2009 Chevrolet Cobalt consumer reviews

Explore the 2009 Chevrolet Cobalt
Shop the 2009 Chevrolet Cobalt
3.3

Will do the job

I have been in it from Florida to San Diego with no major problems. Only basic maintenance required.

One of my favorite cars I have owned

Maybe it is my bad luck when it comes to vehicles, but I have been in so many accidents where people just love ramming into me. But my Chevy has been in 1 fender bender and 2 major accidents that has salvaged out my vehicle twice since I had it. The first accident back in 2015 it was hit from behind and the whole bottom part was dragging which made the car immobile but the fix was less then $350 and it was like brand new. The second accident which was last month put a toll on my car because the lady decided to cross traffic to get to the other side going 40mph, so it destroyed the whole front side of my car possibly wrecking the frame. On a much positive note we all left the vehicle both times with not one scratch! So I must say that this is a very safe vehicle :-).

Best car for driving long distance reliable

I really liked my 2009 chevy cobalt LT. Even after putting 60,000 miles on it in one year it was reliable and great on gas milage. It was comfortable with leather seats had great surround sound and made transit enjoyable.

3.1

A Good Starter Car

A great car for commuting with decent gas mileage. I average about 300 miles before I need to fill up on a 11-12 gallon tank. Hasn't let me down.

4.3

Basic, but reliable, fuel saver

When anyone says something about my car, I like to call it my "basic silver sedan, 2009 edition." It's reliable, gets good mileage, has inoffensive plain styling, and good safety ratings. When you floor it the car only goes a little faster and gets a little louder. What else do you expect from a 4 cylinder eco tec engineer? The handling is the only area the car shines, it has a tight turning radius and is responsive. The suspension is also fairly smooth and the road noise is minimal. It's a perfect car to reliably and cheaply get you where you need to go if you don't care for fast cars with a nice engine noise. However, if you are a car enthusiast, you should only buy this car if you get a good deal and are strapped for cash. It's a good first car/college car.

3.4

Disappointing Plastic Car

Owned an 09 cobalt SS Sedan for a few years. The car got excellent fuel mileage but had constant issues. The interior was a joke with hard plastics everywhere but was equipped with a great radio and speakers. Performance was great, it's a fun and fast little car. Had a fuel line rot and leak. Bottom of doors rotted. Rot is an issue. Overall build quality is very poor.

great car

very good car run's good great on gas nice driving very sporty looking best car I have ever owned but than again it's my first car

cobalt ss is awesome

The cobalt ss is a fantastic car that handles like a race car and it's fast like a race car. If you have the chance definitely get one of these cars

3.4

Very Reliable

It did its job from getting me from point A to B. The only problem the is it isn't good in the snow because of how light it is.

Cobalt SS performance, WOW

The 08+ Turbocharged SS is NOT like the rest of the Cobalts, non-SS or earlier SS. The turbocharged one went to Germany and got tuned on a famous track where it holds the record for fastest FWD car. Road + Track said it isn't just a great FWD handling car, it is a great handling car. Period. The motor PULLS HARD and the suspension and brakes: WOW! Plus with a factory GM tune, the 260HP/260ft-LB jumps to 290HP/340ft-lb and still has factory warantee. Ride is FIRM on rough roads, but fine on smoother stuff, as expected in a car with level of performance. Plus gets 36 MPG on the road if drive 60. Only downside: 1. They didn't make very many (like 4,000 TOTAL) and lots have been modded to 350+ HP. Or worse wrapped into trees and wrecked. 2. Sure the interior is plastic. SO WHAT! Magazines get SO up tight about "soft touch" Ehat ever. Leather steering wheel, nice shifter, comfy seats, who cares if the dash is plastic. GM spent the money under the hood and on suspension, where it matters in a car like this. Get one. You will have fun.