2018 BMW 530e consumer reviews

$52,650 starting MSRP
side view of 2018 530e BMW
Explore the 2018 BMW 530e
Shop the 2018 BMW 530e

Best vehicle I have driven in years

Very smooth and comfortable and for a company car driver a dream with very low CO2 emissions. Two minor disappointments - Fuel tank range virtually half of my previous 520d and the electic charge does not live up to BMW claims. (It is winter so we'll see what happens with lighter days and warmer temperatures

3.3

Don’t do it! You have been warned BMW 2018 530e

Brakes- squeak VERY loudly on second pair with only 7,000 miles went in for a loaner car- same exact car and guess what?!? Squeaky brakes car didn’t even have 100 miles. The dealer thought it was my car. SMH Won’t hold a charge! Sometimes I can charge for 18 miles and sometimes 10 miles 530e 2018 is the worst BMW

Best BMW I've owned

This is our 8th BMW and that includes a 72 3.0 CS which we bought in 1974 and still own. The 2019 530e xDrive electric and ICE components are integrated seamlessly. The mileage is outstanding as long as you plug it in regularly. Performance is typical 5 series and the car is extremely quiet. I almost think BMW made this car to test the hybrid market especially in the US. I couldn't recommend this car more highly and look forward to BEV 5 series.

3.6

Lemon- faulty brakes

I have a 2019 530e since Nov. 22, 2019, and the car has been to service 4 times for roughly 2.5 weeks in total because of brake squeaking. Specifically, when slowing down from 5-0 mph, the brakes squeak loudly like a school bus. So far, i’ve Had new brakes and rotors (on an brand new car), which didn’t help. They gave me back the car this Friday after replacing the brake pads for the second time. I suspect the same issue will re-emerge after a week or two, in which case the lemon law will be triggered. I regret getting this car. Also, the battery does not get 16 miles on electric. This winter, on a full charge, I have been able to get, at most, 13 miles on a charge. All-in-all, this car is a disappointment and has caused me to waste a significant amount of time dealing with issues that should not exist on a brand new 60k car.

3.6

Poor electric range

Bmw say you can get up to 28mpg on electric on a full charge. I have had this car for 15 months and only get 17 miles on a super day. When cold even on a full charge in the morning it’s zero miles available. Great car but rubbish as an electric car! Made several complaints to Bmw, but they are not interested and I paid nearly £60k for this thing!!

Simply amazed by this car.

Plug in hybrid is perfect for my commute. With the tax incentives and gas saving. it only make Sense to get a car I like and save money on the same time.

530e Plug in Hybrid

Love this car from the impressive lines to a stylish interior. Wonderful drive both using gasoline or electric. I feel very green and my carbon foot print is diminished.

Best car we ever owned

Fantastic design. Super high tech but very intuitive and easy to figure our and adapt even by old folks. Amazing safety features. We drove an Audi 6 for 7 years. The BMW is Orders of magnitude nicer, more comfortable and better equipped. Anything you?d ever want or need comes standard. No upsaling as is so often the case with Audi and Mercedes. Very pleased with our new BMW!!! Our dealership, BMW of Fairfax is superb! Go see Erik.

Best BMW ever owned

This car is stylish inside and out and gets excellent gas milage with the hybrid option. It does not deteriorate the performance in anyway and has good getup and go.

4.1

Nissan g xe 1992

It had fast take off very economical on gas smooth ride and plenty of leg room. Head room steering sound system The many options available