2014 MDX

2014 Acura MDX

2014 Acura MDX

Have You Driven the 2014 Acura MDX?

Great Family Hauler

by hm from VA on Sat Jul 27 2013

A big improvement over the outgoing model, Extremely quiet and cushy ride. It has less of a sport feel than the previous model but it is overall a better drive. Electronic steering can be adjusted from soft to firm with the push of a button and the response and different feel are immediate. Gears are always in great sync with the RPMs, audio is very good for the middle range model which is what I have (tech w/ entertainment). Only thing is that is hard to get a sense of speed in the highway with the car being very very quiet and the suspension soaking up bumps like nobody's business, better to remember where the cops usually hang out. Absolute best driving experience and features for the price, Europeans can simply not compete.

Most comfortable car I have owned.

by none from Huntersville, NC. on Tue Apr 22 2014

This is the fourth MDX we have owned and it is truly the most comfortable riding and driving car we have ever ridden in. You can drive for hours and not feel tired. We have received many complements on how sharp it looks. Thanks again for a great car! We would recommend it to anyone.

Outstanding SUV

by Carl's Car from Sacramento, CA on Mon Nov 10 2014

I have put 13,000 miles on my 2014 MDX with Tech Package and find it a delightful car. It's cornering ability is will surprise most drivers and I have been getting an average of 22.7 MPG. The sound system is excellent and the driver can pick the perceived firmness of the ride. The only things I would like better would be a larger gas tank and a tighter front end -- more European style -- like rack and pinion steering. Otherwise, this is a great automobile and I plan to drive it for a long time.

Several bugs and issues

by Norbert from Seattle WA on Thu Mar 27 2014

Purchased the MDX in August 2013. Since then I have had problems with the navigation system freezing, voice commands not accepted, phone not linking to the car (Blue Tooth issues). There was also a recall for a drive train bolt which was not properly torqued. The dealer replaced the navigation module (apparently there were two major software revisions in 6 months). Upon getting the car back, I no longer had functioning intermittent windshield wipers, and I am receiving a Charging System Warning notice. Noises are coming from the engine (and yes, I had the oil changed by Acura). I loved the car when I got it, but this is very disappointing.

Does not recommend this car!!

Second Acura MDX I've owned

by On The Road Again from Los Angeles, California on Sat Mar 01 2014

Quiet and powerful, brakes are good, but feel a little soft when I compare it to my 2005 Acura MDX, which seemed more precise and surer to me. Essentially the MDX is a computer on four wheels with two manuals weighing pounds. A bit intimidating at first with all those bells,button's,whistles and four way knobs. This is week two of ownership, and it feels somewhat more familiar. It will take weeks more to know the cabin well. Not sure I will ever like the voice guidance. It often doesn't get it! Liked my 2005 GPS as I could have my wife adjust,change where we are going while car was in motion. The new GPS seems to not want to work unless I'm totally stopped. Big Brother has intervened too much here. I like the blind spot indicator that allows you to note a car in your dead zone. The lane indicator beeps at you if you cross a traffic line above 45 mph without the turn indicator on. Can be a tiny bit bothersome and a bit strict.Yet it is doing it's job and reporting on me to me. Again, slightly Big Brotherly. Overall, a swell car, drives like a fine luxury car, not an SUV. Is as quick as can be (I purchased the front wheel drive model as I live in Calif) and a pleasure to drive (I do long distance driving, and this car is perfect for that). Improvements? Acura Roadside Assistance is not nearly as quick as AAA. Proved that twice. Acura wait time: one hour. AAA wait time 20 minutes. Overall Recommendation? Buy it. My 2005 Acura MDX currently has 190,000 miles on it, with absolutely nothing wrong with it. Nothing! A fantastic auto,and my reason for buying a 2014 Acura MDX again!

Super car

by Winter sports lover from Perrysburg,oh on Mon May 11 2015

We purchased an advanced technology with entertainment. The car is phenomenal what it is capable of. Sound system is great. Quiet, smooth, rides great. Could be happier.

Everything that it promised

by Krish from New Jersey on Fri Aug 09 2013

weare very happy with our new Accura 2014 MDX. It is everything that the manufacturer promised. Fuel efficiency is great. we did a 400 mile road trip and got 26.5 mpg compared to the 27 mpg claim. The interior is very quiet with little road noise even at speed levels of 75 mph. Pick-up from zero was a bit slufggish, maybe because we use regular fuel since the dealer said that should be fine. Third row seats were are OK for adults, but we average 5'7'' . getting into the 3rd row is easier, but one has to get used to it. Overall vey happy with the purchase..

Acura MDX Experience

by Flyer from Minnesota / Texas on Fri Jul 11 2014

Probably the most satisfying thing about the MDX is the milage. I have gotten over 32 MPG on the highway. It's just awsome from that perspective. I have only had the car a few weeks, so really am not qualified to make a lot of claims about it. However, the car certainly has all the bells and whistles with the technology package. I'm not sure we'll ever master all the features. Should mention, on our older MDX, the milage was not even close to what we get on this one!

Really bad Suspension, to noisy, poor quality

by Vladimir from Springfield,ma on Tue Aug 14 2018

I think is a really good SUV but if we compare the 2014 model to the previous 2007-2012 model the suspensions were a lot better quality and no noise from suspension when hit a potholes or uneven pavement.... Acura needs to fix that because it’s not a cheap SUV to have that poor quality with the suspensions

Does not recommend this car!!

Very reliable. My third one

by Thomas from Vineland nj on Tue May 21 2019

Reliable and very roomy for the amount of people that ride with me. Plenty of room for luggage or any other items I need to transport Very roomy and comfortable riding

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Our Take on the 2014 Acura MDX

The 2014 Acura MDX trades visceral driving fun for family-friendly refinement, which should appeal to most shoppers for the seven-seat luxury SUV.

Now in its third generation, the MDX faces a new competitor in the Infiniti JX, which wasn’t around when the previous generation arrived. Other body-type options include the BMW X5, Buick Enclave, Audi Q7 and, if you can do without the third row, the ever-popular Lexus RX.

Like many Acura cars, the MDX comes in one well-equipped base trim, though there are several option packages that essentially serve as trim levels: Technology, Technology with Entertainment and Advance with Entertainment. For 2014, front-wheel drive becomes available with all... Read More