2009 Chevrolet Cobalt consumer reviews

Explore the 2009 Chevrolet Cobalt
Shop the 2009 Chevrolet Cobalt
4.4

Very dependable car

I bought a 2009 Chevy Cobalt a few years ago, and thus far I really like it a lot. It's the top of the line LT model, with an auto start which is very nice. When it's cold out, I just hit the remote start and let it warm up. It's only has 93,000 miles , and so far all I've done is change oil, and put a new set of tires and wiper blades on it. My son had an '05 Cobalt, and he put over 130,000 miles on it before he sold it and bought a truck. Excellent cars, as long as you perform the required maintainence on them. As that is with any car, take care of them.

4.0

Reliable Car

This car is great and is very reliable for really any every day needs. Drives well and comfortably seats 4-5 people for any distance needed.

best car for the money.

I have owned 2 Chevy cobalts, and I have to Say these cars were so much fun to drive, so economical, and reliable. This car for the money is a great deal.

4.1

Great economical car that does all I need it to.

This is a great car. Not the fastest, fanciest but it's a solid car that is economical and reliable. It's almost ten years old and has needed no major fixes nor really small ones at that. Just your standard maintenance. With studded snow tires, the car goes descent in snow too.

Most reliable cat i have owned and very smooth car

I love this little car. It rides very smooth and it brings out the best in me. I trust in the my vehicle so it trust in me.

2.1

Misfire - literally and figuratively

A big disappointment. The cylinder 1 misfire is a common problem in these and other Chevy's. Car didnt get into the mid 100K milage before rough idle arose. Compact that truly feels like it. Boring, bland. Easy car to drive. Interior, paint, headlight seem to have a long-life. Nice satelite radio.

3.0

Rough Around the Edges but Solid

The car itself is exactly what you'd expect from an economy-oriented compact sedan. The interior consists mainly of sturdier plastics with cloth accents on the doors. Seats are very firm, but not necessarily uncomfortable. Engine is punchy, but electric throttle body is slow to respond to throttle pressure. Fuel economy is wonderful with an average of 30 MPG combined. Very simple to work on. Parts remain relatively cheap and easy to find. Would definitely recommend to someone looking for a car to get you from point A to point B.

Most reliable car I've ever owned

The. Ride is just as good as a Lincoln, Zepher. The radio is awesome!!! I've owned a Cobolt when they first came out.It was an LS and it was basic, but this one has everything I've ever wanted in my car!!!

Most reliable car I've ever owned.

This car has great gas mileage wether city or highway miles. As long as you take care of them they will run really well.

Good car

I had a Chevrolet Cobalt for 8 years and never had any major problems with it. Very reliable I would recommend it for anyone.