Most of their staff still remember me by name and car I bought a year ago. Nothing wrong with the first car I bought I just wanted an upgrade. Joe D. Best person in the world so caring genuine and helpful helped buy my first car. I came in with not so good credit and he worked diligently and kept me abreast every step of the way until he was able to get me financing with the best possible payments. I was treated so good I recommended my brother and he came in the following week to purchase their most expensive suv on their lot and was given the best price possible. We both left with great cars and very happy with a very positive experience I’ve ever had. Now with my new suv I was unsure if I was ready to make the purchase but Joe D went to work and found the best trade in on my car which paid off the remainder of my loan and gave me a couple thousand towards my next car which is the jeep. I could go on forever with all the positive things about hampstead and their staff. Yes I traveled many miles to the dealership and bypass many other dealerships along the way but no other dealership can complete with the service,pricing and knowledge of hampstead auto. My car and suv look tremendous. Even though my car was 8 years old, everyone thought it was brand new and that is because hampstead takes pride in their reconditioning process. They go over everything with a fine tooth comb before they allow you to drive off. I never had to turn back once leaving with my car until I was ready to buy my suv. Joe D allowed me to put a deposit down on the jeep and would hold it until I could complete the down payment. This means so much to me because this shows they look at their buyer as a person and family not a dollar sign. I am so pleased with hampstead auto and their great staff. I am a customer for life.