Skip to main content

• Exterior 4.1
Explore the 2005 Chevrolet Equinox
2.0

Head Gasket issue

I had a 2005 Equinox and at 63,000 miles I blew a head gasket and again at 116,000 miles. I've read many people complaining about this issue. NO RECALL. I'm angry I finally had to get rid of it.

We bought this car new in 2005.

Without exception this has been the very best car we've owned to date. It's almost 14 years old and has 63,000 miles on it but you would have to look very closely to find any "wear and tear" on this car inside and out. It has been most durable, reliable and a pleasure to drive. Beyond oil changes, tires and wiper blades, we literally had no other maintenance needs on this car. Our only regret is that we wish we would have bought the All-Wheel-Drive model. Cheers to the Chevy Equinox.

3.0

What a Lemon

I bought my Equinox used and was excited to have a Chevy again after driving a Honda for several years. At first, this car was fine. It had around 89,000 miles, nice interior and AWD....everything I wanted in my next car. After about a year little issues started happening, there was a sound of water swooshing about when you would turn the car, the heat didn't work right and my husband decided to take a look. Since he's a mechanic he assumed the head gasket was going bad and took the engine apart only to find that my heads were warped. We had them machined, but the car still had no heat and didn't run properly (boiling coolant is never good). Turns out, the engine was either cracked or warped as well. The car I bought for $6500 a few years ago was now worth nothing but scrap. Upon further research we discovered this engine was only used in the car for 2 years, we found many more online being sold with ruined engines as well. I have never been so disappointed in a Chevy before and likely won't buy one again.

Reliable car for commuting

Great on gas. Convenient for taking my dog places & getting groceries. Did great in the MI winters even though it?s FWD. very happy just need a bigger SUV now.

4.0

Very Dependable, gas mileage not so good.

This car Would be better if bought New. Like all used cars there no Maintance done so be prepared to do some maintenance on your used cars. Then they would be Running better.

Very reliable

Great car , raised my daughter driving this car runs and drives like the day we purchased it , easy to maintain, my wife loved it and did not want to part with it.

Amazing

I am impressed with this vehicle and glad jason was there to sell it to me. The test drive alone help me make my mind up to purchase this car. It is a chevy and thats a,erican pride than can never go wrong.

Love the technology.

Love the Bluetooth capabilities, its sleek style, the way it drives, and its overall look. What I don't like is the difficulty to get financing.

Heck, this thing never breaks

I bouth the suv used with around 125K miles with a bunch of problem which i repaired them myself. I Currently have 222K miles on it I did an engine rebuild on it myself but because i wanted not because i needed it and replaced transmission because it was slipping but i paid $500 for the transmission, it only left me on the side of the road ONCE in the entirety i had it, and because of an old radiator hose, taped it with ducktape until i could replace it and never had a problem. and 222K miles on it!! My goal is for it to hit 1M miles and the MPG on this is a dream!

Most reliable car i own. I hate to part with it

I love it and hate to part , with it. Its very comfortable. I bought it new and it's still in an excellent condition,... as good as new. It has new TIRES, BATTERIES and BRAKES, AM-FM-CD & HITCH