2019 Cadillac XT5 consumer reviews

$41,695–$44,695 MSRP range
side view of 2019 XT5 Cadillac
Explore the 2019 Cadillac XT5
Shop the 2019 Cadillac XT5

Luxury car with beautiful appointments,great price

The Cadillac has beautiful appointments and is equipped with the latest technology that is extremely user-friendly. After a brief overview from the sales person he will be loving every happy mile! CarPlay instead of the stupid the dial on the console that the foreign cars have is a must. Also, love the touch screen, another distinction from a German car. Dealership gives unlimited free car washes Monday through Friday.

4.4

Nice riding

Have had it for about 2 months and so far satisfied. The only thing I do not like is the wheel locks stick out to far and the shifter takes time to get use to.

The car that got away

Owned one in 2012 left for a bigger suv and decided to return to the crossover. Still have the big suv but prefer to drive the crossover for the smoother ride and new technology. Happy with my choice

1.0

Dealer offers me 25,000 for 54,000 car w/ 6000mil

Drove a new car6000 miles..tried to give the car back to dealer..listed value was 54,000.dealer said the car was now worth $25,000...GM Mark's these cars up 40%!

3.7

Third Cadillac SUV. See improvement year to year.

Good car. One factor for this lease, was my current dealership. Fields Cadillac of ST. Augustine, FL. Price was around current prices for the same type of SUV.

Sweet Ride!

This vehicle is hands down the best Crossover/SUV on the market. One sexy car! Gorgeous detail and great power! Everything you ever wanted in a crossover with the styling of a luxurious Cadillac! Awesome!

Love the bells and whistle’s and nice comfortable

Nice comfortable ride love the bells and whistle‘s so far so good. Love the interior it’s very comfortable bit of a gas hog but I knew that getting into it or all I read it and I love the car

4.3

Pleasantly Suprised

I fell in love with the car in the first few seconds driving it. I was pleasantly surprised how I love the car and planning to buy one soon!

3.3

Rented for a week, big mistake.

I traveled to NC and of course I was informed upon arrival that the rental company was overbooked. the option I was given was the XT5. This particular model had less than 20,000 miles on it when I initially started it. At first, it seemed like a sound vehicle and not a bad choice. However, the more I drove the winding roads and elevation changes, problems became apparent. Intermittent surging, shuddering, clicking and noise during any turning that was more than a 1/2 revolution of the steering wheel. The 3.6L V6 paired to the sluggish automatic transmission made it require more than 50% throttle to gain any speed on an incline. Hard shifts when attempting to use the "manual" mode made that option non-existent. Then we get to the so-called "driver assists." The backup camera intermittently lost signal while backing up and lost the angle indicators on even more occasions. The collision sensors constantly went off, regardless of how much I adjusted the sensitivity, or safe distance. Let's not forget the automatic start/stop function of the engine that can not be turned off in this model. This "feature" caused hesitation when attempting to pull out onto main roads, causing some harrowing situations. Now to the turn radius: It's atrocious. After driving a 2006 Ford Expedition I thought I had experienced a very difficult vehicle to park and navigate. Turns out, the relatively small XT5 was even worse. Parking was almost always a struggle to achieve, requiring pulling in, backing up, and pulling back in to get in a spot straight. Now to be fair, there were features I enjoyed. The interior was spacious and comfortable. The exterior looks fairly well styled considering how many other crossover SUV's this vehicle shares it's market with. The keyless start, the exterior lighting , automatic liftgate, all of it was convenient and operated without issues. In summary, if you live in a flat area like my home state of Florida, only park in oversized spots (or don't mind being parked extremely crooked) and don't enjoy any form of performance then this vehicle is for you. If you want to enjoy the drive without having 101 nanny features yelling at you constantly, then pass this vehicle over without a second thought.

Better than the SRX

I bought the XT5 to replace my SRX. All the improvements made from the seats to the headlights to the smooth ride make this the best SUV I've ever had. I have owned a Lexus and Mercedes SUV and the XT5 is far superior.