2015 Buick Encore consumer reviews

Explore the 2015 Buick Encore
Shop the 2015 Buick Encore
3.7

no reason to complain

Bought this Encore about a year ago its a 2015, we have driven it daily and just cant find a reason to complain. Its not a race care with its1.4 engine so don't expect it to be fast off the line or on the highway Good on gas handles well, again its not a sports car, just a reliable get around vehicle, one thing very small cargo area

2.9

Cute but costly

I like this car and got it used but at a lower mileage in 2019. Within less than 2 years I had spent at least $4000 additional on replacing parts or on other issues that required immediate attention and by Buick specific dealerships. And that's aside from regular service costs. Each problem was major and they lined up so that as soon as one was fixed, something else would go wrong. Turbocharger need replaced, oxygen sensor needed replaced, some valve thing needed replaced, etc. All the things have ran together in my head because they all severely irritated me since they were so close in occurrence, had similar symptoms, and cost a pretty ugly penny for such a newly released car (at the time) and it's looking like one of the previous mentioned issues is beginning to arise again currently. It's a neat and cute cat, I'll say that, but the rack on top is basically useless as you can't actually attach anything up there, the cubby under the radio is too shallow for a phone to sit in, and not big enough for anything else, honestly, the space under that isn't really big enough for anything either, and the storage area in between the seats has a cute little slide-close cover but it's also not big enough for much of anything, the extra glove box is literally only big enough for gloves or wipes or something, the passenger seat is not all that adjustable like the driver seat, the Bluetooth doesn't automatically connect to your device, and there's something up with the locks acting up that I haven't diagnosed yet. All in all, way to costly for the stress and irritation it's caused.

Great little SUV

We bought our 2015 Buick Encore about nine months ago. It had a little over 56,000 miles on it. We have put a little over 5000 miles on it with no problems at all. Drives and looks great.

2.1

2015 Buick encore NIGHTMARE! HORRIBLE vehicle!

I bought my 2015 Buick encore in 2017 with 52000 miles on it. I have since had to fix each year major problems costing me $2500-$3000 per Year to keep it running. I'm a grandma and drive like a grandma. I could have paid this piece of crap off 2x's over Simply on car repairs. Sparkplug coil, turbo, mass air flow, o2 sensors, manifold gaskets, catalytic converter, water pump and thermostat, ect, just to name a few of the problems. Never again will I buy a Buick. I bought Buick in hope of Finally having a reliable vehicle. It's been a nightmare!

Best car I’ve ever owned

Best car and most reliable car I’ve ever owned. Love it and have had a lot of remarks from people about how much they love the car

Quietest and most comfortable car I have owned

Fits all my needs. Easy to get in and out of especially when you have arthritis in your hip. Drives great. Looks deceivingly small but it doesn’t feel small once you’re in it and driving. Great turning radius.

I went from aCx5 Mazda to a 2015,Buick Encore

It is truly a great car. Handles very well. Love the interior, and design.Luxury. Great on gas.I don't drive much.But i do enjoy out for a Weekend drive.Or,to the park,and beaches.Its truly a great car.Not to big,not to little.

Great mileage

This car meets my need for leg room for my back passenger. I finally got another vehicle with a sunroof . My grandson loves it.

1.9

Craptacular

I purchased this Buick slightly used, only had 1500 miles on it, which maybe should have been my first clue that I was getting a lemon. Currently has a little under 70K on it, and in the past three years the radio has become demon possessed (cracks, hisses, fades in and out), the door lock on the right passenger side stays locked, the air flow sensor broke, the fuel injector needed replaced and now the check engine light is on and the diagnostic says that I have some sort of lean engine performance and another air flow problem. I should have bought a dog sled, I'd have gotten better performance for a lot less money.

4.3

It was just OK

I had this car for just over 67K miles. My mechanic told me that in his experience the car starts having issues around 80K miles, which happens to be when the warranty would expire. The car transmission was weird, sluggish. Not very good handling, expect wide turns. I am very easy on my brakes and already had an issues with one of the brakes seizing and another brake pad with a small heat crack. I did get a great deal on it and it was not bad on gas, about 28 mpg on average. I didn’t understand the point of having a spare tire without a Jack. The technical stuff in the car worked seamlessly- Bluetooth and WiFi would automatically hook up as I got in the car. Loved the navigation, could even find new streets before google maps.