2014 MDX

2014 Acura MDX

2014 Acura MDX

Have You Driven the 2014 Acura MDX?

Great Family Hauler

by hm from VA on Sat Jul 27 2013

A big improvement over the outgoing model, Extremely quiet and cushy ride. It has less of a sport feel than the previous model but it is overall a better drive. Electronic steering can be adjusted from soft to firm with the push of a button and the response and different feel are immediate. Gears are always in great sync with the RPMs, audio is very good for the middle range model which is what I have (tech w/ entertainment). Only thing is that is hard to get a sense of speed in the highway with the car being very very quiet and the suspension soaking up bumps like nobody's business, better to remember where the cops usually hang out. Absolute best driving experience and features for the price, Europeans can simply not compete.

Most comfortable car I have owned.

by none from Huntersville, NC. on Tue Apr 22 2014

This is the fourth MDX we have owned and it is truly the most comfortable riding and driving car we have ever ridden in. You can drive for hours and not feel tired. We have received many complements on how sharp it looks. Thanks again for a great car! We would recommend it to anyone.

Outstanding SUV

by Carl's Car from Sacramento, CA on Mon Nov 10 2014

I have put 13,000 miles on my 2014 MDX with Tech Package and find it a delightful car. It's cornering ability is will surprise most drivers and I have been getting an average of 22.7 MPG. The sound system is excellent and the driver can pick the perceived firmness of the ride. The only things I would like better would be a larger gas tank and a tighter front end -- more European style -- like rack and pinion steering. Otherwise, this is a great automobile and I plan to drive it for a long time.

Super car

by Winter sports lover from Perrysburg,oh on Mon May 11 2015

We purchased an advanced technology with entertainment. The car is phenomenal what it is capable of. Sound system is great. Quiet, smooth, rides great. Could be happier.

Nice luxury suv

by Driver from Valencia , CA on Sun Aug 04 2013

Haven't owned the 2014 MDX for Lon but so far we are thrilled owners! The ride is great, gas mileage is good for SUV. The tech package is great but a bit challenging to figure out.

Second Acura MDX I've owned

by On The Road Again from Los Angeles, California on Sat Mar 01 2014

Quiet and powerful, brakes are good, but feel a little soft when I compare it to my 2005 Acura MDX, which seemed more precise and surer to me. Essentially the MDX is a computer on four wheels with two manuals weighing pounds. A bit intimidating at first with all those bells,button's,whistles and four way knobs. This is week two of ownership, and it feels somewhat more familiar. It will take weeks more to know the cabin well. Not sure I will ever like the voice guidance. It often doesn't get it! Liked my 2005 GPS as I could have my wife adjust,change where we are going while car was in motion. The new GPS seems to not want to work unless I'm totally stopped. Big Brother has intervened too much here. I like the blind spot indicator that allows you to note a car in your dead zone. The lane indicator beeps at you if you cross a traffic line above 45 mph without the turn indicator on. Can be a tiny bit bothersome and a bit strict.Yet it is doing it's job and reporting on me to me. Again, slightly Big Brotherly. Overall, a swell car, drives like a fine luxury car, not an SUV. Is as quick as can be (I purchased the front wheel drive model as I live in Calif) and a pleasure to drive (I do long distance driving, and this car is perfect for that). Improvements? Acura Roadside Assistance is not nearly as quick as AAA. Proved that twice. Acura wait time: one hour. AAA wait time 20 minutes. Overall Recommendation? Buy it. My 2005 Acura MDX currently has 190,000 miles on it, with absolutely nothing wrong with it. Nothing! A fantastic auto,and my reason for buying a 2014 Acura MDX again!

First Acura i've owned

by iceRN from Boston,MA on Thu Apr 03 2014

Me and my wife who is expecting our 2nd child decided that we need to have a 7 seater SUV. We have a Murano 11 previously. We had 5 Cars on the list to look at. MDX, Highlander, Explorer, QX60 and Pathfinder. We test drove the MDX first. It has a very confident driving trait, nice soft touch materials and technology package. The salesperson guided us in a winding backroads with moderate potholes. This car owned it. The downside is that the space is relatively smaller than the qx60 and brakes are mushy feel although still safe. We got an offer and then we went to infiniti. Qx60 is all about luxury. The only gripe about it is that the driving felt like i am on a pathfinder although 10k more expensive. Same platform, same transmissions and engine. But the size is awesome. There is fine jittery ride over the bumps although muted i noticed it. We also went to Ford. lots of bells and whistles on the explorer but when you drive it. Forget it, it feels like driving a truck. Without the ecoboost engine. their v6 is lame. We left and didn't like the Sales Manager either. Now highlander, We went there and we saw the sticker price for a highlander hybrid.($51k) My wife agreed about how cheap the interior felt and we left. Wife agreed. its Over priced. So in the end we end up with MDX. It's a beauty and classic. Then now here comes an issue. I am pretty sensitive with vibrations and sound on a car. When i had the car for 2 days, I didn't hear anything, it was Dead silent. However, this monday before i dropped of the car to install the accessories, i noticed a weird fluttering noise. It is low pitch but is really noticeable. This sound coincide when you only push the gas pedal. I asked the tech and he noticed it. He then said "its the fuel pump, its all normal" that i was just entuned to it and it will fade away as i get used to it. Sadly i haven't still. I cannot enjoy my quiet ride without turning off the music co'z i can hear it. i sent an email to Acura relations and will post their response. For a car that is at 50k, I expect a very quiet cabin. The road noise is muted but that fluttering noise exist. It might not bother a lot of owners. Sure has bothered me. I have read of owners having problems with the Variable Management , Heared no problem like that on my car. Shifting is Smooth, Plenty of power when needed. Gas Mileage still not to par. Thinking due to Very low temp. Overall, It is byfar the Best SUV in the market at its Category

Acura MDX Experience

by Flyer from Minnesota / Texas on Fri Jul 11 2014

Probably the most satisfying thing about the MDX is the milage. I have gotten over 32 MPG on the highway. It's just awsome from that perspective. I have only had the car a few weeks, so really am not qualified to make a lot of claims about it. However, the car certainly has all the bells and whistles with the technology package. I'm not sure we'll ever master all the features. Should mention, on our older MDX, the milage was not even close to what we get on this one!

Everything that it promised

by Krish from New Jersey on Fri Aug 09 2013

weare very happy with our new Accura 2014 MDX. It is everything that the manufacturer promised. Fuel efficiency is great. we did a 400 mile road trip and got 26.5 mpg compared to the 27 mpg claim. The interior is very quiet with little road noise even at speed levels of 75 mph. Pick-up from zero was a bit slufggish, maybe because we use regular fuel since the dealer said that should be fine. Third row seats were are OK for adults, but we average 5'7'' . getting into the 3rd row is easier, but one has to get used to it. Overall vey happy with the purchase..

LOVE THIS CAR!

by ROSE from Hamden ct on Thu Mar 06 2014

This is my first car in 10 years,I am very happy with my choice.I am challenged to learn more about this car because it is a computer on wheels. I love the smooth ride.This car is pretty easy on the eyes as well. Choose this car over volvo x 90 because of its safety rating and good looks.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Our Take on the 2014 Acura MDX

The 2014 Acura MDX trades visceral driving fun for family-friendly refinement, which should appeal to most shoppers for the seven-seat luxury SUV.

Now in its third generation, the MDX faces a new competitor in the Infiniti JX, which wasn't around when the previous generation arrived. Other body-type options include the BMW X5, Buick Enclave, Audi Q7 and, if you can do without the third row, the ever-popular Lexus RX.

Like many Acura cars, the MDX comes in one well-equipped base trim, though there are several option packages that essentially serve as trim levels: Technology, Technology with Entertainment and Advance with Entertainment. For 2014, front-wheel drive becomes available with all packages; previously... Read More