2019 Acura RDX consumer reviews

side view of 2019 RDX Acura
Explore the 2019 Acura RDX
Shop the 2019 Acura RDX

Love!

I have only had my RDX for 11 days and very pleased so far. It handles amazing in snow and ice. There is a lot of technology on this vehicle but I feel I'm learning pretty quickly. This is a fun vehicle to drive and comfortable!

4.0

Isssues - good and bad

Basic car functions are OK. Purchased for some of the new safety features. Quickly found out some ARE NOT safe and actually create problems. Basic package DOES NOT have "blind spot" but that's ok since mirrors are excellent and I don't put a lot of trust in the spot detection after all the other issues with detection. ACC (automatic cruise control) with 'follow me' does work BUT you have to be careful when you actually stop. If the car ahead turns, the ACC immediately tries to accelerate you from stop to max speed setting, so you have to remember to turn it off. Lane Departure is TERRIBLE. It has swept me into the other lane without warning, it can't find the edges of the lane with any degree of accuracy. If you want to exit your lane, better use your turn signal or the car will try to prevent you and significantly impact turning - first time scared me. It also falsely will detect a car in lane next to you as moving into your lane and hit the brakes, could be worse with blind spot - don't know. It's not perfect so I turn off everything I can - so now you have a basic car for which you paid extra for the safety features that don't actually work correctly and if it doesn't work properly, it's a hazard to driving.

2.9

Picked a bad one

Test drove it. Bought it. Noticed a faint high buzzing sound like when you’re on a flight. Thought it was just a louder cabin than my previous Lexus. One morning it got louder and while I accelerated. But not when I let off the gas. And not while accelerating in park. I only noticed it because I was driving in silence, which is how I drive after dropping my child off at daycare. Immediately took it in 2 hours later because I’m generally paranoid. I have a 2 year old. It’s my responsibility to keep her alive. Two days later, and a wheel bearing replacement despite mention of the transmission, they’re replacing the whole transmission. It’s a year old, brand new, off the lot. Obviously covered. Service guys were great to work with, no complaints there. Considering I was not far off from experiencing a the documented “limp” mode. I’m surprised I got this far in it. And I’ve been driving with my toddler every day. Hour long trips every week. What if! Once I get it back, I’ll be trading it in for anything but an Acura in a reasonable amount of time. Hopefully it doesn’t effect the value. I paid for brand new to avoid these issues, but now that investment seems wasted on lack of quality control and manufacturer defect. I’m not waiting around to see what else happens. The Lemon law arbitration looks like a headache.

Great car!

This car is beautiful and drives great! I wish I had purchased one with more safety features on it (my fault!). Shortly after I bought the car, I got pulled over for speeding. Oops! The officer was so interested in my car, he let me go!

3.9

Appealing to the eye. Nice to drive. Excellent des

This car is comfortable and appealing to the eye. Interior design attracted me to buy this car. But so far I am a little dissappointed because I had problem with the breaking system within a year and the tire is not reliable. So far I am 60% satisfy with the car.

2.3

Bad Transmission

2019 Rdx with 12000 plus miles needs a new transmission already. Read other people’s reviews regarding all the trans problems. The Acura app is a joke.

Base model has everything you could want or need.

All of the safety, convenience and technology features I was looking for are in the base model. It even comes equipped with a panoramic moon roof. Quality inside and out. I was concerned about Apple car play, since I have Android, but they updated it to include it. Even on the '19 that was the last on the lot, which we got a great deal on.

4.3

Great value jack of all trades

I like the car. It's good at everything but not great at one thing...besides the awd aspect. Looks are subjective but I like the a spec pack. I will say that the gas mileage needs improvement. Interior design is comfortable and good in quality. The information tech console is subpar but I'm able to adapt to it. Over all I do recommend to people that like good value and good performance at a better price than competitors.

2.4

Satellite Radio issue

The car is just ok. It shifts constantly making for an unsmooth and noisy ride. The satellite radio takes 2 minutes or longer to connect rendering the controls useless.

2019 Acura RDX Technology with Navigation

This vehicle has so many pluses and luxury standard features that the odd entertainment system is a minor inconvenience. I understand the reasoning behind the system. Easy reach of controls so you keep your eyes on the road. Mastered this entertainment system in a few days. If you are looking for a luxury compact suv, this should be near the top of the list. Great value.