2019 Acura RDX consumer reviews

side view of 2019 RDX Acura
Explore the 2019 Acura RDX
Shop the 2019 Acura RDX
4.4

Small SUV, but very good value

I own the high end trim line with the massive sunroof, top end audio and the vented front seats. It's a lot of technology for a good/reasonable price. But it's still a very small SUV - barely big enough for weekend trips with family of 3.

Solid Compact SUV w/ Minor Reservations

I have the entry level "Standard" model with no additional packages. Overall a very good car that I enjoy driving. This is my fourth Acura, the first built in the USA. Panel gaps and alignments are not up to Japanese standards. Not a deal breaker for me, but take a close look at any unit you are considering and make your own call. Interior and exterior design is very nice and materials are quite good. Nice suite of safety features, but no blind-spot monitoring. Expect it in a car costing $40K. Instrument panel and infotainment systems have a learning curve. The panel could use a digital speedometer display, an easy software patch. Would like the option to purchase navigation which would be easy since the car has wi-fi connectivity for software updates. Seats are comfortable for long road trips and the cabin reasonably quiet. Engine and transmission work well together. Sport+ driving mode is a lot of fun. Handles well, but no BMW. In Sport or Comfort modes, steering is a little dead on center. Car drives "big" for a compact. Good sight lines, but the vehicle not as agile as X3 of Q5. Developed suspension noise at around 7K miles which dealer tracked down to loose nut not properly torqued during build. Again not to Japanese standards. Mileage below EPA ratings, 17-18 in town and 25 on the road. Seems like good value for the money.

Lots of standard features sporty & luxury comfort

I was initially shopping for Lexus Nx and I figured I check the competition. The Lexus lacked a few things like a bit of "go" on the freeway and the interior looked dated. The Acura had more standard features and also a much more modern interior and more overall interior space. The ride is not as soft as the Lexus but not as stiff as a BMW. It is a great balance of sportyness and comfort. Swawd is great and provides great grip.

Love the RDX

I currently own a TLX and was looking for a model that was higher off the ground but still felt like I was driving a car. that's where the RDX comes in. Great cabin, great seats....visually pleasing. The infotainment system is great, hype about the touchpad being difficult is highly overblown. The Aspec model looks sharp on the road and has some fun options with the sport mode. I love the new ride!

Too sporty for my wants.

MY third RDX--great cars. Very reliable. The 2019 RDX is a really good car and I recommend it to those who want a really sporty drive, handling, etc. A bit too noisy (ending noise piped into cabin--stupid). Rinse is okay but not a luxury ride for sure. Handling is very good for this size car. Lots of power. A standout sound system. I just found the car didn't grow on me. I liked the 2nd generation with the 6 cylinder much more.

3.0

Worst technology I've seen in years

The mechanically the car works fine. The technology items are awful. The touch pad never works right. It is programmed to turn the fan down when the navigation is speaking. Not so good at 115 degrees. The navigation is cumbersome and difficult to use.

Very Satisfied

Researched the RDX front to back before purchase. Have had it now one year. The vehicle does what I had hoped. Handles well in dry, wet and Snow! Comfortable in long road trips and quiet. Infotainment console slight learning curve..

Great car and easy process

This car met both the performance and style standards that I wanted. As a used vehicle, the low mileage (<3,000) was a huge plus. Vince Cuffaro and Crown Acura made the entire purchase process a breeze. We are really enjoying our RDX!

4.4

Best value for the money

Love the vehicle. Only change I would make is no push button shifter. Inconvenient. Everything else is great. Has plenty of horse power. Safety is superb

excellent vehicle, fun to drive

Love this car! Great ride, handling, and performance! Great for daily commuting and for travel with our 2 large dogs. Expecting many happy miles ahead.